1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  4. ⛄ ❆ Check out the latest Newsletter-December , read it here! ❆ ⛄
  5. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  6. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
  7. It's that time again, where a certain lazy rodent refuses to host a wonderful NE-centric game. Come play the 2nd Mafia Game

in the Nigerian Embassy (formally known as the Chatterbox) hosted by the one and only WAD! Test your skills, shitpost like no tomorrow!

...There's a prize if you win.
  8. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .

Episode Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 36

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Platypus, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Landon Active Member

What I want to say is that Boruto is not far from Naruto's anime and merchandise sales.

2. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

The idea that sequels don't do as well is not only false but has Borutards use arbitrary logic on what counts as a sequel.

Naruto Shippuden was a sequel to Naruto and did just as well. Naruto Gaiden was a one volume sequel to the the final Naruto Volume and did well. Boruto the movie was a sequel and finale of the franchise and did well.

Tokyo Ghoul Re is a sequel and does just as well.

Boruto the manga and anime was meant to be a sequel to Naruto. It flopped because Kishi is not writing/drawing, the main character is not appealing, the story is slow and uneventful and Ikemoto is shit at drawing.

Look at current WSJ releases and tell me how many have been decreasing in volume sales 4 times in a row. The fanbase for it is getting smaller and smaller.

3. Pierro Active Member

Because it aired along with Pokemon but still had pretty average ratings. Boruto doesn't have the better timeslot.
    Tokyo Ghoul:re is drawn by Ishida. If it was done by his assistant or some other guy it would have had the same drop.
    744,085 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.12
    692,076 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.13
    673,359 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.14
    597,059 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.15
    447,972 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.16

460,330 Boruto Vol.2
    375,867 Boruto Vol.3 
    222,467 Boruto Vol.4

402,652 DBS Vol.2 
    360,620 DBS Vol.3 
    245,884 DBS Vol.4 

Do you notice something when you look at those numbers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Did you just use volume sales taken at different points in time :wow

I'm talking about this:

MHA

Code:

│183544 (3)│335087│389256│420101│440536┃*,744,085 (290)┃2017/02|僕のヒーローアカデミア 12
    │264367 (6)│350385│391797│420927│449478┃*,692,076 (230)┃2017/04|僕のヒーローアカデミア 13
    │183296 (3)│353292│416205│457774│489650┃*,673,359 (171)┃2017/06|僕のヒーローアカデミア 14
    │341780 (7)│438814│490771│522623│542079┃*,597,059 (*77)┃2017/09|僕のヒーローアカデミア 15
    │274338 (4)│399804│447972│479017│499904┃*,499,904 (*32)┃2017/11|僕のヒーローアカデミア 16

Now try again and tell me.

5. Pierro Active Member

6. Indra I can't stop eating

No one can best Zeneth from sales talk. He is the captain of that ship.

On his grave it'll say

R.I.P Zensuki

The shitter of Boruto sales

7. Platypus Super Moderator

More recently released volumes have sold less because, well, they were more recently released. Use sales roughly a month upon volume release for comparisons. :cat

DBS manga sales have increased significantly.
    BNHA's increased too during the anime's 2nd season's run.
    Boruto's sales have been dropping since the first volume.

/boring

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  8. skullguy skellington

:obamabury

9. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

I honestly don't understand why the hell they decided to do this new generations thing now. If they wanted to milk the Naruto series that badly, they would've been much better off doing something that showed the time period after the war and the last. Basically showing how the village is changing & what the gang is up to & showing them become parents. Instead of jumping straight to their pre-teen offspring, and putting the central focus on Boruto who remains to just not be an interesting character to many people. Like show us their kids...but don't give them their own show. There was such a good amount of investment in the original characters...I just don't understand why they threw that out the window. I'm hoping that eventually we will get some "filler" flashback arc that focuses on the old characters more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • List
  10. fuff Maybe next time ;)

kishi left them a window to do the blank period and sp did not take the opportunity at all

11. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

And will get destroyed by Attack on Titan :ufdup

12. Ignition Qliphoth Rhizome

I still think they should have went with a 50 years or so timeskip, with a different MC unrelated to Naruto/Sasuke similar to the Legend of Kora.
    It would be more bearable to me tbh, and Kishi would have his sci-fi manga.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Right though??? Like they made a few episodes...but not much. They definitely could've done so much more with this time period
    Truthfully I'd be down for this. It'd feel a lot more original. So many people hated LoK for being so different...but I liked that. I'd like something more removed.

