1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Boruto Volume 6 Cover ART Released

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Reviewing Witches, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

So you've conceded your very own argument.....nice :bigboss

Goku is already in. Jump force has one character per slot.

You realise how crazy you sound?
    The number of colour pages somehow means Boruto won't get cancelled/cut short/kicked out :conspiracy

Meanwhile, the obvious cause, manga sales, shows Boruto is heading down the drain :mjlol

2. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

The excuses Boruto fans come with :kobeha

Naruto's final volume, was its best selling, 1.35 million+. Gaiden sold 1 million+. Boruto the movie was the best selling Naruto movie by far.

Naruto fans clearly loved the ending and later timeskip when Kishi was heading it :bigboss

More like no one want's to follow the story of a bratty kid, who is relatively spoilt, with a near irrelevant side cast, lore chock full of asspulls and with no respect to fan favorite characters :thunk

Well you got two at least.

:sauceskully

At this point the only people thinking this are the handful of Boruto fans, who will predictably eat up anything Boruto.

Manga's don't steadily decline 6 volumes in a row for no reason. The story is shit and people are leaving.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

This post is just one giant L to the Boruto franchise and Boruto fans :blessed

4. Indra I can't stop eating

Naruto's ending was atrocious and didn't wrap up anything. Kishimoto literally threw pairings together with lazy ass adult/kid designs (Obito and Madara replaced our MC's for a good hot minute lel).

The only people who are consistently satisified with Chapter 700, were pairing fans.

Story wise it was shit. Like the rest of Kishimoto's solo work.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Nice opinion you have there but you are objectively wrong with the second paragraph.
    The people that whine and complain about the ending are in the vast minority.

72 didn't become the best selling volume by far, have an spin off sell 1 million+ and lead to a movie selling nearly $50 million by being a disappointment to Naruto fans bar pairing fans.

The Naruto fans evidently enjoyed the ending. 2015 was the biggest year for the entire Naruto franchise :bigboss

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Raniero 『 』

Which speaks nothing of the quality. These sold well because they were the final works of the Naruto series at the time and showed the cast older with kids. Regardless of your opinion, most fans had grown tired of Naruto by the end of its run and the final arc of Naruto and Gaiden, especially, were mocked and agreed to be some of the series' worst writing. This is just a fact. You'd have to be absolutely biased to think the final Naruto arc and Gaiden were well written or that any of it sold well because it was well written and not because of it just having the name "Naruto" stamped on it and an "older cast" gimmick.

Also, I like how you keep conveniently ignoring the Last selling well. I guess it's fine for you to pick and choose, huh? :lmao

Naruto fans were mostly satisfied with the ending. That doesn't mean they're willing to ignore the glaring faults leading up to the ending like you are, you goof. You can respect the effort and like aspects of the ending without sucking off the author. Maybe leave tumblr once and a while. Maybe even ask around this site how much your fellow SS fans absolutely loved Gaiden, because we know how much you guys enjoyed that piece of shit up until the last chapter. You weren't a member here in 2014, nor did you see the reactions in the final arc, but I was around, and it wasn't anywhere near as universally praised as you're trying to say it was.

That didn't stop them from following Naruto's story. He stayed a shitty brat longer than Boruto did.

Again, didn't stop people from reading Naruto, which had all these issues. Though you've made it clear you don't watch or read Boruto, so how is your opinion on this even relevant or credible? :thunk

Boruto was never that popular from the start, especially for a Naruto sequel. That tells me that regardless of what direction it would take, it was never going to be big, because of the reasons I already stated.

I have plenty of issues with Boruto's writing, but most people were writing off the series from the start, so it is ultimately less about the writing and more about just a blatant lack of interest or unwillingness to give it a chance. Ironically, you're one of those people. You were shitting on the series from day 1, before there was even any content.

You have absolutely no basis to claim the sales are declining due to writing quality. That's conjecture.

7. Platypus * Advisor

8. Raniero 『 』

I think it's the pacing--it's moving at a snails pace for a monthly manga and not enough happens in a chapter. It's hard to arouse intrigue this way. More shit would happen in a single chapter of Naruto than a monthly Boruto chapter. I don't think it's because the story is shit.

9. Hyuga Prodigy Well-Known Member

More like you are putting your words to my mouth and not grasping the jest of it.

You'd argued that the boruto manga will repeal yet not everything strictly end in cancellation when in reality everything is bound to end in one way or the other meaning the alternative is that it will end a story it wanted to tell in it's own term just like assassination classroom ended shortly because the mangaka felt the need to wrapped up when the story is essentially completed.

