1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Can Kenpachi leave SS?

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by Insipidipity, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Insipidipity

I was just thinking, Kenpachi, with the eyepatch had enough reiatsu to nearly knock out a seated shinigami(the 4th squad one). Even at 20% of that power, Normal humans with little reiatsu would be killed if they were around him. Heck even going into Rukongai must be dangerous for the people there with that much reiatsu.

So do you think theres a special ban on him from leaving Soul Society?

Tags:
  2. martryn

I think he can control how he emits it. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to interact with his squad at all. They can surpress their spirit power or something. It probably comes out unbidden when he's itching for a fight and one is eminent. That would explain the eyepatch.

Or, it could be some sort of unexplained, minor plot hole.

3. Shishou

I think his excitment from waiting unconsciously emitted a high spiritual power.

Cause when he was with Orihime, she was fine. And he can be around other low level members of his squad and others.

Its juss when he is excited, it comes out without him realizing it.

4. Utz

As Marty and Shishou said, he can probably surpress his spirit power, otherwise any weak squad member around him would be undoubtely crushed, but excitement and the fact that he's about to fight makes his power literally boil to an astonishing point.

5. Insipidipity

I guess, it was just weird when he said "all the power you pumped into your sword is less than the reiatsu UNCONSCIOUSLY flowing out of me". Add that with him saying his spirit power is so high he cant compress it into his sword, and you'd think it'd gotta be pretty rough for anyone to be around. Maybe Orihime can withstand it and the seated because they're pretty powerful compared to most.

6. martryn

It unconsciously comes out when he's excited, sorta like old people and peeing their pants. The more excited they get, the more paper towels you're going to need.

7. Skoemie

Orihime can withstand it because she is with ichigo all the time... Ichi's off mode is extreemly high as shown before so Orihime must be used to something

8. cinosweiv

Zaraki is not constantly emits his spiritual power everywhere he goes.
    He emits it only when he is excited to fight.

If he can't stop releasing his huge power, he better gets a bandage for his full body to absorbs his power when he is not in SS....
    Mayuri will be busy to help him out

9. SloppyJoe

LOL just think of the consequences that would happen if he couldn't repress it. I'm not going to name all the ones that just came too me but seriously... dwell upon it. Oh yea on topic he definatly "could" but most likely never would because earth lacks strong spirit power.

10. Potentialflip

You have to remember a captain or vice-captain have a power restriction when entering the real world. There is no such restriction in Soul Society. About 5-10 times weaker. Kenpachi's reiatsu after all has been proven that Ichigo with help from Zangetsu can surpass it. Kenpachi at full power and Ichigo/Zangetsu power was still able to cut him and make him fall.

11. monk3

right. that and remember when ichigo, ganju, and hanatarou were suddenly afflicted by kenpachi's reiatsu so suddenly out of nowhere. so he probably has the ability to surpress it

12. earthshine

no way they let him leave unless its a dire emergency. u gotta rem,ember, he prob has loads more spirit power than most captains, since he is on their level, even with just a normal soul slayer. its all his pure power, while theirs come from them AND their swords working together. if, in the human world, he for any reason lost control, hundreds could die

13. Ah B

I'm sure Kenpachi would have the ability to surpress his rietsu. If he didn't he'd be more of a threat than help.

14. Insipidipity

Well it is said that the 11th squad is the strongest and thus are blessed with the strongest captain. Maybe the reason why the strongest are put in his squad is because they are the only ones capable of withstanding his reiatsu.

Even at 1/5th that reiatsu, I think it'd still be dangerous for him to even be in Rukongai.

15. Rangamaru

That's a good theory because kenpachi and ichigo are alot alike;however, they have the opposite problems. Kenpachi has so much power that it's always flowing out, and Ichigo has so much power he always has it shutoff.

16. Masaki

I think the bigger question here is: If his spirit energy is so huge, why is his Zanpaktou so small?

And I'm sure that if he ever goes to the living world, he kills his enemy in a split second, then returns. I mean, I'm sure he and other captains are meant for fighting in the Hollow's world.

17. [Anbu]Naruto

Yea true well hehe I guess we'll have to wait to see his Ban Kai and hmm it might show to be its true form? A large Zanpaktou I hope.

18. JoshDB

It probably comes out when he's excited by a fight, as many people have said here.

19. Insipidipity

Who says its small? Its almost as long as Ichigo is tall, maybe longer than Zangetsu...look when they fight, Kenpachi towers over him and if not for that size, his zanpaktou would look bigger.

20. archaned

He doesn't know his Soul Slayer's name, therefore can't do Shakai or Bankai.

21. Rangamaru

His soul slayer is always in shakai just like ichigo's

22. Oompje

But you need to call out the name of your soul slayer to achieve shikai right??

I think his soulslayer is more like the one of Ichigo before he had the training from Urahara.

23. Chas3265

I don't think he surpassed him, he just matched evenly. They both cut each other hardcore and they both were laying there bleeding to death.

24. Firedraconian

Yeah, it was basically a draw, even if Ichigo broke Zaraki's sword. And consider that it was Ichigo's shikai vrs Zaraki's normal form. If Zaraki had been able to use shikai, let alone Bankai, Ichigo would have been toast. Heck, if Zaraki hadn't played with him for half the fight, he'd be toast.

25. roguenoir

I'd like to see him brought back again, fighting against the Arrancars possibly after he's learned the name of his soul slayer

26. Mori`

ugh, please refrain from posting spoilers without spoiler tags and a notification of manga spoilers. This is the anime section >.<

I have to agree with whoever said that zaraki has some meausre of control over how much he emits