1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

[Complaint] Can we get New Mods in the NBD?

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by Gifted, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Gifted 神はここで終わります

I made this post in the Naruto BattleDome Section a few hours ago but with no response from any of the 4 moderators that were tagged in it I was told by Avalon to make it here so they're forced to respond.

Now the NBD is my home section and I'm not the only person that notices we have a moderator problem whether it be ignoring suggestions and criticism from the users as seen said here
    or by being completely and therefore not being there to deal with most of the flaming in the section. They hardly enforce the rules and are rarely hereto deal with shit. Last time there was a huge flaming incidident we had a Super Mod from another section handle it.

Another thing is The Moderators are doing nothing to actually make our section enjoyable...other sections like the Dragon Ball once has contest to bring entertainment to the users and bring up acivty level but here we are in the NBD With nothing.

The monthly Motm threads stopped being made with no explanation and when asked about it we got no answer AGAIN.

Atleast address our suggestions and what not and try to add things to provide inceetive for the users
    And im far from the only person to notice the problems with out mods.

Tags:
  2. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    Aside from whining about MOTM that literally EVERYONE bitched about having little to no substance anymore, there's nothing wrong with the NBD mods.

They kept MOTM going, and everyone questioned why they bothered with it, they get rid of it, and the OP bitches about it...

@Blu-ray and @FlamingRain cant win i guess :catshrug

They are cracking down more on posters now, paying more attention to whn the rules are broken as well.

At best, you could maybe add in one more Mod to make sure shit doesnt slip between the cracks, but aside from that the NBD is fine. One of the better behaved sections on the forum tbh...And i hit basically all of em up and am a NBD and DB and BNHA regular.

As for popularity...You yourself can make suggestions. And yeah maybe the mods could try a bit more on that front, but for the most part youve gotta accept that its just a dwindling hobby my man :catshrug

Naruto has been over for awhile now, hard to get people interested.

3. FlamingRain Living Legend Moderator

As someone said in the other thread we don't notice every instance of flaming. It's not that they're being left alone just because. It also doesn't seem to me like the NBD has continued to grow even more toxic than it had been, like, a few weeks ago when I did think it had been growing more uncivil.

MoTM hasn't been officially done away with or anything, only overlooked last month, hence no explanation. Don't know who you asked about it.

Attempting to boost activity is up to everyone in the section. If that's what you wish for you should bring ideas up with other regulars and once you come up with something it seems people are interested in you can tell us about it. Preferably something other than a tournament since those don't seem to last.

4. LostSelf Forest Sage

Being honest, I felt bad seeing people calling out FlamingRain like that and still am. I don't think FlamingRain or Blu-Ray are not doing their job. In fact, I can't even see FlamingRain failing at it. I know them, especially FlamingRain and I know he's the type of person who's responsible in what he does. It is the vibe he gives me, enough to put the hand in the fire for him. And Blu-Ray has been good for what I've seen, too.

That said, if another mod is needed, so be it. Not because they are not doing their jobs. I know they are, but because they, and all of us, can always get more help. And if it makes it easier for them and us, the better.

So, bring it on if Flammey and Blu-Ray need or could use some help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Tri

Australia
    While there has been questionable enforcement of the rules at times mostly agree with this. As others have stated the mods can't notice every instance of someone breaking the rules because of how active our section is (it's one of the most active sections iirc) so they're mostly only going to be able to deal with posts that are reported while the posts that are not reported are most likely going to missed or seen later. I think another mod or two who's active and involved in the section would help fill in the gaps that the activity in our sections creates.

@Shark
    @The Death & The Strawberry
    @The_Conqueror
    @JuicyG
    @Orochimaruwantsyourbody
    @BlackHeartedImp
    @Munboy Dracule O'Brian
    @AJBeckyBlissRollins

I didn't read all of the thread in the NBD but do ya'll think we need another mod?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  6. Avalon

7. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

An ideal moderator is someone completely unbiased to a fault who should micro manage every single thing that goes on in the NBD but no one on any site is willing to put that amount of effort in at the end of the day.

8. Gifted 神はここで終わります

I am

9. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    So the not so subtle goal behind your complaint thread is now revealed :ohlord

Home boy just wants to throw his hat in the ring for Mod status :facepalm

10. Gifted 神はここで終わります

No i don't :tiredpepe

11. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

If that is your desire then no argument here.
    :meh

12. Bonly Fire Fist

Egypt

People get that vibe because of the lack of their presence. The mods should check over the section right? And yet we'll see that stuff can go uncheck for days or weeks and nothing really happens. For example look at the way Troy post when he just flies off the handle. If he did that once in a while then you could make a case for the mods but Troy posts everyday or close to every day and he has been for months. So how is it that he went unchecked for so long by either of the two? Why does he need to get reported for them to finally do something? Again if this was a once in a while thing then I could understand but on an almost daily basis? And their job is to watch over the NBD and he's gone unchecked unless reported? That kinda gives off the vibe that they don't do their job or at least often. Or it's like with the MoTM thing. The mods are suppose to check over the noms before doing the short list and instead one of the mods(either Blu or Platypus) just said they count up who has the most noms regardless of how the people posts unless it's super obvious like with Troy which is funny how they noticed for that but not enough to check him lol. Which again it leaves the vibe that they don't do their job since they don't put in the effort. That's why people where calling out the both of them or at least imo that's why, simply just not enough of their presence is felt in what they do besides make the MoTM thread which they haven't done for two months now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. The Death & The Strawberry No Fear

Yea doesn't even seem like these guys are here half the time

14. Shark Ikimasu yo

Reading these posts makes me think that maybe a third moderator could help the current ones manage things easier in their absence. We all have real life issues and can't always tend to the forums, but we can always get help!