14. Indra I can't stop eating

LoK was terrible. I dunno if Naruto could pull that off..

But LoK really tarnished ATLA for me. Though in regards to Naruto, the story telling was pure garbage long before it ended.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  15. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Both Korra and Boruto both have similar issues when you get down to it.

Both were pretty in your face about how different the new mc was (Korra stopped doing that relatively early on though where as its still annoying with bolt, and they seem pretty bipolar about it on top of that) and both largely went against the strength that made the original enjoyable (being different is fine, but not when it alienates fans of the first series) though in boruto's defence most of the problems with it started in the latter parts of the original series.

Korra got better come season 3 though. We'll have to wait and see if Boruto manages to pull itself up.

16. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

I don't even get how you can compare Lok to ATLA. They're just so...different. Largely in tone I think. There is this whimsical innocent nature to ATLA that LoK doesn't really have, while still being baddass. I think ATLA is just...a classic. Nothing could ever tarnish it. That show by itself is a masterpiece :catsalute. LoK is just something you like the feel for or don't, and the first season almost totally turned me off from it. I think unlike ATLA, Lok had this clear fluctuation of highs and lows, whereas ATLA is basically straight highs. You can basically watch any episode and be entertained af.

Agreed about Naruto. The story just went straight of a cliff around the Pein Arc. I think Boruto has just maintained this filler Naruto quality level. I don't really like it or hate it. I'm kind of just indifferent with moments that are like, that is pretty cute. There is just nothing that draws me in deep the way Part 1 Naruto did. I'm just waiting to be convinced that it was a good idea for them to make Boruto a standalone story like this.

17. Indra I can't stop eating

My main problem with LoK in regards to lore with ATLA is just the explanation of things. I feel like series that continue long term always feel the need to justify themselves to the audience.

I don't ever remember watching ATLA, and asking myself 'How do they even bend in the first place?'. They offered in mythology in the lore, which didn't really add as a confirmation, but it offered something that contributed to the story telling of the series. For example, how it was said that Water Benders learned to water bend from watching the Moon control the tides. Or how Earth/Water/Fire benders learned from respected animals of: Bison, Mole, and Dragon.

From association, it kind ruins the experience. ATLA introduced this story and kept it grounded, they didn't try to introduce elements where the lore itself clashed with the setting, outside of that weird space rock Sokka found. However in Korra, they decided to have bending come from weird ass giant talking turtles. Granted I understand how weird it was from Aang's narrative to gain an automatic power to take away someone's bending just for the sake of making sure his character stayed within the limitations of his personality. Still, it was what-ever.

I don't necessarily hate the fact that there are benders who can do things easier, which such said mastery was incredibly harder to do in previous generations. Like Lava bending, Metal bending, or even the outlier with Zaheer being able to actually fly just cause.

My problems sort of clash with the fact that the narrative needed more Air Benders, so they decided to enlist the 'Harmonic Convergence' and create a new line of air benders out of thin air. Just because. Once again clashing with the ideals where bending came from anyway.

I just feel like the story felt off. I wouldn't mind if they explored Korra and the rest of the cast while not touching on the already established story.

I have other major problems with the series like: The lack of actual depth in the relationships/friendships, lack of interesting characters aside from villains, one dimensional supporting casts, and the entire story revolving around Vaatu and Raava.

/Endrant

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

No, you got told. Next time you come in with sales, at least make sure they are in the same timeframe :ohlord

Can't believe I waste my time with some of you dumbass people :ohlord

Now, as I said before, tell me another WSJ series that has been in decline 4 volumes in a row

:edu

• Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  19. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Oh the origin story of bending was so weird :lmao
    I felt like since we already had a bunch of weird sprit shit and ATLA I could accept it....but I think I would've just preferred to not know. Like instead just having their chi just be a part of how living things are, and how bending was just about learning how to control your energy in a certain way. I think this is how chakra should've stayed in Naruto...instead of alien nonsense .___. Sometimes explanations just make things worse I guess...

