1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Can Boruto Surpass Naruto?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by MaruUchiha, Aug 8, 2018.

1. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

2. IrisHeart Well-Known Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

4. Indra I can't stop eating

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. UchiSarada Well-Known Member

Just look at how cool and powerful Naruto is:

6. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Come back when Boruto can tank a Jutsu which cuts the moon into half

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Altiora Night Member

Tbh, we’ll have to wait before reaching a conclusion.

So far, his Karma has only shown the ability to absorb chakra & ninjutsu. If he is able to use Takami Musubinokami then the True Fire of Samadhi became part of his repertoire when the flames were absorbed. Besides, I believe that Boruto’s Karma has more powers than we think.

As for the Jōgan; Toneri labelled it as the Star of Hope, whilst Momoshiki claimed that Boruto has strongly inherited the Ōtsutsuki’s power upon seeing the kid’s right eye.

We shall get more insight into his potential as time goes by.

8. Iwabe4Hokage Iwabe_4_Kawaki

Hell kunai with chakra channeled through could probably cut him.

A move that can cut the moon he tanks < a sword that cut right through him.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  9. Rai Comfy Kitten

It’s his story so yes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Arles Celes The Psychologist

If hard work does not put him there then more godly gifts will. It wouldn't surprise me if he ate a dozen chakra fruits. After such a meal Naruto and Sasuke would be like bugs lol. :smoke

That said if most fans demand Naruto to return as the MC then Boruto might end up getting the Gohan treatment by sticking to a scholarly desk. :blobsweat

11. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Lol what?You mean the shit in Naruto Gaiden?That was PIS

Hell no,Naruto can fight with Momoshiki in his base form for a short time and is equal to him in his RS-Mode.Only a Kunai from a God-Tier can harm him

Are you joking?Until we dont talk about Adult Sasuke/Momo no fucking sword can harm Naruto

12. Rai Comfy Kitten

Didn’t Sasuke already told Boruto he can surpass Naruto? :riku

• List
  13. RAGING BONER #UrNext

reach Nardo level at an average rate of 11/12 chapters a year?

hahaha laughable_story_telling.exe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Arles Celes The Psychologist

It was actually "become greater shinobi than Naruto" I think. :hm

And while greatest does not have to mean "strongest"...then yeah, pretty much.

Though this time we did not get "You are the only one who can surpass Naruto". Not surprising as Kakashi's line about Naruto being the only one who can surpass Minato turned out to be false.

If Boruto surpasses Naruto then Kawaki probably will as well. As for Salad she will probably surpass all women in shinobi history sans Kaguya.

But the "only you can do it" is no longer the case.

15. Rai Comfy Kitten

“I lost to him, but you can become someone who can surpasses him” guess it’s about strength :riku

The “you’re the only one who can surpass Minato” statement was about Rasengan I think and turned out to be true since Naruto is the only who has completed FRS so far.

And of course Boruto will surpass Minato in Rasengan too.

Agreed about Sarada she will become the world strongest women.

Hopefully she is better than her mom.

• List
  16. Djomla Jedi Master

Fuck no.

17. Hussain Well-Known Member

Only possible way for that NOT to happen is if the manga/anime got axed. :catshrug

18. King1 The one true King

Lol at those who said he can't, i feel like you guys are not familiar with shonen, it's not as if naruto became this Godly with hardwork which would make your point about him not surpassing naruto to hold substance but hardwork took naruto to only BSM, that's his peak with hardwork, anything above that is just plot convenient power up to defeat a villian. So if boruto becomes as hardworking as naruto which is unlikely as he is a genius so he would work smarter not harder and by taking into account the villians in boruto, who should be at least naruto and sasuke level to pose a threat to them, and with boruto destined to fight the ototsukis who should also be atleast naruto and sasuke level to pose a threat to them, and you think plot will not grant him power ups to defeat them since he is the hero in his story? then am afraid you guys are going to be disappointed when your worst nightmare becomes a reality. Not that i care anyway cause i knew what i was getting myself into when i started watching this series

19. Action Hero Ping Pong

Yup. Hes the new MC, the plot will inevitably bend of backwards for him to surpass his predecessors.

