1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Throw the dice to win Golden Sparkles for a month. Check this thread.

Dismiss Notice

Can Sharingan Copy Rasengan?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by shizune (inactive), Oct 6, 2004.

1. shizune (inactive) winter is coming

y not? sasuke can copy how naruto does it and juz practice... sasuke's quite talented himself and his hatred towards itachi should be able to propel him enuf to train the rasengan day and nite...

juz thot abt it... sorry has this has been posted b4?

Tags:
  2. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

The Sharingan can't copy the Rasengan, seeing as there are no seals or anything. Although it might be able to, but I don't think Sasuke could master it at his current level, Naruto was a special case because of his kage bushin technique.

3. shizune (inactive) winter is coming

sasuke's sharingan could copy lee's taijutsu moves (no seals too).. and he later trained to have Lee's speed as well..

4. Code Zoamelgustar

Gaining Lee's speed had nothing to do with teh sharingan. He taijutsu were movements as seals are movements. The Rasengan has tod o with chakra forming skills. SHaringan cannot copy skills. If it could copy the Rasnegna then it can copy speed and power which it cannot.

5. Fullmetal Moderator

i think that it depends of the movements.
    like rasengan actually requires one to learn the basics of how the rasengan works.
    like the chidori, sasuke could have easy copied kakashi. but it looks like the sharingan doesnt work that way when it comes to special moves like a chidori or rasengan

6. ANBU X The Silent Killer

sharingan copy rasengan...no
    sasuke learn rasengan mosy likely yes

7. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I doubt that sasuke can copy the rasegn, it doesnt contain any seals.

8. Final Ultima Branding Breach

Well, Sasuke can copy movements, so it's more than plausible provided that Sasuke realised the key to using Rasengan. Although he'd end up needing to use the same method as Naruto, as that was the strict method he copied.

9. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

how can you be so sure??? :cool: how do you know that sharingan cant copy skills(like you call them)???i havent seen that in the anime or in the m,anga..so sorry but you are wrong until prooven otherwise...

10. Penfoud Shichibukai

Even if he could copy it, he won't be able to use it, at least not now. Currently, I doubt he have the chakra to perform the jutsu, if he can perform it, he can only use it once.

11. Jake (inactive) Q('_')9

maybe, maybe not. it would be lame though. and he don't need the rasengan either, the chidori work just fine :)

12. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Well, Kakashi did copy Lee opening the gates, and that didn't take any seals at all. Of course, Sasuke doesn't have as much experience with the Sharingan yet, so he may not be able to copy it. Also, he did only copy a portion of Lee's move, not the entire move. So we can't really tell if he could copy it or not.

13. dryller Hoodkage

I don't think that just because a jutsu doesn't have seals that it can't be copied. Kakashi copied Zabuza's water clone jutsu. I don't think Sasuke can copy the rasengan just yet though since although Neji might have a better chance since he can see the way the chakra is moving with his eyes.

14. souske_05 one pissed kitty

actually he didnt copy it with his sharingan, just saw how it was done and did it. kinda like naruto. well i think so. idunno. maybe he did but he coudlnr copy the rasengan. no seals, just focusing chakra into a certain spot of the body. nothing special about that, besides it spinning and stuff.

15. Sitex Banned

Thats one of the good things why Jiraiya didn't make Naruto do handseals for the Rasengan. To keep away Itachi or someone with Copying-Jutsu ability to copy this Ultra A rank Technique.

16. saady87 New Member

him, most likly not..I doubt that he would be able to, I cant prove it though...but u guys cant eitehr..so, il just say..he cant! but if he tries hard enough he might be able too...

17. KiNMoTSu Guest

You say that copying a Taijutsu is no different from copying the Rasengan but it is. Rasengan is a Ninjutsu without the use of seals.

18. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Rasengan does have handseals, but for the protecting this powerful ninjutsu, Jiraiya taught Naruto the version without handseals, so that nobody could copied it, specially the Uchiha brothers.

19. Omote Renge ...I'm just here.

Um, no Rasengan does not have hand seals, when did Jiraiya ever mention teaching him a different version? All I remember him saying was that it didn't require hand seals so any idiot can do it.

20. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

Ummm...Tsunade specifically stated that only the 4th and Jiraiya could do the rasengan...in a village full of jutsu-copying Uchiha. So if no other Uchiha copied the Rasengan while either Jiraiya or Yondaime were still there, then I'm inclined to believe that it cannot be copied throught the Sharingan.

Which lends credibility to the whole "bloodline jutsu" or "Clan" jutsu (like the Nara clan's shadow-morphing jutsus)...

21. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

Rasengan doesn't need any handseals.

