1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lewd, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

I'm honestly not sure if CLAMP pulls red herrings in their stories. Idt I followed enough of their series to know lol. Yuna is might be behind everything and using Akiho.

I thought that too, but I thought it was weird the way he reacted when Sakura talked to him after catching the card. Like his second spell worked.. though it looked like he was reluctant to use it iirc.. I might have to rewatch it idk.

I do miss his tsun side lol. But yeah I do like seeing different reactions from him

2. Kuzehiko

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles cough cough.

I agree on what I bolded. Yuna seems quite suspicious to me. Yuna seems to be related with Fay from Tsubasa. Maybe he comes from another world. :chino

Yeah, you're right yet I do not understand why did he react like despite his second spell did work? :catthinks
    That's how the new Syaoran is, I guess.

I miss it too. :catsad
    Those reluctant reactions are the closest to his tsun side after all. :catshrug

3. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

Episode 12: I called it:
    :pimp

(not that it was incredibly difficult detective work, considering how Akiho was literally the only possible person to suspect lol)

She's the CCS version of Ginny Weasley with Tom Riddle's diary I'm telling you.

Though that does seem a bit too obvious. I'm hoping there are more sinister forces at play. Perhaps he's the only English D. magician who is sympathetic with Sakura and came to look out for her?

Yuna D. Kaito

He's obviously a bearer of the Will of D from the One Piece universe :LOS

His first spell fizzled out because Kaito is sucking up all the moon magic in the area. I'm guessing the ball he tossed for the second spell was like a grenade, and he has limited numbers of them. His reluctance is worry that he won't be able to help Sakura in the future.

----------

Does Kero falling asleep early have any significance? He's not made of moon magic, so I don't know why he would. If anything Yue would have problems staying awake.

4. Kuzehiko

Pretty much what I thought a few weeks ago.
    He is worried because he might not be able to help Sakura when that ''time'' comes. Let's not forget he is hiding something and he kind of knows what will happen then it makes sense why would he react reluctant because he is not enough strong.

I don't think so.
    It was just settled that way for Sakura's dream. :oldshrug

5. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

Spoiler: 13
    THAT RABBIT IS ALIVE!! I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THE PARALLELS!

My detective skills have failed me :defeat

6. Kuzehiko

What rabbit are you talking about? :chino

7. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

It's not in the episode, but it's in the OP and ED. Akiho's white rabbit plushie. It's alive! It's a guardian beast like Kero. Probably.

8. Kuzehiko

Oh hell yeah I noticed that when I saw the ending. I legit thought the rabbit was a doll. :mjlol

Anyway it sure has something to do with Akiho's plotline. :franky

9. Kuzehiko

:obamabury :obamabury

Easily the best episode up until now. Syaoran's spotlight was just great. This is the same Syoran we saw in part 1. We can finally see him like a flawed guy~ If he hadn't been there Sakura and her friends would have been screwed. :mjpls:

Also loved the SakuraxSyaoran moment. It was so so sweet. Syaoran is just awesome. :kannablu

10. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

That SyaoSaku moment is what I live for. My childhood shipppp :cry

Now we know why he's almost always late for get togethers.. he's doing some training or whatever that was in the beginning.. unless I missed a hint somewhere or I just don't remember lol

11. Kuzehiko

Syaoran is struggling on his training in order to protect his dear Sakura. :gglife

12. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

It was among the show's better episodes. It also had a couple of funny lines too. So Sakura wants to become stronger now, huh? Better late than never. It was about tine to start showing more interest in this whole thing. Just wish the show would get into main plot already.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

Reminds me how he actually captured The Time card and used it to at help Sakura before. Too bad it got turned into a Sakura Card so it's probably clear now :catdefeat.

She didn't want to worry everyone, so she tried to lead as normal a life as possible. I can sympathize with that. I mean who wants to end up as a brooding creep like Eriol anyway?

But now they messed with her friends and they're gonna pay :datass
    Quiver in your boots, Order of the Clockwork! :mjlol

Did you read the manga, by the way? How much plot is there vs this slice of life stuff that's been happening so far?

14. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Other than wanting to get to the meat of the story already, my other issue is how easily she captured 90% of the cards so far. It was more challenging back then.. Like she had to bring he card to its original form before turning it into a card or locating the main source (though at least this was used a lot of the time). I'm just glad this one was a bit tougher this time and she's been getting more help from Syaoran. Not that I didn't mind her getting the cards herself, it's just that it seemed too easy lately so it's been pretty boring when she captures a card tbh lol

15. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

16. Kuzehiko

It was decent, I guess. I liked to see those compilations from the 2nd movie. It again proves The Sealed Card movie is canon to the anime which makes me happy. :hurr

I just can't stand Akiho. She is truly boring and an annoying happy-go-lucky. She isn't flawed, neither is she interesting. :noah

Loved Tomoyo in this episode. She is super sweet! :blu

17. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

YUNA FINALLY SHOWING HIS TRUE COLORS.. OR AT LEAST SOME OF IT :catroll I swear Akiho's book is like the create card or whatever the book card was.. I feel like Yuna is gonna be another Eriol lol. Idet there was anyone really truly evil in CCS that I recall..

