1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Captain America + Batman + Wolverine vs 500,000 Oompa Loompas

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by CrazyMoronX, Oct 24, 2006.

1. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Title.

The Oompa Loompas are armed with brass knuckles, chains, and combat knives.

Who wins this epic battle?

Victory conditions:

All Oompas dead
    All heroes dead, KO'd, or incapacitated for a time

Tags:
  2. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Well, half a million is a lot of fucking Oompa Loompas.

They'd have to find a way to either take out multiple at once or to space out the fighting.

3. Xell ヽ(#`Д?)ノ

Oompa Loompas can't even fight X_X

And Wolverine can heal so... If he gets wounded then he'll just heal.. Well with 500,000 attacking you it'd be pretty hard but still.

I don't really know much about american heroes, I'm more into manga.

4. Gunshin Chocoball Mukai!!111

This would all depend on how many days Captain America and Wolverine can go without sleeping. Batman is done for.

5. Fenix Pie Vendor

Half a million!?

Mmm

Well, assuming Batman doesnt have prep time.

This is definitely up to Wolvie and Cpt. America

6. Goodfellow .

All hail the migghty Oompa Loompas. Sieg Heil Fuhrer Loompa!!

(If anyone doesn't like me ascosiating Oompa Looppas with nazigerman, then keep it for yourself, k? Just assume I'm a bad person or something...)

7. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

If they each kill one per second every second and don't sleep, it will take them almost 2 whole days (46 hours)

That's an extremely idealistic rate too.

In order to win, they need to have ways of taking out groups, or spacing out the fighting.

If they can hole themselves up and let one or two rest while the others fight, then trade off, they can win.

If they just go straight brawl approach, it seems kinda hard.

8. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

If batman has prep time then he can take all of them out easily but if no then batman loses and then cap has to use his shield to block and wolverine has to do some killing

9. Gooba Join us

Wolverine has gone against Omega Red for 18 hours straight, and he is a hell of a lot more draining to fight than this meat grinder. I think the best idea would be for Wolverine to do a large amount of the fighting, while Batman retreats to try and put something together to blow a hell of a lot of them up, or some sort of poison gas to release on the battlefield.

10. martryn Dick in hand

How big is the battlefield? Is it just some vast arena, or are we talking about something a little more freeroaming? I think that will determine it.

11. lucky Wants the Custom Title.

wolverine can just tear into them... batman can blow them up or poison them wiht his rediculous arsenal, and capt can just play 'cut the head off wiht the frisbee' with his shield all day.

But i actually think they'll tire out long before the oompas run out. I mean 500,000... shit that's bigger than some armies.

12. Gunshin Chocoball Mukai!!111

Now that I think about it... after a day of fighting standing on a mountain of dead oompa lumpas, wouldn't Batman and Captain America vulnerable to certain diseases? How would the stench effect them?

13. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

Oompa Loompas might pull off a win.

14. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

-Batman? yes, he can get tired
    -Wolverine? no, almost infinite stamina and healing factor
    -Cap? no, he never tires.
    -Cap is inmune to diseases. He never get sick. Just like Wolverine.

I bet on the heroes, with Batman as a possible issue

15. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

Cap never tires out?
    I thought he was only peak human?

16. lucky Wants the Custom Title.

i do'nt htink capt is immune... his body just processes toxins and wastes better. More tolerant to diseases, more stamina, sure... but i do'nt know about being immune.

17. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue. He's not just a peak human, show me another human able to hold his breath for 10 minutes.

He' inmune to common diseases. You'll never see him catching a cold or something.

18. Cy ...eramthgin ym ot emocleW

Even if Batman doesn't have prep time, Wolverine and the Captain can make prep time for him by holding off the Oompa Loompas.

And for the record, are these the cartoon ones, the ones from the new movie, or the ones from the old movie? Yes, it matters.

Also, Batman+Wolverine=Dark Claw. Dark Claw just has to look at the Oompa Loompas and he wins.

19. Green Lantern The Fireball Kid

Half a million :omg

Consider that number for a second.

3 dudes- superheroes, but still human nonetheless versus HALF A FRICKING MILLION oompa loompas...

Half a million- realistically speaking they would be fighting for weeks without sleep, food or water (dunno about food or water, just guessing :p)

Half a million- thats like asking those 3 to take down Nazi Germany- solo.

Seriously- half million oompa loompas ftw

20. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

I did. Read my post.
    I think people think too much "What can he build?" whenever prep-time is mentioned.