Boruto plot is complete linear and centered on boruto/kawaki and kara which gives Ikemoto more breathing room to outline the importance ( Where its the anime job to expand it) and finishes his story in time going at this paces without the need to waste panels on other characters and story arcs that will take forever to finishes because it will stop in the middle of the process if it comes down to cancellations.

Those who dropped boruto esrly on and stopped supporting the series because sarada and muh favorite characters got no love only got themselves to blame because the lack of support for the series only prompt kodachi/Ikemoto even further to limiting few characters focuses .

In your case, Too bad for you !

So again no indication with boruto ending shortly even by the so called " low sale counts" which even to that standard is impressive. If anything, boruto was given the privilege to do the monthly since WSJ requested it and are known to be impatient and gave bad reception on other weekly series that reached the short end of its stick.
    In other words, boruto will last longer until it dries but I doubt it will end that way because by then, things will get heated in the story which will atleast gain some momentum with fluctuating sales so in turn it will survive even longer.

Not Goku from DBS with god forms which is the epitome of fanservice which everyone wants and only gave him SSJ from DBZ. Again, no Hero academia, black clover
    7 deadly sins or any new generation of shonen which has atleast more fans than boruto.

Not really. Jump seems to be obsess with Boruto which there are already signs of it. They are willing to give special grant on Boruto with Color PG in almost every monthly basis that allows the series to live longer and holds lasting effect.

You cant say for obvious when your track record speaks otherwise :aww

10. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    That's because it's not a Jump property. It's serialized in a different magazine.
    Those series usually aren't successors to a large IP like Boruto is.

11. indrasarrow Blood Circulator

Volume 6 thread:
    Spoiler:
    Volume 7 thread:
    :troll

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Boruto Well-Known Member

I mostly agree with this too. Ike's art was the final nail in the coffin.

13. King1 Go Wild

I have been saying it for a while now. He is a desperate guy

• List
  14. Indra I can't stop eating

My guy the Naruto ending was big bc it was a 15 year series that finally ended.

Anybody can tell you that the final Arc was poop. Kishimoto introduced wack ass aliens, forced Naruto and Sasuke to fight, and then wrapped things up with a surprised baby boom with shitty designs everywhere.

This man had an entire cast of characters and gave no one a closing to their story, except for Naruto/Sasuke. Who then he made their children relate to each other, by being busy fathers who dont spend time with them.

Until the eventual Gaiden in the coffin.

15. Zef Dark Magician

16. Zef Dark Magician

No one reads these days, and no one wants to read something as boring and slow paced as the Boruto manga.

Kodachi should just quit, and work with the anime. :goose

17. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Well, this certainly turned into a different thread than the title indicates!

Raniero has pretty much hit the nail on the head: There are multiple reasons for less interest in Boruto than its predecessor. The powers that be should have given it some time for better development before rolling it out--I guess they were afraid to lose momentum coming off of Naruto. It was a poor decision because the audience for Naruto was already weary of Kishi's long (and dragged out to the point of boring) war arc and uneven, rushed ending.

Had Kishi stuck with the franchise it may have fared better simply because his illustrations would be familiar and far more pleasing to the eye. The choice of Ikemoto, who really hasn't the artistic chops to handle even a monthly manga, and Kodachi, who doesn't seem to fully know or understand the lore of the Narutoverse, certainly has not helped in drawing interest. For me, the emphasis on ridiculous tech that often just mimics already established chakra based abilities is a real turn off as well. The choice to go monthly did the franchise no favors either.

A better decision would have been to have picked up with the original Team 7 and cast after the war, showing the fandom just how their relationships grew during that time leading up to The Last--and then to continue on through their twenties as they eventually achieve their life goals. And to choose a decent creative team to back it: An illustrator with an ability to encompass Kishi's style and (if Kishi preferred not to continue as writer) someone who could produce a good set of story lines true to the universe going forward. Perhaps by then the audience would be ready for Boruto.

• Like Like x 7
    • List
  18. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Yes it does. It speak that fans had continued interest and were willing to buy it.
    Or what are you going to say fans hated it but still bought it more than any other volume :conspiracy

Says who?
    The evidence clearly says no, so I'm wondering what evidence you have for this other than personal opinions and anecdotes :bigboss

:no

The K11 have more development in Part 1 of Naruto than

Its called common sense :mjlol

A continued volume sales decrease for nearly 2 years and 6 volumes isn't going to caused by factors that were apparent in Volume 1 (art, Kishi is not writing).

what other factors are there for such a decrease?

