1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin info and that shites

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Goofy Titan, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Goofy Titan

I've decided to make on thread to rule them all..MWUAHAHA. The past week has been pretty huge for CV, so I will esplain more.

- Someone leaked the ENTIRE CV soundtrack. Konami removed it.
    - Someone has a near complete list of all the locations/abilites/bosses. Koanki removed that too.
    - Someone got a list of the hidden characters. Richter and Maria from Symphony of the Night are one team [WTF are they doing in this fucking game? This game is set almost 200 YEARS after their game], and Stella and Loretta are another team [The vampire duo who get introduced in the game].

Video of Stella/Loretta mode:
    this

So far known boss list:
    - Medusa
    - Frankenstein
    - Death
    - Gergoth
    - 1940's Train
    - Probably Dracula or Brauner

And well,to save my loss of memory over this HECTIC week, I will only post important info. I'm not going to post stuff im not fully clear with, as that would make some people's hype radar go up for something that could be incorrect.

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX

How is a train a boss? Or is it like the Phantom Train in Final Fantasy? Or am I missing a CV boss that was originally in the earlier games?

3. Goofy Titan

The game is running on bosses in the old school sense. Like, running from a boss while it chases you. The trrain is a boss you simply have to stop before it crashes and I assume you die.

4. CrazyMoronX

Ah, the old "stop the train before you explode" game. I never liked that one. I mean, why not just jump off, and let it explode?

5. Goofy Titan

Here's the fucking pathetic, abosolutley pointless inclusion of Richter/Maria duo mode.

6. Hylian

7. dementia_

Wow. Richter Belmont and Maria Belnades invented time travel.

4 tracks from PoR are availiable at CV Dungeon. They're all Yamane, but Yuzo Koshiro is doing half of the soundtrack as well. Enjoy.
    To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 21 Direct Download

8. Goofy Titan

They removed all the others that were leaked earlier this week.

9. dementia_

EDIT: Here.

10. Goofy Titan

Wait..IS THIS THE RECENT RELEASE, OR THOSE 5 COMMON TRACKS?!?!

Edit: Its' the common one D:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  11. Goofy Titan

Oh..and some tragic news buddies. Richter's mode....HAS A STORY. Thats right, the characters that have NO GOOD REASON TO BE IN THIS GAME, are given a reason.

God fucking dammit D:

If we don't get a John Morris/Eric Lecarde mode but are stuck with this, I WILL CURSE ANGER ON TEAM IGA :O

12. Goofy Titan

Some moar news my loves. Warnings ahoy my loves, spoilers are ahead.

Once again SPOILERS FUCKING AHOY

- Richters/Maria's storyline supposedly isn't a side shit thing for fanservice, as it supposedly plays a role in one of Brauner's paintings. His paintings are a mix of locations around the world, to teleport to certain places around the world, and some are ACTUAL paintings come alive. Supposedly, some of his paintings even defy time and space and well..one of them appears to be related to the Rondo era. I have no clue on many of the story matters, but due to some man who gave out ALL of this info, the music, the modes, the like, I might be able to speak with him sometime next week. I shall tryto not dissapoint :D. It has something to do with Richter being called to 1944.

- The game will have 26 bosses. I think that is the biggest count ever in a CV game. The following list are the ones confirmed for sure as bosses.

1.Balore
    2.Dullahan
    3.Frankenstein
    4.Medusa
    5.Brauner
    6.Stella
    7.Loretta
    8.Dagon
    9.Mummy
    10.Legion
    11.Behemoth
    12.True Dracula
    13.Death
    14.Keremeth
    15.Whips Memory (Richter)
    16.Werewolf
    17.Astarte

And this is just the light meat as opposed to what Konami scraped out of the main Castlevania fansite this shit mainly comes from. Hell, the ENTIRE game and almost all its contents were released a few days ago.

13. Chamcham Trigger

Yikes. you're seriously staking this game out completly. Good work. I have to say though, that the video you showed, kinda scared me about the battle aspect. Or to be more specific, I'm not really liking the touch screen aspect of the game I saw. Hopefully future info will help me to know what to expect from it.

14. Goofy Titan

Thats not the main mode at all. That's a second mode with Stella and Loretta, which now knowing some cirtical plot points I dearly don't even wish to post unless requested, has a point in the game.