Meiling continues to be the best. I'm gonna miss her now :catcry

18. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

16 is out already? cool :pimp
    I really don't like this new OP compared to the first one :catslam

19. Kuzehiko

Episode 16 was good. I will really miss Meiling! She is my second favorite girl after Tomoyo. :blobsad

I loved the moments between Sakura and Meiling. This episode was focused on their friendship growing stronger which was lovely.:blu

Funny thing was:
    >Sakura
    >learned some martial arts in a row

:mjlol

It was not enough when Sakura solo'd the other spirit cards by herself. :kobeha

That said, I enjoyed the fight so much. I loved to see Meiling fighting that spirit! That will easily be my top 3 most fav moments in this series so far. :sphinx

I don't know what Kaito is plotting but him erasing a part of Akiho's memories is not good. :scust

20. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

Yeah it seems as though he might not be evil. I mean he said he hoped Alice would continue to have adventures with her friends or whatever. Alice seems to be the codename for Sakura in this weird stalker operation that's going on.

I told you she'd capture a card purely through her athleticism :pimp

I didn't remember how awesome Meiling-chan was during the original. She's like my favorite character now because of how mature, perceptive, and direct she is :gar
    I will miss her. We're left with the overly polite and hesitant bunch again :defeat

---------

By the way, what's with Kero be such a lazy guardian beast? Yue would have soloed the Struggle and given Swing a run for its money. Actually shouldn't Yue be tailing Sakura, too? I mean she could use the help; she's not playing with a full deck of cards right now :tomato

21. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Well it has been hinted that there might be something going on with Kero. Like him sleeping more lately for example. In the original he regained his full powers after the four elemental cards were captured, so he might have been weakened now that the Clow Cards have gone blank. Also Sakura hasn't captured any fire-attribute cards, so that might have something to do with it as well.
    Tbh, I was never really that fond of Meiling in the original but I actually liked her here. She seemed calmer and more mature. And way more perceptive and smart than most of the cast really lol
    Anyway, it was an ok episode. It was nice seeing Sakura working together with Meiling to capture that card and that scene with Kaito made him seem even more suspicious. That said, yet another episode where we just got bits and pieces of what's going on. Honestly it is getting a bit tiring. Something big needs to happen soon. Unlike the original, this is not a 70 episodes long show.

22. Kuzehiko

That didn't count tho. Because Meiling-sama helped her to get it weakened. :LOS
    :mjlol

Yay another Meiling-sama fan?
    Come here and hug me, Bonta. :catfeels

I can't blame you for having forgotten it. I also forgot how great and entertaining her personality was. She's even more entertaining than Sakura tbh. :catshrug

Why do they fucking let Akiho stay while Meiling can't? :sadpanda

:scust
    I am disappinted on Kero. All he does is to eat and sleep. He is pretty much being used as a pet. On the other hand Yue has tried to help Sakura but Yukito is busy so he can't watch over her 24/7.

As I said he is busy and it makes sense but I'm sure he will have an important role towards the ending. :mikebatman

23. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

I just watched the Prologue: Sakura and the Two Bears.

It was beautiful :cry

Yeah it's possible. All this sleeping does feel like subtle hinting. Though I read that he is now powered directly by Sakura and the food he eats or something. These guardians are so confusing :catshrug

They should just make it 70 episodes long. I mean, it's not like the world lacks CCS fans :zaru

I just saw something interesting not sure if you already knew
    • (anime)
    • (anime)
    • (anime)
    • (anime)
    • (anime)
    These cards are all anime-only, so we were basically in a half-filler kind of situation for the past few episodes. What are they doing that for, I wonder :catthinks

Close enough :skysun:gun

:blobfist :catfeels

Don't worry. Tomoyo isn't as direct as Meiling, but she knows and sees all and will take care of Sakura :skysun

Meiling gotta go back to the all-powerful Li clan and train her martial arts and leadership skills which made her great in the first place :gar

Kero didn't even transform when he was lagging behind the Flight card :catpek

24. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

That I didn't know. I see. Hmm, that's interesting. Wasn't Meiling also an anime-only character IIRC?
    Man, the Guardians haven't really done anything so far in the anime. Kero is mostly sleeping and eating when not filming for Tomoyo (btw the way he is afraid of Tomoyo is so funny) and Yue is mostly shown sitting. They really need to step up their game.
    Don't know if I would like 70 episodes again but at least that would explain the pacing.

25. Kuzehiko

Tomoyo is the best at taking care of Sakura.
    No one else can surpass her, well maybe Syaoran someday.

No. :drake
    If she goes onto training that fodder clan she will not appear ever again. :rlynigga
    What if she establishes a martial arts academy in Japan? She would be close to Syaoran and Sakura that way. :aww

He's become a disgusting pet. :scust.
    Bring back the old Kero. :cat

26. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

Meiling being in this series gives me fucking life brehs

Although they are calling me with all the fucking sealed card callbacks just to withdraw them right when sealed card shows up. Like we fucking know what happend, they already know they love each other

27. Bontakun Too big, too thick, too heavy to be a leek. Moderator

Wasn't Sealed Card not manga canon? Clear Card ignored all the non-manga stuff.

I pretty much forgot it already anyway, except for remembering that it was really good :lmao

28. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

I liked that movie. Haven't watched the first one though.

29. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

I mean if the sealed card isnt canon, then this anime series isnt canon either because Meiling isnt even in the manga and the manga is different in a lot of spots. This anime adaption of clear card is a sequel to the original anime and the sealed card is the final part of the anime. The manga version of sealed card is a continuation of the manga version of the original series.

Kinda confusing but that's what i've noticed, having read both of them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  30. Kuzehiko

Kero still doing nothing while Sakura took the spotlight yet again. I think I'm starting to empathize with Akiho.
    It seems Kaito has been using her all along to accomplish his goal.. Poor her if so. Next episode will finally have some spotlight for Yue.