My dude while I understand the sentiment you have to realise that this is just an opinion and actual sales show the Naruto ending was extremely successful and liked by Naruto fans,

• List
  19. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

People keep saying this with no data to back it up. The data even goes against them :bigboss

20. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

It's almost like an addiction! :laugh You're not satisfied, you know it's not good, but you just keep coming back for more! High hopes that the next chapter would be better. I know that I found the war arc more and more boring as it dragged on. Still, I had high hopes for the appearances of my favs and continued to read on (and buy the tankubon because of those appearances--I generally support manga that I seriously follow). Honestly, I know of few who were satisfied with the way Kishi handled the ending arcs of his story--he was burnt out and fed up and it showed. Of course, I have no idea as to how the Japanese audience viewed it, but I know what I've seen in online commentary. :blobshrug

21. Boruto Well-Known Member

Because less and less people like each new volume enough to buy it, obviously. :troll

22. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Framing it as an addiction does not skirt around the idea that some part of you enjoyed it.

Sales > anecdotes

Sales are objective. They show the interest and/or enjoyment from Naruto fans.
    Anecdotes are subjective and have no accountability.

Go on :yousmart

23. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Well of course I enjoyed it when characters I like had good scenes, but that doesn't negate the fact that the war arc itself was drawn out and sometimes just plain ridiculous (examples: Obito's constant resurrections from certain death; Sakura inexplicably hesitating to gouge his rinnegen; Black Zutsu transformed from half of a cannibal plant man to a founding villain). The final arcs of Naruto seemed poorly thought out and hastily slapped together. I hung in there to see how the story was going to end for Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

Maybe, maybe not. Some may have found that purchasing the story as a part of Shonen Jump was enough, not to mention those around the world who are happy to pay nothing for the franchise and perhaps didn't feel the need to make a purchase of the tankubon. I can understand that, as I have avoided buying the anime filler episode blocks, even if a canon scene I particularly like is buried somewhere in the mix.

24. 123witched Witches>>>Your favorite

Regardless it's still.... BORUTO GREATNESS!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  25. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

:drake

There's no maybe about it. Sales are consumer interest in a product, its the very definition of demand in a conventional model.
    There being a subset of people that pirate or read the volumes elsewhere does not contradict the fact that more popular series sell more volumes, and said series are popular because they have a lot of fans interested in them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  26. Raniero 『 』

Are you actually using the sales = quality argument? Really nigga?

Really Nigga.

Yeah, no fucking shit a 15 year old fandom would keep buying stuff that keeps coming out, especially when it's the final works. With a fandom as big as Naruto's, a poorly written final arc wasn't going to just make the sales drop. If anything, the series ending guaranteed sales.

I never said fans hated it. Learn to read.
    And why did you cut out so much of my response? What a cop-out :lmao

You mean other than clear reader exhaustion and the general attitude of the fandom during the finals years of Naruto's run? The drop in ratings? Are you really deluding yourself into thinking the majority of the Naruto fandom was in love with Naruto's last arc and wanted to see it go for even longer? How new are you?

Yes. Boruto was only a brat up until the Boruto movie arc. Naruto was an arrogant brat, still talking big, still pulling pranks, still hounding a girl for dates, and still being an obnoxious child until the end of part 1.

But the thing is, part 2 was the majority of the manga and them, along with a large amount of characters, were underutilized and given nothing but basic backgrounds. I can't speak for the Boruto manga, but the Boruto anime has made an effort, regardless of execution, to develop each person in Boruto's age group with their own episodes and Shino of all people got far more development in one episode than he did in 700 chapters.

No, it's called conjecture. Conjecture: an opinion formed from incomplete information.

I could just as easily claim the drop in sales is due to pacing issues and lack of content in the chapters rather than just shit writing.

You seem to be misunderstanding that people buying the final (this is an important keyword) volume of the Naruto manga doesn't mean they thought the ending was flawless or that they weren't tired of it or accepted that Naruto was done. How many of the users here have even stated they were glad for the ending? Nobody really wanted a Naruto sequel this soon. :lmao

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. Xel

For me, Naruto lost its spark almost a decade ago. The fandom is the only thing keeping me connected. However, if I had a collection of volumes I would have still bought the final ones, probably, just because I'd want to have a complete set, or because of sentimental value. They don't sell them in my country, though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  28. Platypus * Advisor

Sounds like an issue with writing :extremethunk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  29. Platypus * Advisor

Also, for someone who's raving about Zensuki's conjecture, isn't saying that the majority of the Naruto fandom grew discontent of the series by the end of it and that they bought the final volumes for the sake of completionism but wouldn't give a shit about a spin-off or sequel series that'd come afterwards because the final arc/ending put people off, one big conjecture? What's your evidence? Your own opinion of the original manga's ending? A vocal minority on internet forums? YouTube/Twitter polls?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  30. Xel

I mean, pacing is part of the writing. Why the hell do they insist on stretching everything out so much is beyond me. Literally every other monthly manga series I've read or am reading has so, so much more content per chapter, sometimes even in less pages.