1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're having technical difficulties with regards to support tickets.
    Please refrain from starting any new tickets for now. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Can someone help me....

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by ~L~, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ~L~

This is a rather minor thing but I was looking back at chapter 33 :Rockin' Future 7 and I just wanted to clarify who was it that was doing the narration. Is it ichigo or orihime? At first i thought it was ichigo, since the narration is inside the black panels similar to chapter one and it made sense for it to be him. But then when I re-read it, the first panel seemed to focus on orihime so i'm confuse whose thoughts do they belong to.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tags:
  2. Chlis

3. ez

I believe that it's Rukia since she's the one that seems to be in deep thought.

4. SiSL

5. Marsala

It's Ichigo. The original Japanese supposedly matches the way that Ichigo talks, or so I've heard.

This is a lot more ominous now than it was then, especially with the focus on Orihime and her own sad focus on Ichigo and Rukia.

6. TheRealMcCoy

I think it's Orihime. Not only from the frames focusing on her looking sorta introspective and it seems like the first page has her looking over at Ichigo and then Rukia, but because she's the only one who's used this "voice" in the manga. No one else really speaks as if they're narrating the story like it's a thing of the past except Orihime and it's only happened twice that I can remember, once if you don't count chapter 33. She does the same thing when she first uses her powers for the first time in Chapter 41. Oh crap, I'll just go find it on Bleach Exile.

Link removed

Edited: Plus the narration starts in the frame write under a big panel of her thinking sadly.

7. Kri

8. ~Mystic Serenade~

Flag:
    South Korea
    The way the panels show Orihime looking at Ichigo, then Rukia, and then goes to a picture of Orihime makes me think it's Orihime

9. spaZ

10. Peachilicious

I just checked the raw and it's Ichigo, no doubt about it. The speech pattern is the same. :)

11. Sasori

The pics took too long to load so I'll just go with Ichigo.

12. TheRealMcCoy

Now I'm really confused. Oh well. Point is their destinies changed and so forth.

If it's Ichigo why does Orihime look so sad...

13. Lainchan

I think it was confirmed a long time ago that it was Ichigo because of the masculine speech patterns in the original Japanese.

Though from the pictures it does look like Orihime ^^;

14. Marsala

Because she's looking at Ichigo and Rukia. The love triangle between them has been building since chapter 3, when Rukia and Orihime had their first rather awkward meeting which was followed by Ichigo and Rukia's first instance of unresolved sexual tension ("What, does my private life interest you? "Hell no!" "Then don't ask.")

15. FrostXian

Thought bubbles in the first panel are obviously Ichigo's since it would be strange for him to call Rukia with only the first name, and he does.
    Anyway;
    The others, those with white text on black surface are Orihime's.
    I mean, this is rather obvious, I am sure Kubo thought "My readers are smart enough to figure this out, oh wait, this is obvious, they don't even need to be smart."
    Oh he was wrong.
    Very very wrong.

16. Ereya

Or he didn't think that people wouldn't read it in Japanese. And since the speech pattern is Ichigo's in Japanese, he didn't need to clarify because every Japanese would assume it's Ichigo.

Shortly: why would you assume that Orihime thinks like a boy?

17. TheRealMcCoy

But Orihime didn't have issues with jealousy at this point in time, but it could have been Kubo's way of foreshadowing. And to avoid the risk of turning this into a pairing debate thread, I'll say good enough and walk the other way. :nod

18. Chai Tea

:omg :omg you are so smart Marsala-kun :omg :omg to notice such a small detail.

I agree with your expert analysis. :love :love

IchiRuki forever :kloff :kloff

19. Kikyo

Actually I think the narration is by Ichigo, but focusing on his thoughts of Orihime's changed destiny (not the love triangle) in particular but all of them in general. Ichigo likes his changed destiny, Rukia is saved because of it. Chad... well... is Chad, who knows what he thinks? But he doesn't seem upset about anything but not being able to have Ichigo's back. But Orihime has, so far, the worst change in her destiny. Both in terms of what happens to her as well her own reactions to what's happening around them. If that's so, Kubo had this story planned far, far in advance (which I think he did anyway because he had people in winter clothes in the extra chapter ending sketches waaay early). In any case, Bleach is really Ichigo's story after all, so while POV occasionally changes, it should mostly be from his POV.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  20. Saya

21. Slice

At first i thought it was Orihime thinking about Rukia and Ichigo but after a closer look it also would make sense if it were Ichi's thoughts.

Maybe thats just it - the comment fits them all (Ichigo, Rukia and Orihime) and since theyre all featured on that page maybe it is some sort of thought they share.

22. Tempest

Those were everyone`s thoughts... Like how anime/manga always have other chars finish eachothers thoughts n shit.

23. Ibox

24. ~L~

Maybe I should have added a poll. But anyways, seeing as someone said the raw matches ichigo's speech pattern, I'm more inclined to think its ichigo. Also, it makes sense if you think of bleach as ichigo's story and he's telling it from his POV.

Interesting. As the narration started on orihime's panel, it could be kubo's way to show an ominous foreshadowing on orihime destiny as well as focus on her developing feelings for ichigo to the readers.

I only meant the white text inside the black panels. Well, seeing that there are more people than I thought who have different opinions with regards to this matter, it's not that obvious after all. :amuse
    :huh