With that said, I'd like to start by making a suggestion! And my nomination goes to @LostSelf.

I know him better from the DB section, but just like there, whenever I see him post in the NBD he always goes for the middle ground and avoids biased answers. This is something that not a lot of people can or are willing to do!
    Not only that, but he's a top debater as well and always formulates his arguments around concrete proof.

Another thing worth noting is that I've never seen him engage in petty fan wars or conflicts of any kind. He's a friendly user who knows how to behave like an adult and I believe this is very important when it comes to handling a staff position and engaging other users in a tactful way.

16. BlackHeartedImp Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not opposed to a new mod. I don't mind some new blood.

17. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Things would be fine if the consequences for breaking rules were more harsh as it used to be. For example, when Troy or Hussain fly off the handle either through flaming, obvious bating and rating spam- they should have harsher ban/seal requirements. I say this because once their "ban" is up, they go right back at it.

This goes to @FlamingRain's idea of things becoming more uncivil. If the members can see certain posters carrying on a certain conduct with no mod retribution, then they're more likely to engage with ratings spam, bait etc. The logic being "if these guys won't be punished, I won't be either".

The Android example is telling, where the guy was outright flaming people for says and none of the BD section mods were aware, or did anything, about it and another section mod had to deal with it. In @Gifted's original thread, someone pointed out despite this behavour, Android was popular... well that's partly due to the fact that he could flame unchecked.

While I understand you won't know everything that goes on in the BD unless you report it, it comes across as you'll only look at the reported posts without checking the threads. I'm not sure if it is either the section mods are not active or if they are they are they don't frequent the section they moderate. I'm tempted to say both as if they were active in the BD, they'd come across very obvious posts which which violate the rules.

Though I'm not 100% sure about that. This is because, as much as I don't want to call him out, FlamingRain posts in some of these threads and you'd think he's a normal poster. The reason is that the thread he's posting in would considerable bait/flames within it that you'd wonder if he's ignoring it on purpose or feels he doesn't need to do anything unless someone reports it.
    While I get that it isn't practical to do this with every thread, it should ring alarm bells when members with a history (e.g. Troy, Hussain, Android etc) of baiting, flaming, trolling create a thread around a topic they're notorious for doing those things, you'd think it'd be common sense to have a glance at how the thread is going.

If the board is going to bring in an additional mod, or some new mods, then they might as well be members who are fairly active and who would actually frequent the section they are moderating.

18. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    I guess a third one would be a good choice. 3 shifts basically = full day support.

19. Suigetsu Fantastiche

You're one of the best NBD regulars and if we were to have a third mod, you would be my first choice.

20. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Administrator

I just got a new laptop, so I'm going to be getting back into the swing of active modding in the NBD. I started asking the regulars what they wanted from the moderators some time last week and wasn't able to follow it through because my laptop broke down shortly after.

21. Boo-ray Moderator

My tablet died a few days ago and only got fixed this evening, so I only got the address this now.

I was less strict than previous NBD mods initially, but this complaint comes after I've stopped being lax. Hordes of posts being deleted for being off topic, non contributive, or needing more reasoning, and more social type threads like your debater tier list being closed is partly the result of that.

Flaming is also one thing that was never and still isn't being tolerated. My past Saturday was pretty much used up in PM with a regular who was incorrigible.:catsupine

If you see flaming, report it and it'll be eventually dealt with. If you don't report it, odds are it'll likely fall through the cracks, and even if it isn't resolved immediately, don't assume it won't be.

I'm aware of the lack of events, but the fact is that we did have those and they failed. We had two debate tourneys that fizzled out back to back. The second was hosted on the condition that it did not fizzle out like the first. It did. That's not to say we won't hold any in the future. We just want to hold successful events, not waste time on more failures that winds up wasting the time and effort members put in.

In any case, Atlantic Storm is back and is actually competent, so any issues you have with the section's moderation will soon sort itself out.
    The members themselves complained that it was a waste of time and no longer took it seriously, to the point of more or less making a mockery with their nominations. I decided to put it on hiatus until I could come up with some more stringent criteria for nominations.

Didn't mean to let Serene Grace's tag go unanswered. I saw it, intended to reply at a later point, but forgot.:catshrug

Platypus isn't from another section anymore than I am. He oversees the Naruto avenue for the most part and we both became temporary NBD mods at the same time. I stayed on permanently while he moved on to other duties.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • List
  22. Silnaem Nothing for Wisdom

Why not dilute the.MotM.into mini awards like Thread ot Month/Week, Post . . . Idea . . . Argument etc . . of the Month/Week

If we do it weekly, we could even have the points tallied at the end of the month and:
    - have everyone vote among a top 3/5/however-many OR
    - automatically give out the award based on points tally

The only thing we'd need decide on is the points each mini-award would be worth

23. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

we don't need new mods. The ones we got are fine, especially Blu-ray, the section has had the same consistent posters for years now. we're use to their antics and most simply shrug them off if they aren't, the NBD is fine

24. Boo-ray Moderator

Thread of the month used to be a thing in Konoha Library actually. Not sure if it was in the NBD as well though, and it doesn't seem like something that'd match the NBD, seeing as most threads are just matchups.

Assuming we were to to have it, weekly would be to frequent. We don't even get that many good and distinctive threads in a month let alone every week.

I'd much rather use the MotM formula where members nominate what they believe to be excellent threads.