1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Boruto Expectations/Hopes for 2019

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Raiden, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

With the end of the year approaching, I started wondering how people felt about Boruto moving forward. I have three questions that I wanted to ask everyone and would love to hear responses from you:

a. What do you think will happen in the anime/manga in 2019? Is it too soon for a timeskip to take place?
    b. What have you enjoyed the most about the Boruto series? The least?
    c. Are there characters or concepts that you wish get explained more in 2019?
    d. Do you think you will still post in this section next year?

Feel free to respond to as many questions as you would like to. You don't have to respond to all of them.

Tags:
  2. indrasarrow Blood Circulator

3. Wrecked Baloney Hay

I want a chapter of the flashfoward and appearances of older!Boruto gen characters.

4. Indra I can't stop eating

I would really love some more Teen!Boruto narration since we are focusing on Kawaki's development here, and as we can tell, him and Boruto aren't exactly getting along.

Other than that I don't really have any expectations or hopes. I don't want to rush things... Kinda liking what's going on so far.

The Anime really gives me that weekly Naruto content, so I really don't know what to ask for (even though personally I'm at odds with the current Arc).

Now that I think about it, I do want for things to start getting into gear with Kara/Naruto-Sasuke. But I'm not sure that will happen just yet, because Kawaki still has to form bonds with Konoha (stronger bonds). So I expect another 'Team Arc' after the current one, which involves Kawaki joining the team (or a team).

After that I do expect intense battles, and war.

5. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

I want an entire arc dedicated to Mirai realizing she really loves ice hockey and struggling to balance hockey with being a ninja. She will go through a period of time of feeling like she is disappointing her father until she learns that this is exactly what he wanted. A world where she is safe and free enough to do what she loves.

I'd also like to see lil Sasuke and Sarada moments.

I want to see more of Boruto and Himawari interacting and seeing Himawari evolve past kawaii lil sister.

Also...Orochimaru should die.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. King1 Go Wild

I think it's too soon. They have to develop more of the genins in the manga and give them fights like part 1 naruto. Plus they have to develop the relationship between naruto and kawaki, and Boruto and Kawaki
    Well it's always nice to see the naruto world again and Naruto and sasuke. I have enjoyed the mystery with the new organisation ( Kara ), not yet a fan of the techs but will get use to it.

The least will be the lack of quality fights in the manga and anime.
    Would like them to provide us with a back story of Ao, explain the origin of Kara and KK. Provide us insights to the abilities of the karma seal and the jougan.
    Yeah, I am still a fan of Boruto, though Boruto is not perfect or world class, still in love with the Naruto world and it's characters. Would love to see how the Boruto story would play out

7. Dreamchaser101 Well-Known Member

A. For the anime, a 2 or 3 parter centered around why Sumire chose to become a scientist and how it affects Team 15. If said episodes end the way I think they end, then Team 25 (Meaning Hako @Reviewing Logic) would come to fill in the empty spots of the New Konoha 12 not too long after. (I just can't shake off the feeling that there's something more to Hako not being placed alongside the other captured students during that rescue scene from Ep 37, I would find it genius if Kodachi planned for that to be important since an ENTIRE YEAR ago). Also, I no longer expect for a Boruto movie to come out in 2019, but maybe in 2020 that will be a thing. I also do not expect the manga to enter a time-skip until 2021 unless Boruto goes bi-weekly very soon.

B. I've enjoyed coming up with theories about Boruto's future, and I'm especially interested in what Urashiki's true intent is. The least, Ikemoto can't draw at a weekly pace which caused the Boruto anime to enter a filler-hell that's likely as lengthy as the one from Naruto Part 1. And I kinda wish Kara wasn't as Akatsuki-like as it is.

C. For the anime, like I said in A, Sumire becoming a scientist. That's the only realistic wish I have for 2019 in regards to the anime. Now, about the manga, I'm just wondering where the blimp that Kawaki was in was suppose to go and what the USB drive contains.

D. Maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Daba100 Member

9. fuff

a. What do you think will happen in the anime/manga in 2019? Is it too soon for a timeskip to take place?
    -too soon for timeskip (but maybe in the manga)
    -more boruto wankage/has to be involved in everything and get something in someone else's arc
    -more filler type eps
    -maybe in April we will see urashinki again
    -manga wise: naruto, boruto, kawaki being main. the manga has been boruto only focus so i think it will continue like that for the most part

episode 65
    sakura vs shin
    cute fluff moments (tho they are in the minor)
    gaiden being animated
    some eps here and there
    sarada and sasuke in the opening holding hands (Too bad that wasnt real...maybe they could make it real...) and baby sarada in the opening
    eds>ops

least:
    -not fixing up gaiden...kage meeting etc
    -random filler villians
    -nothing gripping or emotional...which why majority of it is boring
    -the arcs are so boring! (academy, kagura one, even this mitsuki one is dragging) they seem "kiddish" and the arc aren't linking to anything main-so if you miss an arc it doesnt really matter
    -boruto wank
    -honda's writing
    -sp was trying way to hard to hype shinki (he fell flat imo)
    -boruto character changed (i liked him more in the movie than anime)
    -sumire, dennki, iwaebe, and those other two from sumire's team

-sasuke fucken mission (the 5w's on this)
    -sasuke spending time with his family
    -sasuke or sarada talking about itachi
    -sasuke vs urashinki
    -more of the old cast
    -sasuke was not gone for too long
    -chocho and sasuke interacting
    -original t7 mission (including sai)
    -the parents chilling like how naruto VA wanted (tho not in a flashback format)
    -hidan being alive!
    -tsunade and kakashi acknowledging sarada (tho its too late for that)
    -another naruto sasuke fight
    -sekibeing directing again
    -urashinki

yep, like i said naruto series has a hold on me even tho i find the anime boring. The manga could be interesting but i dont like that kawaki is going to replace sarada and mitsuki and he's coming off as a sasuke type. i'm meh about kawaki tbh, it suck we know where it is headed so it feels like naruto vs sasuke moment.
    i still need my dose of naruto so i'll be around.
    2019 is the 20th ani so i'm sure they must be planning something

i second this! ideally without her glasses but both would be awesome!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Anime: Urashiki arc, manga content in May/June
    Manga: Vase plot continues
    I don't think they're deep enought into the series for a timeskip
    Most: I like the manga content
    Least: Lack of motive for Boruto, slow pacing, constant inconsequential feeling in the anime
    I want to know Karas motives, I want more info on the Otsutsuki clan, what/who is Jigen, who is Kashin Koji. What is Sasuke up to, does Mitsuki have Otsutsuki DNA
    Yeah :catlove

11. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Yes people are planning to stay on board! :cry :cry :cry

Will give individual responses to comments soon.

12. Action Hero Biribiri

Trinidad and Tobago
    I don't expect anything from this series other than Boruto(manga) soloing. The anime isn't even on my radar nowadays.

More enjoyable for me that way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Hyuga Prodigy Well-Known Member

1. In terms of the Anime, I expected Naruto, Sasuke, and Shikamaru shinden novels to be adapted and more filler arcs to come. At best, The Mujina bandit arc will be the only manga content to be adapted for next year since not only it will align with Shikamaru Shinden plotline but also the Anime have no intention of surpassing the manga which is an obvious fact now that Ikemoto have confirmed it.

Now when it comes to the story in the filler arc we will be getting, I believe the anime will be centered on Sumire Team because Kodachi have tweeted in Sumire last birthday that he has big plan for her upcoming role both the Anime and Manga.

This mean that we will likely get more information on how Sumire joined up with Katasuke science department and this will determine whether Team Hanabi was disabadoned or not.

After all, these expansions and details will help prolonging the story which prevents from catching up to the manga.

2. In term of the manga, I expected the Kawaki arc to last for another year before shit gets down. It will mostly centered on Kawaki surrounding by his peer in konoha and will formed special bond with Boruto.

Kashin Koji and Kara will have failed attempts to stick their nose and capture Kawaki when Naruto is around.

I think Boruto will serve as a greater vessel to Kara than kawaki because Bolt is naturally gifted with Ootsutski blood as a successor with the Karma seal in his possession and the Jogan.
    So Eventually all the attention will be shifted toward boruto and Kara will take new peek of interest toward Boruto

I enjoyed the new addition to the movie especially Urashiki as well as how the anime put more effort in emphazising Boruto struggles in the chuunin exam.
    The momoshiki fight was by far the best outcome for the boruto anime.

The least thing that I liked about the anime is that they put little to no change in Kinshiki and Momoshiki fight that was straight from the manga which reached the short end of the stick.
    They gave us little to no character depth and backstory to Momoshiki/kinshiki like Yamashita promised to and I dont like how the Anime made Kinshiki weak portrayal when his sacrifice was changed from the movie and novel.

