1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lewd, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen
    Studio: Madhouse

Synopsis from MAL
    The January issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine revealed on December 1 that CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen sequel manga is getting a television anime series adaptation in January 2018.

Fourteen-year-old Sakura starts junior high school along her friends, including Syaoran, who had just returned to Tomoeda. After having a dream with a mysterious cloaked figure, all of Sakura's cards turn blank and are rendered powerless, thus she starts her quest to find out what is wrong. In doing so, Sakura and her allies discover and capture new transparent cards using a new key.

PV2

PV1

Number of episodes: 22

Starts airing: 7th January

Source: Manga

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Magic, Romance, Fantasy, Shoujo

Main Cast
    Daidouji, Tomoyo voiced by Iwao, Junko
    Keroberos voiced by Hisakawa, Aya
    Kinomoto, Sakura voiced by Tange, Sakura
    Li, Shaoran voiced by Kumai, Motoko

Staff
    Director: Asaka, Morio
    Script: Ohkawa, Nanase
    Character Design: Hamada, Kunihiko
    Art Director: Shimizu, Tomoyuki

Tags:
  2. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Its been forever since I watched the original, was gonna rewatch it, but :catnoworries

3. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    The original was always one of those animes that I said I'll watch at some point. Just never got round to it. :raisigh

4. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

I have only watched the original anime. Will I be able to watch this one because I know it is based on the manga.

5. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I saw the original in the dubbed version called Cardcaptors for a while on WB11.

While I loath shoujo I made a point to watch the anime recently or at least speed my way through it and will say that if nothing else I do like Sakura and I want to comment on how fantastic the production of the show itself was despite its issues. I did always like the overall concept but the show really needed a villain.

6. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

7. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

8. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

Then i should have watch the original again i guess :hm

9. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

The animation was just great and most importantly, consistent. Hell, they even did all the sequences where she uses her cards with all the different costumes and you know how shows of that kind love to use stock footage.
    Tbh, don't know if a villain was really needed. I wouldn't mind if one existed really but don't think it was that kind of show.

10. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

My 7 year old self was crying watching this :catcry Everything was so beautiful.. The way it looked reminded me of how pretty Kobato and Ore Monogatari looked.

I love the little nods in the new opening to the old ones. Listening to the same BGMs from the old series def brings back the nostalgia.

I think my only really complaint is how much younger Touya and Yukito look now cause their faces and shoulders are smaller, though I guess it's cause of how the manga looks and cause long faces and broad shoulders were very 90s? Lol.

11. Kuzehiko

I loved the first episode so much, animation wise was excellent. Listening to the characters' voices is kind of made me go back into my childhood to when I watched it back then. Definitely gonna watch it all.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  12. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

It feels like a bit too much of a retread so far and everyone in the show is just kind of rolling with it, but despite the art change it has the same feel which is in this show's favor I'd say. After seeing Cardcaptors as a kid

I hadn't touched this show in a while, but I just sped through it last week. It has a lot of issues but it had some things going for it too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Kuzehiko

Btw this animated sequel follows the animated version of Sakura Card Captor and a not the original manga as it was supposed. It means Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2 is still canon. :caticon

14. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Hmm.. then what was the point of the prologue OVA?

15. Kuzehiko

To boost the anime's popularity yet it is clear it's a sequel to the original animated series. When Sakura reminds the parting scene with Syaoran, she's at the airport just like in the original animated series and not like in the manga where Syaoran parted from a train station. Even the teddy bear Syaoran gave to Sakura in the anime is still the same and not the one from the manga.

16. Dayscanor The One

Ah so many memories with CCS.Sakura was my favorite magical girl show from my childhood.

I'm just happy this got a new adaptation, I haven't completely watched the original anime but I feel this captures the spirit of it, it has a pretty similar atmosphere and music too.

17. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Yeah that's what made me confused when I saw he first episode. They def went with how the first series ended, but then the prologue was different lol. I guess it was to just bring the hype back

18. Kuzehiko

I don't know if it was mentioned or not whether the prologue was part of the anime or manga continuity.
    Anyway I prefer to believe it's part of the anime, because it means the 2nd movie is still canon to the anime continuity.
    Also, Sakura met back with Syaoran after school ended while in the manga she meets him back before school starts. :hm

19. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Looks like the prologue followed the manga end. Just looked lol.
    Well regardless, the OVA isn't really necessary to watch the new series anyway

20. Kuzehiko

Although they kind of tricked us cause we thought the new series would follow the manga end. Seems like they used the prologue to gain popularity for the new series. Anyway it's as you say, it's not necessary to watch for the new series.

21. Dark Wanderer Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of the original series growing up. I intend to rewatch it, but I'm a bit preoccupied with other things so I probably won't be able to anytime soon. I might just go ahead and start Clear Card anyway.

22. Kuzehiko

I don't think you'll miss anything if you don't re-watch the original series tbh.

23. Dark Wanderer Well-Known Member

Thanks, good to know. I pretty much remember how it ended anyway

24. Kuzehiko

As long as you remember what was it about and the characters you'll be fine watching this new series. You don't realy need to remind every single episode and stuff as it's pretty much the same plot.

25. Kuzehiko

Pretty good tbh. I like the fact Sakura can handle on her own to catch the new cards and she doesn't need help of any of her allies. She's really grown up alot. The show is focusing alot more into characters than the cards themselves, I like it. There're the old and classic comic relief scenes and they're quite enoyable.

26. Bontakun ♪ Rin-chan now! ♫ Moderator

Wondering why Yue and (Keroberos I assume) can still transform without their respective cards.

27. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Maybe cause they rely on Sakura's power now since she's their master? I honestly don't remember how their powers work tbh lol.

28. Bontakun ♪ Rin-chan now! ♫ Moderator

You're probably right. Basically Kero was able to transform after the fire and earth cards were collected. But wikis state that the cards (fully half the Clow cards, Yue the other half) draw power from him, not the other way around. And one of them said he is powered by the sun. So once he's unlocked he either powers himself or he's powered by Sakura.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  29. Bontakun ♪ Rin-chan now! ♫ Moderator

Not to mention she's grown even more fucking athletic. Pretty soon she'll be able to take on clear cards with just physical might alone :lmao

30. Avalon The Dark Lord

Fun fact, my username Avalon comes from Sakura Avalon. :blobpeek

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List