And lets just say this, I was right when assuming John Morris and Eric Lecarde aren't going to be playable.

EDITness: I Can't Stand Myself

That more or less is what the main game is played like.

15. Chamcham Trigger

That seriously eased any form of worry I had before. I kinda feel dumb for worrying now considering that this is a castlevania game. :S

Plus to make things better, he has a funny running animation. Nothing's better than a funny looking animation in a kickass game.

16. Goofy Titan

Richter's run looks to be a very fast moving sprite scrolling at a slower pace XD.

Still, it's going to be interesting seeing a...Morris vs. Belmont. Hell, just 2 years ago, it was assumed Morris' were renamed Belmonts, now they are people who have to hold the Vampire killer for a reason XD.

17. Chamcham Trigger

lol it definately is....hmmm considering one of the GBA ones didn't have belmonts, what does that say about the victor :arg.

Oh and why do you see Richter and Maria having a story a bad thing?

18. Goofy Titan

Because Richter, Maria, and Alucard are some of the most praised and overrated characters in the land of Castlevania. They really shouldn't be a part of this game. Alucard isn't, and he would be the only exception to be welcomed, as he can age for eternity. Richter and Maria appear to be like, sucked from the 1700's, and put in a boss fight with you. Then you play as them, and I assume you go through the game as them, to go back home.

And, for the record, the one that didn't have a Belmont on the GBA isn't part of the timeline anymore, due to retcon reasons. I still consider it cause I like 'the more the merrier' and the like. Hell, I even consider DMC to be Castlevania in a way, due to the pretty large amount of similarites.

EDIT: I'm going to try and get the Soundtrack as fast as possible. It is like, 20 tracks or so. Im asking on GameSpot, and that violates the ToS, and I don't give a shit. I got B7 on GameFaqs after answering someones question if Snape Killed Dumbledore were true. And GS lets a lot of stuff pass by, like a username like FuckBoat.

19. Goofy Titan

Arr, I have a soundtrack list, and some smaller info. Lets get the smaller, more interesting bits out of the way.

Once again FUCKING SPOILERS
    - John Morris dies after Bloodlines because a non-Belmont must sacrifice himself to kill Dracula. Which means Quincy Morris, the man who in CV limelight was the first Morris to kill Dracula due to 'being stabbed' was actually killed by killing Dracula. And the same story is used for John Morris no less.

- It never says how Eric dies.

- At some point in the game you find out Vincent the monk/priest guy has been bit recently from a vampire. You need to help heal him. Eventually you do by learning a spell.

- Since the only way to revive the Vampire Killer requires the Lacarde family to do 'something'.

- The Twins, Stella and Loretta are the last of the Lacarde family but they're both vampires, yet Brauners children. I am guessing a WTF is in order there. It's because their BODIES are of Lecarde descent, and the SOULS in them are Brauners previously dead daughters. However you learn how to heal vampires eventually and they end up being switched again, remembering everything.

- They help you try to revive the vampire killer. The way they do it is by summoning the last BELMONT owner of the Vampire Killer. By fighting/defeating them you will unlock it's powers.

- The Belmont that is called back to fight vs you is RICHTER BELMONT.

- Last boss in the game is good old Dracula himself.

- You fight Death twice. One of the best boss fights is the second encounter. You fight both Dracula and Death at the SAME TIME!

Soundtrack listing:
    Song list (Via aglet and the original poster at the castlevania dungeon):
    000 - Invitation of a Crazed Moon
    001 - Silent Prison
    002 - Jail of Jewels
    003 - The Gears Go Awry
    004 - Gaze Up at the Darkness
    005 - Hail from the Past
    006 - Victorian Fear
    007 - Chaotic Playground
    008 - The Hidden Curse
    009 - Sandfall
    010 - In Search of the Secret Spell
    011 - Iron Blue Intention
    012 - Behind the Gaze
    013 - Crucifix Held Close
    014 - Troubled Times
    015 - Overture
    016 - The Looming Threat
    017 - Piercing Silence
    018 - Great Gate of Darkness
    019 - Dance of Sadness
    020 - Esquisse of Violence
    021 - Banquet of Madness
    022 - Awakening from the Nightmare
    023 - Bloodlines Bequeathed
    024 - Destroyer
    025 - Portrait of Destiny
    026 - Birth of War
    027 - Name Entry
    028 - A Small Prayer
    029 - Operation "VK"
    030 - Game Over
    031 - Meeting of Destiny
    032 - Thirst for Blood
    033 - Faraway Days
    034 - The Night Flows
    035 - Theme of Simon