I wouldn't have it any other way :catbuff

20. Raiden formerly President Goobang

There seems to be a lot of time for Boruto to grow. I think that's what they are going for.

Does it matter in the bigger picture? Given the difference in viewership for he original and the current series...I dont think so.

21. Hussain Well-Known Member

Meh, a lot of the shit that took a lot of time in the previous series to come up or explain won't take any time at all in this manga since
    it has already been explained.

For example, we went through Jiraiya Vs Pain to show SM, and then Naruto had to train in details for SM to get it. He still had some problems getting in SM half battle.

Yet, Pre-Academy Mitsuki already had it and by the time he got into the academy, he can use it freely.

It took us a whole arc for Naruto to learn how to use an element (Wind) and upgrade his Rasengan.

Yet, Bolt already has 3 elements and easily upgraded his Rasengan.

And so on... :catshrug

So, the power will be at much faster rate here...

22. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Though Sasuke said it that Boruto can do it since he is "even more stubborn and unwilling to lose than Naruto" rather than saying he is more talented or having greater potential than Naruto. Then again Sasuke admitted losing to Naruto when he heard him saying how he "regrets being unable to move as he would gladly continue fighting". After hearing that Sasuke seemingly considered him too stubborn for him to fight him rather than saying how Naruto is stronger than him. Still "guts" and never giving up are seen as the true strength of a shinobi.

Obito himself admitted losing to Jiraiya too due to his students being the ones that led to his defeat. And Sasuke says how he defeated Naruto by the end of the Momo arc. So I guess admittting defeat depends of the context.

And I'm pretty sure Kakashi meant surpassing Minato as a whole since Yamato deemed said task as sorta impossible and just surpassing Minato at rasengan did not seem THAT amazing. Plus Kakashi had not said after seeing FRS that Naruto "surpassed" Minato at that point.

I wonder how Salad will compare to Boruto and Kawaki by the end. Or Mitsuki. If she becomes Hokages then she will become the next paperwork mule. Poor girl. :catsweat

As for Boruto I'm curious whether Jougan and Kama will be enough to make him surpass Naruto or he will need more power ups for that. :hm

23. Raiden formerly President Goobang

Great points. I think they might feel comfortable definitely saying that Boruto surpassed his dad after whatever timeskip is coming.

24. Arles Celes The Psychologist

The main problem might be Boruto lacking "juice"...namely chakra levels that his dad got thanks to Kurama in order to match such extreme raw power. Otsutsuki are so strong because they eat chakra fruits which provide them huge chakra upgrades.

Kama and Jougan sound cool but unless Boruto got enough fuel then they might not look as impressive as they could with someone more chakra heavy.

Of course Boruto might become a Jin of sorts. Either via new super Bijuu superior to Kurama or via chakra fruits.

25. Suekay Well-Known Member

One thing though - his Kama might mean he's impervious to ninjutsu so it could mean his enemies will test him in other ways - taijutsu, kenjutsu etc

Hopefully he'll develop into a far different shinobi from Naruto to avoid too many comparisons.

26. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

With the Jougan and Karma seal, it is possible.
    You can forget that, there was some artwork by Kishi released showing Boruto with a chakra mode which looked a lot like Naruto's.

27. BlackGod Well-Known Member

In certain area's yes. If Boruto still has that karma seal as an adult I think he could tank any of Naruto's strong chakra base attacks but as far as chakra (without the fox) I think he'd be close to his father but closer Sasuke's level. He may match Naruto's speed in base but with Sage mode or Kyuubi cloak mode not a chance.

I think adult Boruto would be way above sage mode Naruto with both Jogan and the Karma seal but nowhere his cloak mode whether with just Kurama or all the tail beast or with sixth path sage mode. I think he might get a cloak or the team behind BNG might find away to introduce the Tenseigan as an evolution to Boruto's Jogan.

28. Wrecked Baloney NOES

Japan
    If Boruto can harness something like a bunch of bijus (if not the 9 bijus), I can see it coming true.

29. RAGING BONER #UrNext

I guess Bort just needs to be good at Taijutsu since Karma negates any chakra based attack :catshrug

30. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    The highest he can possibly get is around Minato level, any higher it's because undeserved plot boosts like senju chakra or bijuu

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List