Sasuke copying Lee's Taijutsu movements are a lot different than copying Naruto's Rasengan because it's chakra control. Sasuke gained the speed, but copyed Lee's movements (foot-placements etc.), but I dont believe the Sharingan can see chakra control like that, which is what the rasengan is, chakra control.

22. theshinobi417 New Member

Sasuke could copy the movement but couldn't preform it cause u need to practice it and u need good chakra maintaining skills.

23. stormrunner Wants a Custom Title

The sharingan is capable to copy the rasengan since it is just movement, but the sharingan user would have to train to get to the same level since that cannot be copied

24. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

i believe it can't since:

1. no hand seals, sharingan users mostly copy this kind of technique

2. rasengan is a techniques that requieres chakra control and a lot of power

note: sharingan user are recognized for copying techniques but.... i think kishimoto have limited this to balance the naruto universe (like: bloodlines and speculating techniques with no hand seals)

on the lee fight he didn't copy it because of the sharingan directly ... let me explain... he could see what lee did do and based on that he did the same as lee... but the sharingan in my opinion did not fotocopy the move lee did....

on another side note: rock lee should be the one who learns the rasengan :D could you imagine the posibilities??????? rasengan with that speed??? or the ura renge with a rasengan finish .. such a treat =oD

25. Code Zoamelgustar

It's not in the sharingan's description... and why would he train to gain speed if he can just look at Gai and suddenly be that fast adn strong...

26. MysticShadow New Member

he cant learn rasengan from just the sharingan .. sharingan can copy enemy movements but its not like he can see how the chakra flows out..

27. 3D Master 3D Ninja

Hmm,

Chidori: can be used only limited times (twice a day for Sasuke), needs a straight thrust --> is dangerous, easy to counter (as Itachie showed, and Rock Lee said), only Sharingan user can use it because their eyes allow them to avoid the counter if they're good enough.

Rasengan: can be used limitless times, since the chakra can simply be drawn back into the body so you don't waste anything, has no move limitations, can be used in any direction, power does not rely on thrust so could in theory be used while you're lying half-dead on the ground or are pinned against a rock wall, which makes it also difficult to counter, can thus also be used without Sharingan and wasting the chakra to use them, and since it isn't based on 'thrust and done' it can be used indefinitely, not the damage of one thrust simply keeping it in position and tearing away flesh and bone and stone and trees alike continuously, also uses no seals and no specific movement so Sasuke's brother can't copy it and use it against him, and needs only 1 hand if you've mastered it correcty, so even while is Itachi is holding one of his hands the Rasengan can be used as a surprise attack, not to mention the possibilities of TWO Rasengan one on either hand AT THE SAME TIME!

Sorry, but Rasengan is superior to the Chidori in EVERY WAY, and it would be very natural for Sasuke to want that kind of technique if he really is such a genius and can understand the potential for the Rasengan. The fact that he isn't using it already, pretty much tells me it can't be copied with the Sharingan.

Nope, there is NO movement, there is only one thing and that is putting out chakra in the right formation.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  28. shikimaru Full Metal Musician

Sharingan can copy movement so he did copy Gai's movement with the sharingan. Right here tells you what it can and can't do, it's just the info from the lessons that Kakashi gives the viewers throughout the series.

The rasengan just needs tonnes of willpower, chakra and chakra control, it's all internal. The rasengan the way Naruto does it has movement but it's not the key to performing the rasengan. Sasuke's sharingan on that occasion would just have taught him how to paw like a kitty ha ha

A Byakugan user could probably copy the rasengan as they can see what's happening internally. maybe..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  29. HyosHi Kage Godaijin Sama

Sakura would be able to use rasengan easily if she had enough chakra.. The problem with rasengan is because you need plenty of chakra, something to the level of naruto, jiraiya or yondaime. Sasuke's chakra is much lesser then naruto, tho it seems the same because naruto is terrible at controlling chakra.. Ultimately, it's just huge ammounts of chakra combined into one small ball in the hand, if you guys watched what jiraiya was saying carefully. Thus, sasuke and sakura cannot learn rasengan, simply because they do not have enough chakra to expell. (It's said in the interview with masimodo(how u spell his name? ?.?) that Sakura could technically learn and use rasengan, only she does not have enough chakra to expell and mantain rasengan.)

30. 3D Master 3D Ninja

Actually, I think that's the main reason why Jiraiya had Naruto practice the Rasengan. He was completely not expecting the boy to master it within a months. The real reason was for Naruto to improve controlling his chakra dramatically. I think with walking on water, and now the control of the Rasengan Naruto is NO LONGER behind Sasuke and Sakura at controlling chakra, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's now AHEAD of them. In anyway, Naruto is most certainly no longer 'terrible at controlling chakra', if he was terrible at it, he would NOT be able to perform the Rasengan, which is PURE control.