1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Bush *coughTobicough* Is a Good Boy

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Purgatory, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Purgatory Banned

Tags:
  2. Lain doesn't afraid of anything

3. Altron スキャンダル

yeah i just read this like 10 minutes ago. At least he finally did something that now other nations support,though still his reputation is still tarnished and he is still criticized. Though now he might be improving his act to the world hopefully he pulls us out of iraq by the end of this year.

4. Immortal Flame Eversoris

At least he's doing something relevant now that other nations deem acceptable. Other than that, I believe that there are pressing domestic issues that Bush also has to attend to.

5. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

merkel is a conservative and bush's new best friend in europe, secondly she is only saying that because she is obligated to do something nice for bush since he's coming to her country officially, and thirdly perhaps she hopes that bush will do more if she flatters him a lot

6. Bunnyhat Feed me my Foods

I'm glad to see Bush taking a stand on something others in the world can agree on for a change.

7. Valentine ♥ Sing it like a drunken prophet

I just love always noticing the ADVERTISEMENT text in the top/middle of the articles.

8. Fuck the world. Get us some oil for lower gas prices.

9. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

see though only in the most superficial and broad way is that true. if you look at what bush is actually proposing to DO about 'climate change' its nothing compared to what the rest of the civilized world is doing

10. Vom Osten God save the Empire

Nothing doing, we'd be even more critisized for causing a genocide.

11. Freiza Banned

he wont pull out of iraq hes to full of wtf and failTW so yeah....whoevers the next president inherits it

12. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

in september if the surge is deemed anything other than successful the congress will go nuts on bush and force him to begin pullout

13. CJC Pearl Jam ftw

Bush finally realised that global warming is occuring I guess lol, the rest of the G8 agreed to the Kyoto Treaty years ago.

However its good that the largest develpoping countries China and India are going to do something to curb their carbon dioxide emissions.

14. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

bush is still opposed to kyoto treaty.... you guys are getting fooled by the propaganda machine. all bush has done is say the words "climate change" basically, dont think he is suddnely a hardcore environmentalist hes not at all

15. kidloco Well-Known Member

Flag:
    Japan, Costa Rica

like always

he lie to the world

what news is that -_-;

16. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Finally he's getting it right, despite being rather slow.

17. Neko Beautiful

18. Outlandish Active Member

well let him meet his old pledges before he makes new ones.

19. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

Merkel is a Christian moderate. Sarkozy is the real Conservative there, and he won't warm up to Bush just now when he has so little time left in office.

But yes, Bush and Merkel are getting along well at the meeting, although I think that is just an image Bush is trying to keep to look like he is part of the members leading the conference.

I am still disgusted that people think that the G8 is composed of arrogant people when they are really trying to solve issues.

20. Outlandish Active Member

well if they were trying to solve issues, why can't they follow the stuff that they say and announce again and again on CNN and BBC news, it's all for publicity imho, no countries kept to it's pledges since the last g8 summit.

21. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

The definition of the G8 is quite vague to begin with, as it is said to be composed of the most wealthy industrial nations. Its predominantly Western style also means that the leaders of the nations are very busy with their own business. The G8 Summit is a conference for the nations with the economical power to aid other nations in addition to their own.

Unlike any other nation in the G8 however, people focus a lot on the Americans' accomplishments, and deem accordingly that its results are the G8's results. That is not on, Makenshi. I do not know if you think so too, but Britain at least has lived up to many of the expectations it had for helping combat AIDS in Africa, and lived up to expectations for the previous meetings (which should not be forgotten either).

Bush has only recently fired up a programme to provide millions of dollars for African nations, and although that was just before he went to the G8 meeting, it was at least something. I am not saying that is the only accomplishment of his, but he is running the argueably most stressed country on earth.

Consider this too, that the G8 nations actually make these commitments unlike any other nation, because they can. They have the economy and the will to do it. Truly, it may not seem like it is always evident how successful they are, but nobody can expect them to act in favour of war-stricken Africa before trying to achieve peace there.

The G8 nations also happen to do a lot more work in cooperation than people notice, which is why it is important to note that the summit is only their annual meeting - which is similar to the United Nations (UN) General Assembly's (GA) process. Incidently, that is where these industrial nations saw that their own efforts were being bogged down and suggested that they meet outside the UN GA to solve issues on their own.

I think that many people see them as extremely arrogant people gathered to make small promises to help those who are in need. What I have heard from some of these people is a point of view where it seems that just because you are rich you owe people in need money.

That is a twisted view of reality. The G8 nations are trying. Just look at the organisations like Amnesty which normally would have ridiculed the government of America for its poor prison facilities, or Japan for its refusal to admit war crimes. They do not speak out against the G8 for its concept, but they think they make inadequate measures.

I think that they are inadequate to at times, but the reason they are the most industrial nations on earth is because they are very cautious with their own economy, and rich from beforehand. If they jeopardise that they will neither be industrial nor G8 nations.

22. Outlandish Active Member

yeah i knew about Britain keeping up with it (they mentioned it on Radio 4) Well since you mention it in that Light it does make sense =).

23. Edo Αρχίδια

I am going to respond to this point only as I agree with the rest of your post.
    People believe so because they believe these countries got rich on the back of other countries, and that they themselves are the cause of the many problems they are trying to find solutions to.

It is not just about giving money, it is also about politics.

24. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Hm, I suppose it is good that they are proposing something to deal with the environmental issues that aren't going to go anywhere by themselves.