I could never forget that the Anime wasted their opportunity to develop Momoshiki/Kinshiki over Chocho
    Arc ( Which by far the worst filler) when they have all the time they need to flesh out the story instead of rushing things that gets closer to the manga which is not in their best interest.

I dont really like what the Anime does often when they shoehorned the old characters and high elite ninja to be quickly fodderized with little to no efforts with their low budget fights.

I wish they explained the status of Toneri, and more insight of the jogan and the Ootsutski main family.

I would love to see what happened to Ao but instead Kodachi quickly brushed him off and shifted on Kawaki as if he become forgotten

Yes as long as this site isnt dead

14. Rusmina Well-Known Member

I'm honestly anti timeskip, I don't want to see that one chapter Boruto has 12-13 years and next he's 16 years old. But if we talk about timeskip for a few months then ok.
    Mostly fluff cute family's moment, a lot academy episodes, chunin exam was even ok, that we saw more about Suna's shinobi... Like, I really easy like a lot things, so. From manga I like... honestly nothing. Only I started like Kawaki.

The least I don't like we don't see more training episodes, fights sometimes are strange, a really nonlogical behave character etc.
    I want to know everything about Shinki's backstory
    WHERE'S SHINKI'S PUPPET
    How Sunagakure handle everything and if they still that "poor" and that they still have only sand, and sand, or not
    Who oficially is the sensei of Sand Team
    More Sand Team, and Sand Siblings moment
    Interaction beetween Sand Team and InoShikaSho would be cool too
    Exactly fights beetween sand cousins :hurr
    I want to see Shinki and Gaara relationship and know if is possible to Shinki to call him just Dad in future
    I want to see Shinki's hobby, embroidery, in episode
    I want to see that Metal has water release
    I don't care that thet don't know about Hima's future, give her character development :wth
    More Hyuuga episode and Lock On
    Where's this boy Urashiki
    More Aunt Karin for Uzumaki and Uchiha family
    And anime could say that Kankuro is Shikadai's uncle too :catippy
    Yes

15. Kras Lee Well-Known Member

b.metal lee /the least too much focus on shikadai while he is a side character just like metal and iwabe its just unfair
    c.i want to see the first guy who learned the eight gates and how he did it

16. pat pat Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain

cancellation

Spoiler:

More Boñigo wank
    More Kawaki being another pseudo capullo

b
    Nothing
    The art

too late

Of course-until it ends

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Rusmina Well-Known Member

Where everything is focus on genins fights, not Otsutsuki things!
    Show another genins!

Ah, yes, we also have Kara... :blobwoah

19. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

Imagine no Kawaki intro in the anime in the entirety of 2019 . Basically i’ll call Boruto filleruto

20. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  21. Xel

I'm staying for the fandom so I hope for whatever keeps it alive, good or bad :cry Also more Kara.

And yes, I'm with it until the end.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Coolest Guy! Coolest Guy! x 2
    • List
  22. Sassky Tsukuyoming your life

23. wisdom of a kage at seven Well-Known Member

Good action and secondary character relevance.

24. Rusmina Well-Known Member

But you didn't call that Boruto is filler 20-30 episodes ago?

25. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

not all of it. just the thought that 2019 will have no manga content is fillery to me

26. Djomla Student

Cancelation in order for Kishimoto to do some prequel stories or stories in which he would explore more of the other 4 villages and not just Konoha.

If that's not possible then more old gen less the new one.

27. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    a. I expect to see new villians in the manga other than kara, kawaki training with boruto etc. The timeskip might happen maybe in a few years time so yeah it is too early for it to happen.

b. I don't like how inconsistent the characters are as time goes on

c. other teams going on missions, more villages and i woud like to see the main clan getting a proper intro plus more inter- dimensional travelling, aliens exist so it wouldn't hurt to introduce the unknown ones

d. NO, i will probably be too sucked up by college life

28. Sassky Tsukuyoming your life

Lmao! You basically owe an apology to everyone that told you this for the last 2 years. 85% of the anime is filler, Ikemoto confirmed it with the parallel thing and that the Manga leads.

:hestonpls

There is no problem with it being filler, there is a problem when people can't comprehend, are stubborn and get mad when the facts are right in front of them.

29. Indra I can't stop eating

30. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

i ain't skipping a single boruto episode. boruto's anime orignal arcs can be really good

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List