1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Kucheeky Badkuya, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Only a month, until one of the best games on the Nintendo DS and maybe the year comes out, a new GTA you say? No. Advent Children? Close. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow? Yes, my padawan. After watching tons of E3 clip's of this game and going through unimaginable pairs of underwear, I am official addicted to this game. This game will be coming out mid to late September, whic is too long. To add to all of the new features with the top screen and all there is another hidden one, that will make you have to get this game, if you don't want to be spoiled by it, please don't read it.

Spoiler:
    Recent magazine scans show some interesting stuff:
    ... and again

The last page shows the returning feature of additional playable bonus characters that is in most new Castlevania games. Now have they given us a real treat or what? In this game we will se the following bonus characters: The sexy Yoko. the coolest Belmont ever, Julius. And last but not least, Alucard. How can I ait a month?

This WILL be the best Castlevania game EVER. Buy a NDS and this game if you have ANY liking in Castlevania at all, or just platform gmaes, RPGs or even just some action as this will be the most ultimate game in the series so far, by the looks of it. How will I be able to wait for a whole goddamned month for this game to get released?

So, who else had or is wetting themself because of this game? :laugh I know I am. :tem

Tags:
  2. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

I am defintly getting this game for sure! its going to be freaking great. and i can expect more castlevanias on the DS as well wOOT!

3. Seany Banned

I cannot wait its gonna be soooo good, a must buy!

4. Shuzer Naruto Fan #7070

2D Castlevanias...gotta love them! Definitely getting this game on launch! :smile-big

5. SSJLance Kagekage

Yes, this is another reason why I'm happy that I decided to buy a DS. Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow were very cool games, this one looks to be great too.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  6. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I don't have a DS, and I'm not gonna buy one probably, unless a lot of good games come out on it... although I love the Castelvania series. SOTN made it pretty high on my top 25, and the gba games were excellent.

But anyway.. time will tell, they will emulate DS eventually anyway :wink

One question, why did you list Advent Children after saying best game of the year?

7. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

it will be hard to emulate the touch screen.

8. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Not really, if you think about it, you could use the mouse for the touch screen. They already have palm emulators out there that does just that.

9. chairhome New Member

I think the actual release date (US) is Oct 3rd, which is my birthday :-D.

10. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Its October 4th.

One week!

11. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Hey look, I revived a thread!

So... who's playing this game now? I just got the DS, and just got this game, I'm sure a lot of you have already beat it, and forgotten all about it.

12. Donkey Show Bukkage

I've done a couple boss rush runs which are stupid hard, and almost beat julius mode. ^^

13. Gunners .

Hmm, im stuck at some point on the game now, might go back and whoop that bosses ass if i put the effort in i will prevail.

14. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I keep getting killed by normal monsters, because I never bought any health potions. :nod

It kinda pisses me off too, I mean I go down, get a few really awesome souls, try to make it to a save point, die, then lose my souls. When I go back, I can't find the fucking souls again! :mad

15. Gunners .

Yeh i need some dam potions that would help me with the boss, still it fucks me off, i whooped the boss before, well not whooped we were both close to death, i kill the fucker and screw up on the seal :mad so i then died.

Fraggin annoying it is.

16. Manji Yoshimitsu Exorcist

Played, Loved and cleared :D.

Now for all the monsters :thumbs!

Perfect game!

17. Death Phoenix Wright

Very good game. One of the best games to get for the DS.

18. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I did that a couple of times. Beat the boss once, but botched the seal, and then got killed.

I actually managed to defeat that fish boss though, after initially botching the seal. But I was pissed when I missed the seal the first time.

I get pissed at this game rather easily.

19. djfalcon Kazekage

havent played the game in a few weeks, but i had beaten it and with 99.6%. i still cant find that .04%! playing julius mode now though, good timing for the topic i guess

20. Hylian Active Member

i love this game :amuse it was my first castlevania game
    it plays just like metroid..

21. CrazyMoronX Old Man

You should play Symphony of the Night.:nod

22. pajamas Banned

First game I got for my DS

I've played over 50 hours of it.

Beat the entire thing twice xP

Death pissed me off. Because I kept messing up the seal. (First time I fought him I botched the seal about 20 times before getting killed. The seal became etched into my screen (protector)).

Fucking awesome game though.

23. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

I personally, was SEVERLY dissapointed. I have played every Castlevania to date except I think maybe 1 or 2, JP only games at that. This game felt like Aria of Sorrow 1.5, the soul system is much better, but really, this feels more like a second part to Aria, and not a standalone title, like most CV games. The saving grace of the game was Julius Mode, which had a Belmont [Belmont's are to Castlevania as to what Mario is to Mario games], a Belnades, not playable since back in the 80's with Castlevania III, and Alucard, who was playable in CVIII and one of the greatest games ever made, Symphony of the Night. And the fact it played in the same vein as CVIII [one character onscreen, can switch with another]

I know for a fact that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin will effortlessly make Dawn look like shit. Dawn had one castle. Portrait has 5. You can use a whip and OTHER weapons. And other tings!

24. pajamas Banned

Though I disagree on the fact that the game was disappointing I completely agree that Portrait of Ruin will blow it outta the fucking water.

25. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Well, that is where we part my friend, I was dissapointed and ye were not. Dawn seemed more like a excuse to continue IGA's Castlevania handhels fiesta. And for a CV to be on the DS >_>

Gergoth was possibly the hardest handheld Castlevania boss I have ever faced. Harder than Circle of the Moon's final Dracula.

26. pajamas Banned

Gergoth... hard????

What the hell?!?!?!

I only died twice when I fought him the first time. He was pretty easy I thought....

27. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Many people hated fighting him. I useally don't stop to level up, so thats maybe why he was difficult. When it gets stone breath on Soma, that's what pretty much mails you a death plan. It saps HP, unlike most stone-status effects.