20. Goofy Titan

The version of the game out that has all this info out is not a finished version. It is roughly one that is 65% completed. Yes, all this info is from a game slightly halfway completed. What HAS been confirmed by that is this;

There are THREE extra modes, only 2 in the current version that jump started Konami going after people posting the scripts and music list. So, the game modes are as followed;

Main game (Johnathan Morris/Charlotte Aulin)
    Stella/Loretta mode
    Richter/Maria mode
    ????/???? mode

It has also been confirmed Eric LeCardes weapon, the LeCarde spear, will be in the final version of the game, as well as another ending. So far, there appear to be 3 endings, one that is the true ending, one of Richter and Maria being unlocked, and one of Stella and Loretta being unlocked.

Some sad release date info. Following the setup of Dawn of Sorrow, the US gets it dead last again. Japan is getting it November 16th, EU gets it one week after, and we get it one week after, on December 5th. The reason for the delay was because many of this extra mode jazz was thought up to be included last month, and they want to finalize all of that, and one of IGA's goals with this game was to pack everything the team can pack in, as the team is now working all by themselves while he is in Romania researching lore of vampires for the Next-Gen CV game; which has been rumored to be a remake of Castlevania III, or the Demon Castle Wars chapter.

21. CrazyMoronX

22. Goofy Titan

Indeed it is. Summoned characters from the past, ghost spirits that help you.

It seems to be deeping more into Shin Megami Tensei turf than old Castlevania lore.

23. CrazyMoronX

Maybe weird = good. Castelvania has never failed to impress since SotN.

24. Goofy Titan

My loves, I have the OST..but there is a problem, I donno if I'm allowed to post it here D:

The OST is win, minus for the DS synth, and MIDI quality of some songs. But is understandable, they have so much content in the game. It WAS unexcusable for DoS to have music at that state though.

Hopefully, like GBA tradition, the third installment will have massive content adn strong music. The first GBA CV [Circle of the Moon] has bad music and there was no reason for it to be so. The second one [Harmony of Dissonance] extendede teh graph fix and all the content, and the music quality fell. I think it was only GBA CV that had scrolling 3D skies and towers. Then the third [Aria of Sorrow] combined good graph fix with music quality.

Yes, teh graph fix. TEH GRAPF FIX!!121233JK

25. Goofy Titan

Okay, I still haven't gotten a okay from any mod or anything if I CAN post it, because I donno if it is in the illegals like ROMS [Konami asked people to not host the OST, so take that as you will], so I will post the remix theme hardcore Castlevania fans should know, Simon Belmont's theme. This is one of Yuzo Koshiro's 8 tracks for the game, thats why I picked this remix over one of the better ones, Iron Blue Intention.

26. CrazyMoronX

I usually just post whatever I want, I don't think the mods pay much attention in the game section. :nuts

Anyway, I'll try it out tonight, when I get home. :thumbs

Even if the music quality wasn't that grand, I somehow liked CotM for GBA the best, I don't know why, it's like that mystery X factor in games. It makes it good.

27. Goofy Titan

Oh, I think PoR has that in spades. Many holy shit plot points occur.

But still, to sum up PoR's strong points;
    -Larger game map than Dawn of Sorrow, possibly the largest in a CV game ever.
    -Largest enemy/boss cast in a CV game.
    -First CV game to have sidequests.
    -First CV to have two players on screen at once.
    -First to have team crash moves.
    -First to have the Vampire Killer AND other weapons equipable.
    -Second CV to fully expand out of Drac country [Valachia/Wallachia]

And probably some others too.

28. CrazyMoronX

When does this come out again? I want to play it now, damn it.

29. Goofy Titan

US supposedly is now December 5th. Japan November 16th, Euro has been pushed like the US one, but now in a unknown release date criteria. All were originally planned for a full November launch, which would really hit into the 'Big' aspect of what November will be. Gears of War, PS3, Wii, having possibly the best DS title this year released in a month of big-ness would be winrar :D

30. CrazyMoronX

Well, I suppose I have enough games to appease me until then. But, for a game with this much hype, it's gonna be a long wait. :cry