There are alot easy more effective things he could use. Like terrian which would favor them (like alleys, they force one-on-ones when they need to cool down) or lurking them into traps (blow up a gas station?) or enviromental hazards (cliffs, falling rocks?)

21. Gooba Join us

I would believe Wolverine could fight for a week without stopping, if he had good enough motivation and was berserking. However, I think he could also do better than 1 per second, so it wouldn't take that long.

22. earthshine Banned

Oompas.

not because they can actuall kill any of them, just because the sheer MASS of the groups will be able to bog down the heroes to the point they can't even move, meaning they lose.

other than that, heroes win. cap and wolverine can fights for a LOOONG time, and bats has explosives. if the oompas came in sets of like 100 or so, they would take it easy, but 500,000 at ounce is too much. it would be like a wall of flesh.

23. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

He could do better than one per second in short bursts. I can easily imagine him cleave from one to another. But that's not going to happen constantly.

In other words, I'm sure there will be less than a second between some killings, but not as a constant rate. Imagine encircling him with all 1/2 million Oompa Lompas. After he kills the first few close to him, the perimeter gets wider. Then it becomes a running game to get to them all - assuming that they stand still.

But if they all rush him, the circle around him gets smaller radius as they converge. It just strikes me as near impossible to get the idealistic set-up so that he can kill more than one a second.

Mind you, I think they could still win, but 1/2 a million is a ridiculous number.

24. Roy I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

if Batman has prep time they win easily.. withought prep time it'll be really tough.. but I dont see the oompa loompas winning at all..

25. Green Lantern The Fireball Kid

Lets just make some assumptions here:

Assuming that each Oompa loompa weighs around 35 kilos.

Half a million x 35 kilos =17,500,000 kilos or 17 thousand 500 tonnes.

Of course, depending on terrain etc the fight could swing either way, but imagine 17 thousand tonnes of Oompa loompa's charging towards you.

3 people are not going to be able to directly stop 17 thousand tonnes of oompa loompas irregardless of how powerful their jobber auras are- if they all decided to just jump on top of the 3, even a couple of thousand piling on top of them would be enough to stop the 3, let alone HALF A FRICKING MILLION BODIES.

Stop over estimating Wolverine and Captain America- you would need at least Ironman level capabilities to take on half a million people- without area of effect abilities capable of killing thousands at once, half a million is too many.

(Batman's grenades not withstanding)

26. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Well Capt could probably pull a shield feat that takes out a few thousand with a throw that bounces around 17 times before landing in his hand

At that point Wolverine will jip 'How long you been practising that?'

Really I can't see them winning. This is like the 'Orochimaru VS 2 million Dosu' thread from a while back in the Naruto BDome

27. Gooba Join us

They can't just all jump on top of them at once, logistically it just doesn't work. Also, they might be 17 tons of body charging at them, but they aren't going to try and do a pushing contest. All those stats don't matter at all to a battle like this. Wolverine successfully fought 50 thousand ninjas, and they didn't just completely crush him under their weight or anything like that. He just ran through them, cutting and killing.

Rez, I think you underestimate how long 1 second really is. He can keep running, staying in the group of them getting way more kills than 1 per second. He can probably run at 10 meters per second, giving him 30 feet to find at least one body if he runs out of people near him. However, it is more likely he will be able to just run around at lets say half that, cutting everyone immediately on each side of him. If oompas take up, lets say, 2 feet, that is 15ish per second for him alone. 15 per second, for 500,000 oompas is 33,333 seconds to kill them all, or 555 minutes, which is 9.25 hours. Wolverine has been shown to be able to go all out, against one of his greatest enemies, who has the ability to specifically drain your life force (insanely tiring), for 18 hours before being beaten. Even if you think my estimation is high, and he could only kill at half my rate, that is still enough time even if Batman can't gas/explode an area.

28. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Location is key in this battle.

29. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

That's way too many....

30. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

50,000 ninjas? He easly takes this then, since he has 2 teammates and any ninja is better trained than these oompa lompas.
    No, I actually used a stopwatch while imagining it. I didn't make the assumption that a second is an instant.

I was considering wheter he could continue to get a killing rate of 1 per second.
    Um.... Let's be clear that I was debating how easy it would be, not wheter or not they could do it.

How long did the 50,000 ninjas fight take? That gives us a better minimum killing rate (since I'd assume ninjas could defend themselves better than oompas)

I think 15/sec sounds a bit high, since it's an idealistic number - sort of like the way radishbak assumed you could add the weight XD