1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Calling it Jutsu or Technique? Which do u think is better?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Roy Flame Alchemist, Sep 26, 2005.

Jutsu or Technique

1. Jutsu sounds better

168 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. Technique sounds better

70 vote(s)
    32.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roy Flame Alchemist

i think the Naruto dubbed might sound a little better if they just said technique instead of jutsu. When they say jutsu it just sounds stupid when american people say it. It might fit the american accents abit more of they just said techinique.

Tags:
  2. ExAzrael

I.....really don't care, so I voted for both.

Niether is a mistranslation, so I don't trouble myself with complaining.

3. TheVileOne

Same difference, whatever.

I'm annoyed with all the complaints about saying how they pronounce "jutsu".

4. ExAzrael

as am I.

It makes me laugh at how many fans fake knowing Japanese, xD

the only reason "jutsu" in japanese sounds like "ju-(as in "just")tsu(t-soo)" Is because they speak it so quickly. quick lesson in japanese, folks. The japanese "u" is pronounced "oo", a long "U". yes there may be instances where that isn't the case, but this is not one of those words where that case applies. So shaddap.

5. TheVileOne

Its just delusional otaku freaks and their elitist attitudes.

They think they know EVERYTHING there is to know about the Japanese culture, language, and anime.

6. ExAzrael

That's why I've got that link in my sig, heh.

7. hakke

this is another case of lipsynching(?), sometimes they need to stretch the lines to fit... both sound fine, im actually glad the use both on the dub.

8. Jinnai

I like that they're keeping a lot of Japanese in the show, but hearing jutsu without the "no" in front of it just sounds odd.

9. hakke

Sure it sounds off, you just have to get used to it...

would "jutsu OF a shadow clone" sound any better?
    "art OF doppelganger"?
    "technique OF me and my body"?

Its fine the way it is...

10. Maleficent

Foreign words just sound cooler...

11. ArioNeko

I voted for technique because I am against mixing the languages. Either transilate it all or keep it all. I say if they were gonna use Jutsu they should have used 'kage bushin no jutsu' or simply 'shadow clone technique' instead of mixing them both...

... except for teh case of honorfics and 'sensei' those needed to stay simply because they do not transilate very well.

12. nah-nah

Honestly, though, about mixing languages... Doesn't english already do that anyway?

We have a lot of European words mixed in with our words as well... We use some Spanish words already... and honestly... I don't see anything wrong with expanding our - and our youth's - vocabulary. That is the beauty of America. We have no official language. We are a melting pot.

Besides... The Japanese use some of OUR words in THEIR vocabulary. What's wrong with us doing the same thing? It's not like it's doing any harm to either them or us. We're always going to have accents, and they are as well. No big deal... at least it's understood and at least we're all trying.

Nothing's wrong with mixing languages. Believe it-ttebayo!

<3

13. dylec

In Naruto, 'Jutsu' is 'technique'; both of them mean the same thing. I don't see how it should be a problem if either or both are used.
    Let's say one of Naruto's lines is: "Heh, how about a taste of my technique?" After his quick seals, he yells "Sexy jutsu!" and transforms into his girly version.
    'Technique' can easily be replaced with 'jutsu', but keeping it there is for context. Now, if 'technique' replaces 'jutsu' in the second line "Sexy technique!" - it doesn't sound that smooth. :tem

14. Complex Alchemist

Wow theres a lot of jokes on american ppl. We're not so bad just im angry that we barely got to se the first 3 episodes of naruto its fucking retarded! And doesnt matter how u say jutsu its going to be different for evry1 so dont just say american ppl sound stupid saying or it might fit the american accents better if u say techinique. At a time evry1 says it different no matter:mad who u are OR where u live its going to be different!

-The Grateful ComplexAlchemist

15. nah-nah

I'm sorry, Complex Alchemist... I'm having trouble comprehending what you've stated in your above post. Please take a deep breath, calm down, and try posting again so that it's easier to read. Thank you.

16. genesisofire

I like it how Viz chose it--jutsu. "Technique" wouldn't make it sound the least bit better, at least in my opinion.

17. King Speed

Jutsu just... fits. technique would just set off the haters more, i mean i wouldnt care if they used either. And at first when i heard theres wasn't a "no" inf ront of jutsu i was like "darn" but its not anything that's really a big deal to me.

18. Bakryu

same here i think technique would just made it sound stupid

19. narutofan1010

actually in the japanese the atacks are "insert name of attack" no Jutsu for example in japanese the Shadow Clone attack is Kage Bushin No Jutsu so for the purists i think Jutsu is the better translation belive it

20. Ah B

Either one is fine. It's not a big deal anyways.

21. Otamoshi

It doesn't really matter to me. Think they both work well. Use whatever one sounds better in context or is more comfortable for dubber.

22. Bakryu

thats treu but i still dontthink it would sound too hot if it were technique instead of justu

23. King Speed

well theres no use trying to argue about ot- just in case. Jutsu is used because Viz. Technique would be used if 4kids... see the difference.

24. Uchiha Inkatomi

It matters, what language its in, like if you say Kage Bushin No Justsu, Justsu is gonna fit better in that spot than "technique". But if you say Shadow Clone Technique, I think Technique is gonna sound better than no justsu in that spot.

25. Panzer Kunst

References to japanese name should be accurate, I would think. Call it shadow clone technique or kage bunshin no jutsu, anything else is inaccurate.

26. DeathIsComing

hm...let's see. shadow clone JUTSU or shadow clone TECHNIQUE?...i like jutsu more.

27. pengachu

definitely jutsu...i mean...come on its a jap anime and it gotta contain some azn style words!

28. RockLee

-_-'

Though, I don't mind technique in the slightest. Jutsu, just because I'm used to it, but technique would not hvae bothered me in the slightest.

29. padisah

'Jutsu' sounds more exotic and appropriate.

30. Lil Donkey