1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Lifestyle Can gambling be more destructive than other addictions?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Ultra Instinct Vegito, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Ultra Instinct Vegito Well-Known Member

I see people go through 1k+ dollars so quickly by gambling. It's a bit sad seeing how many people get addicted to it. Do you guys think it can be as addicting, if not more than cigarettes, alcohol, etc?

Tags:
  2. EJ ely wins

3. Mυgen The Dancing Samurai

Every addiction can be very serious, so is gambling :smoke

4. savior2005 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's as addicting as smoke/drinking etc. It depends on the individual's situation tho. families can easily be destroyed because of gambling. However, one's health doesn't really suffer from it directly, unlike smoking/drinking

5. Keishin Well-Known Member

You'd lose money and be broke with hundreds of thousands of debt but you wouldn't really have destroyed lungs or anything. People taking depression meds, SSRIs, Benzos, for kicks is the most destructive by far however.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    DID SOMEONE SAID GAMBLING????

Just kidding :dank

Just like any other addictions, it just depends on the person him/herself. Get enough self control and it is not as destructive as it seems to be. Set a certain limit, otherwise you'll get fucked. Gambling is as addictive as... games, to me anyway :hm

Though it is definitely not advisable to gamble, some people like me find joy from it, I do it for fun, to pass my time, it gives excitement.
    It is not entirely destructive, gambling is said to help old people with alzheimers :smoke

7. MAD we are many

Catdank Faction:
    Only potentially financially more destructive.

8. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Gambling addiction is a myth.

9. Kuzehiko

Lots of families have been affected and ruined by gambling.

10. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Its financially more destructive and you will see the results a lot sooner as you are kicked out on the street.

11. Eros 同性愛者

France
    Catdank Faction:
    It's up there with the worst drugs like heroin. Those are the two addictions most likely to make you flush a fortune down the toilet and end up on the street. It's exactly how you end up there that differs.

12. zoro_santoryu Savage

unless u put ur life in danger by borrowing of loan sharks or the Mafia, id say drugs/alcohol is a worse addiction as it can impact health as well as spending all money where as gambling its only the latter

13. Aphrodite Banned

Of course it is. Its a mindset in my opinion. Ive gambled a few times but i didnt get addicted. I think it really depends on the person. There are rich people out there who lose homes and there families cause of gambling. Its just as a serious addiction then any other.

14. Nataly Banned

It's as addictive, or in some cases, even more addictive and harmful than alcohol and nicotine addiction/abuse.
    I have witnessed some of my friends' friends putting everything on the table, risking everything so they can keep gambling, they lost a house and a job like that. It's very sad, and this addiction requires some psychological help, for sure.

15. Mider T VM Rapist

16. John Wick I'd like a dinner reservation for twelve.

England
    Personally I see it as far worse than other vices since with drugs you've got that limit with gambling you've got no limit and no matter how much you lose you think you can still win it back. Hence why I don't gamble.

17. Mei Well-Known Member

Depends how far you go. If you have loan sharks looking for you because of gambling debt than yeah.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. Ashen-Shugar A wild romantic rover

It is a good idea to hedge your bets too or if its just monopoly money buy that speculative bagger. Think its just the wine but past disappointments long ago were Southwest Resources (another Bre-X), Poseidon Concepts, Oilexco etc..etc.., lol resource stocks werent kind. Just do the boring route and collect dividends.

19. David an accident

gambling will lose you monies, nf will lose you life

20. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Easily.

When people lose money they always think they can win it back then they keep losing more money.

If there's no profit coming through they want to make the money back they invested in the first place so they're back to square one again, in a matter of seconds, they'll be screwed even worse. Especially online where money doesn't feel like money at all, just literal numbers.

There's another thing that there's never "enough". You hear time and time again people only want to win a certain amount of money but they end up biting more after they already won what they wanted to win and end up getting fucked over.

21. Dr. Negri Well-Known Member

Yes it makes you lose your family and people you 'care' about. Personally I would never trust someone who gambles.

The reason why gambling is more destructive than other addictions is because the bigger and better reward is just around the corner. There is no roof you can hit.

22. Keishin Well-Known Member

With gambling you may lose it all but atleast you van still choose to live a normal life.

23. ~M~ Do it for her

Lmao a normal life of addiction with no money and growing debt?? Don't really see what you're saying.

With x addiction you may lose it all but you can chose yourself out of it?

24. Avalon The Dark Lord

I'm pretty sure I have a gambling addiction, the staff and security all know me on a first name basis.

I'll try to quit at some point...maybe. :hidari

My father would kill me if he knew how much of his money I wasted there. :lmao

25. Avalon The Dark Lord

Luckily it hasn't affected me or my family financially at all. Basically how it works is my father gives me a certain sum of money every week and he let's me spend it on whatever I want. I spend it on shopping first, then anything left over I gamble with.

The reason he would be furious is because he's really religious and gambling is a sin. :hidari

I would recommend people avoid it, as it can be really addicting. Definitely seen a lot of people lose a huge sum of money there, and I personally know one couple who got divorced over it.