1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Can this possibly be the biggest WTF moment ever?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Purgatory, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Purgatory Banned

Going by the last few pages, it seems Orochimaru instead of taking over Sasuke's body, took over Kabuto's. Is that even comprehensible? We've seen Orochimaru actually near death, Sasuke confronted Oro in his weak state, Orochimaru tried to take over Sasuke's body, and got mindfucked by Sharingan. And when Sasuke went out of the room, we saw Kabuto looking like he shit himself with that horrified look.

I just don't see how this is possible. Was Oro actually forced to take over Kabuto's body and had him use some sort of jutsu almost like the 30% clones thanks to AL? I hope I'm not the only one who's dumbfounded by this.

Tags:
  2. CrystalCypher Custom User Title

From the scanlation, it seems that Kabuto just got the body parts and did some surgery. Kabuto was talking about surpassing Orochimaru and becoming his own. Kabuto is just crazy. I think Naruto/Yamato/Hinata will kill him and put him out of his misery.

3. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

let's hope so. Kabuto isn't menacing he's just pitiful.

4. VonDoom Curse you, Richards!

Are you kidding me? Any character that's going to play cut and paste with their own face should definitely have more recurring roles! Right now we've just got a group of people collecting demons (mostly off-screen) so they can run a better business than the other ninja villages. With Orochimaru gone, where was that "He's friggin' crazy!!" factor?

The manga needs a curveball, lunatic villain and Kabuto fits that bill oh-so nicely now.

5. deuceswld84 The Wild Card Ninja

"Oh Snap! Didn't see that coming." Those were my exact thoughts when I seen the last page.

Woot!! I can't wait to see what happens. Although I can't see Kabuto getting slain in the next chapter. His role in the story just grew 100 times over.

6. geminis Active Member

7. tommy198 Shizzle ma nizzle

Biggest wtf moment since Sasuke going CS back in the forest of death.

8. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

9. Denizen Water Bear

Kabuto has gone along the lines of Haku and Kimimaro, it seems.

Geez, these characters pop up everywhere.

10. Nikitaa destruir para crear

I was also a bit surprised by this.. and Kabutos shocked expression when Sasuke showed him their fight... maybe it was just fake. I hope Kishimoto explains this further to us.. and I'm sure with Kabutos/Orochimarus knowledge about jutsus, Oro fled the last second he died to Kabuto. Or - I think Orochimaru and Kabuto were at least a bit prepared for this.. they can't be that dumb not to see that Sasuke would eventually kill Orochimaru.

11. Instant Karma Professional Lurker ಠ_ರೃ

You know, i'm honestly nearly past the point of caring.

Whether or not it was possible, this chap was damn near awesomeness, and i totally wasn't expecting it. Just how i like my manga.

12. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

SO i guess Orochimaru used a replacements technique to escape into Kabuto's body.

Oh well It doesn't matter to me as long as orochimaru is not in sasuke's body then i don't really care that much.

13. Syntaxis Everything I say is true

Beyond prediction, I was.. well, yeah: "WTF" best describes my feelings at the time..

It's like.. next chapter, Naruto using high level genjutsu or something crazy like that. Or.. Naruto opening the book and finding out that the Akatsuki Leader is no other than Jiraiya :amuse

I'm happy about it, though. This is beyond prediction. It keeps things interesting :)

14. Lusankya In love with Alpha Hatsuseno

From wat gathered, Kabuto seems to be in control, instead of the other way around. This isnt just a typical orochimaru take-over.

15. Lusankya In love with Alpha Hatsuseno

From wat i gathered, Kabuto seems to be in control, instead of the other way around. This isnt just a typical orochimaru take-over.

16. ssaxamaphone One Piece > Naruto + Bleach

Oro did not take over Kabuto. Kabuto integrated Oro into him, probably by studying oros snake corpse. anyways...

IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING (Kabuto becoming a factor again after all the hyping up of kabut in part 1) THEN YOU SIR, ARE AN IDIOT

17. Purgatory Banned

What I don't understand is if that's actually Orochimaru in Kabuto's body, or it's something else. What confuses the fuck out of me is that Sasuke moreso killed Orochimaru, but it seems like either Orochimaru did some hocus pocus jutsu so he instead took over Kabuto and had a fake Oro get killed off by Sasuke, or Orochimaru really IS dead and Kabuto somehow got his DNA or whatever to somehow gain his power, because he wanted to surpass him.

18. Tyrannos Living a Life

It's all Kabuto.

Remember on the Tenshi bridge, his mission was to study Orochimaru's remains when he switched bodies. But Kabuto wasn't able to do so due to the protective Jutsu Orochimaru casted on it. But when Orochimaru moved into Sasuke's body, he didn't have a chance to do the Jutsu.

And Kabuto always been interested in Orochimaru's experiments, and now we finally know what was the fruit of it. While the Original Orochimaru is gone (weither or not that is 100% or not is still in debate), the body was left behind. So Kabuto integrated the body, while Orochimaru's soul is in Sasuke.

The real question should be is if Kabuto really integrated Orochimaru's body, his body was altered like Orochimaru's due to Jutsus, or it was Kabuto's Medic skills at work (plastic surgery).

19. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

Kabuto is the only friken decent story thread besides AL...everything else has that ------ Sasuke in it. If they killed him then all we would have would be about Sasuke's stupid revenge.

20. barrendesert does it for the lulz.

I was at a loss of words, I'll admit. I still don't understand this "integration" thing, so I hope it's explained sometime soon.

The biggest WTF moment will be next chapter, when Naruto opens the book, looks at it, and realizes he can't read.

21. Dr.Majestic <font color="#E45E9D"><b>Disco Boy</b></font>

this is indeed confusing, but maybe i can suggest some things, well its no secret that abilities an knowledge can be obtained from a dead body, as was the job of that guy haku to track em down an dispose of the body so those secrets didnt escape into the wrong hands , well, not only do i think kabuto did this but cuz he is also a surgeon of sorts im sure he took more than knowledge an abilities, im talking about actual body parts and or actual life essence, basically kabuto just salvaged all he could from oro an fused with it.
    remember what oro said to that container he had to settle with cuz sasuke wasnt ready? he told him his will an would remain inside his heart even tho his body would become oro's well maybe the same has happned to kabuto, so much of oro resides in kabuto , that a lot of his will abilities and knowledge are symbiotic with kabutos own, making neither kabuto or oro, but a brand new hybrid ninja, its like a fucked version of dbz fusion.

22. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Just because Kabuto has Orochimaru's eye does not mean that Orochimaru is actually there. I believe Kabuto just plucked out an eye from Orochimaru's corpse and placed it in his own eye socket.

23. Tyrannos Living a Life

To me, it has to be the effects of Orochimaru's Jutsu (that changed him into a snake), which changed Kabuto's body. (Which was Kabuto's goal).

But it just doesn't seem right that he would tranfer parts of Orochimaru into his own.

24. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

there is an idea that kabuto surgically imlpanted some of orochi's tissues/cells into himself, and that this gives kabuto orochimaru's power or smoething, i dont know myself but i really dont think orochimaru took over kabuto