The flying I didn't mind too much, but I really really didn't like the easy mastery of things that seemed so difficult. Like Toph being able to metal bend was dope, because it seemed so hard. But now there are like entire cities with metal benders. I like how the metal fits in with the more modern theme...but idk...I feel it could've been done better

Yup compared to ATLA Lok really didn't due well in the building relationships thing. The foundation of ATLA was really just this group of kids growing into a dope ass family while traveling the lands over the seasons. Though "Team Avatar" in Lok didn't give anywhere near the same feeling. I liked Korra and Asami's relationship the most, but even that was lacking development. Season 2 was just god awful :lmao.

I think my favorite part about LoK was Korra's emotional journey in the later seasons. I just found her character very relatable during that time. The aesthetic of the more modern environment was also great to me. The plot in general had it's cool moments, but also many meh moments. Overall I think the writers are talented. I heard that Nickelodeon was only going to give them one season and that it affected the writing, so I wonder if some of the downfalls came from an uncertainty about the series.

20. Narutossss Active Member

well damn feels like prime telegram days in here.

21. Pierro Active Member

543,642 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.16
    533,625 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.17
    489,889 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.18
    460,227 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.19
    449,610 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.20

454,635 Shokugeki no Souma Vol. 22
    437,089 Shokugeki no Souma Vol. 23
    408,901 Shokugeki no Souma Vol. 24
    388,366 Shokugeki no Souma Vol. 25
    362,653 Shokugeki no Souma Vol. 26

Most of these volumes were released in the same timeframe with a one or two days difference.

22. Platypus Super Moderator

** Please stop calling people -tards, autists, dumbasses, morons, etc. Also refrain from provoking people from opposite fandoms and going off-topic too much. For off-topic conversations, post in the convo thread.

Read the guide thread Heart and I wrote: https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/new-leaf-section-guide.1118277/#post-57721572 :blobcoffee**

Don't you guys get bored of having the same arguments and back-and-forths over and over?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  23. Raniero wew ladd

Dragon Ball Super came out as a sequel to Dragon Ball years after it ended and Toriyama is at its head. It has waaaay more hype in comparison. If you want a good comparison to Naruto/Boruto, Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball GT is a more apt comparison.

Spoiler:
    Ironically, Fuff got upset over what was clearly a joke. But keep talking out of your ass, Mr. Crying About Boruto Everyday :catsmug

Edit:
    I refuse to play FGO, but now we're talking. See, you can have good taste :catwave

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  24. Fiona ★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

I know its kind of cliche, but personally I have enjoyed the fact that Boruto is much different and flawed compared to Naruto at the same age.

I also agree with what Platy said guys. I think we are capable of have disagreements without throwing around over the top insults. :amuse

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  25. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

*thinks of all the Itachi threads over the years*

Of course not

26. Haruka Katana Feed Platypuses before you stab them

:mahbama

I imagine Platypus announcing that in a mall or something :dank

27. ramezzes Active Member

28. Yahiko In Tyler We Trust

That's because gaiden was the first sequel material to come out after the original's ending and people read that because

1)Curiosity about the new characters.

2)People wanting to see the original characters,especially their favourites to see what they were up to now after the war.
    How and where they were living etc.etc.

3) Wanted to know about the present state of naruto world as well as the plotholes that were left unexplained in the orginal ending.

We just never expected the entire story to be solely about sarada.

Most of the fans thought gaiden sucked.
    More sales doesn't mean its a good quality manga.

A lot of superhero movies make a lot of money,doesn't mean they're all good.
    Except boruto is a sequel to sequel.
    Naruto>Naruto Shippuden>Boruto Anime
    So its a part 3
    Sometimes part 3 isn't as highly regarded as the first 2.

Boruto maybe less popular than the original because its a spinoff and majority of the fans were done with the franchise after forcibly suffering through the war arc.

Since naruto's story ended,they just didn't feel like continuing the series,couldn't care less about the new generation and their story.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  29. Landon Active Member

Basically, that's what happens with most sequels, however, it is no use explaining this to Zesuki.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  30. Hussain Stab Platypuses before you eat them.

What are they supposed to do in the blank period again? Let's not pretend their case will be any different.
    The anime Boruto is already showing some SoL episodes every now and then, and people kept complaining about them.
    The same thing will happen to the other characters as well.

Salad's fans are now toxic to the community when she is still around. Imagine how salty your fandom will get if SS were the only one to get ignored since Sasuke was not in the village! I would say God's Mercy reached us that SP did not go that rout. :apathy

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List