1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Ch. 284 by Illuminati-Manga.

Discussion in 'Naruto Translations' started by DeusGear, Nov 19, 2005.

1. DeusGear New Member

After slaving away with a lq raw we are finally able to bring you a great quality scanlatio! Enjoy!
    Bittorent
    HTTP

Tags:
  2. hiko Well-Known Member

Given the speed with which you've gotten this out I think it's a pretty good job, but to really rival the likes of Shannaro/Inane/Japflap/JoJoHot you're gonna have to put a bit more care into the finer lines and outlines - oh and draw fresh borders over each cell (2px or 3px width). One other niggle is that you've completely clipped/cleaned out the grey shading in Tsunade's flashbacks of Naruto.

Also, why hasn't anyone used Nihongaeri's translation yet? It's nice that Hisshou's translation is getting good coverage but usually by now we have a few scanlations out covering different translations as well (nihongaeri, ratfox, etc etc).

3. DeusGear New Member

Thanks for the input, many of us editors are first timers.

4. holmes221 Member

thanks.

Link removed

5. bebong Narutimate Bebong

My opinion is re-thicken the lines and the dirt (pixels) should be more cleaner so it looks good. Don't really blur the effects from Shikamaru's Kagemane, where Sai is escaping, and Sakura's background in page 18 to make the quality better. The thing that made me impressed by Inane,Shannaro and JojoHot is their lines are thick and clear, no dirts at all. I like your groups scanlation's the best at this time being for chapter 284! So keep working and good luck on your improvement!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  6. Zenith00 The ShadowCaster

It's pretty hard to do a super clean chapter coz the original raw itself is so crappy. Considering the time they took to finish all the 19 pages is quite amazing actually. To do it really clean and with nice border lines (including typesetting as well) with a raw like this, each page roughly needs 2 hours. I actually planned to release my own version of this chapter, but after the 4th page...i dont feel like doing it anymore.

7. bebong Narutimate Bebong

same as me, when I tried to burn it in Adobe photoshop after getting rid of the green colored pages (RAWs) the betaed(black) backgrounds, clothes, etc still have holes but the chapter 283, the quality is good. I scanlated it without much trouble. This one, I have to re brush with microsoft paint, so I get sick after 3 pages of cleaning pages. One more tip, to get rid of the pixels (dirt) go to Adobe Photoshop then use the dodge tool and pick Highlight in the upper toolbar and you can instantly remove the dirt without harming the picture. Yeah, an impressive work!:oh :amuse :) :tem :smile-big

8. DeusGear New Member

Thanks everyone! Yeah cleaning those raws wasn't too fun (we finished at 3 am, started work at about 2 pm the day earlier).

9. degol New Member

what program did you use ?

10. PROTESTtheHERO lOST ON THE ROAD OF LIFE

thanks for the new chapter...

11. DeusGear New Member

Photoshop CS2 for all the editing.

12. jian Oogah Boogah

Why thank you for this.

13. TEK Akatsuki

Thank you very much. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

14. Shlowbro Your Sugar Daddy

15. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

:leepose

Did they do well, Sai-sensei?

Gai- Yes, yes they did. Next time, they wil lhave to do each page in 1 1/2 hours, to get stronger!

o_O

Arigatou for your hard work!

16. bebong Narutimate Bebong

yeah, you all put in very hard efforts to promote your group, and you work half a day coz you all love naruto!! great job, for next time I have no doubt that you'll have better and faster scanlations

17. ff7799 Member

illuminati I'am warning you right now that you guys won't last long, you are the worst spoiler group their is out their, you have no respect for the series that you release, however more than one group has already started working on something to deal with you guys.

18. bebong Narutimate Bebong

Well ff7799, who knows they'll improve on their scanlation, so probably don't make a fast conclusion first. See, their team consists of newbies, so I say they did a good job

19. ff7799 Member

You are wise beyond your years, however they still have alot to learn, and the first thing they need to learn is respect.

20. bebong Narutimate Bebong

but, yeah, you got the right point there ff7799

21. spiXder New Member

thanks for the scanlations, a job well done

22. DeusGear New Member

What is your problem? We're doing this project because it seems to me that every other group has slowed down to a halt. You act all mighty like you own the series, but the reality is : you don't. Now please get off your high horse and shut the fuck up, we were all newbies in the first place too, including you.
    Edit: Respect? What respect? This is a god damn SERVICE for the FANS, not some corporate business. In the end it's their choice whether they wan't to download this release or have the patience to wait for a higher quality one.

Edit2: Holy fucking shit, I think I just cried from laughter. FF7799, you are one desperate person seeking attention hahahaah!

Beautiful Fanart by lemurianprince at theOtaku.com

Beautiful Fanart by lemurianprince at theOtaku.com

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  23. coolerimmortal New Member

You fail.

In the first place, we are not a "spoiler group". We're a scanlation team.

Secondly, we're far from the worst.

Third, we have plenty of respect for our series. Why the hell would you say that?

Fourth, I highly doubt that. Scanlation groups aren't actively out to destroy each other.

It seems you're just an immature asshole looking for some attention. I've given you your attention, now go cry yourself to sleep. Your particular breed of idiocy makes me fear for the future of the human race.

On another note...

The reason we use Hissh's translation is that he's a member of our team and we wouldn't feel right about taking someone else's translation.

Thanks for the editing tips. We're mostly new at this, so our work is far from perfect. I'll relay all of this to the others.

24. Shampoo OMFG JIMP!!

I agree with DeusGear. It think it's great what illuminati did...also...whahahahah ff7799 :p

25. olaf Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Thanks guys for Ur hard work. I hope that U'll improve quickly.

ff7799 Ur sooo bad:spank
    LOL

26. ff7799 Member

I'am going to wipe you guys out. You little losers, regarding the dating service, you can find it at OMG IT WORKZ!!!! really! just opened last week. Digitalpoint sucks, The Baka's hangout is for retarded conversation, and any racist statements or issues I've commented have been made off this board, you guys are such big losers that you would have to do a search for my username on google or yahoo. You guys are pretty shameless and you suck thats why one of your cleaners begged to Join our group, on the issue of me being a newb I just want to say that you must be a complete retard I've been in this bussiness for five years now, you can find my releases, under super-subbers, animechi, ap-fansubs, ff7799 and eatourdust. I've worked on countless series and with many people in this field you must be a fool to call me a newb.

27. DeusGear New Member

Listen to yourself. You're making an online threat against a scanlating group :laugh , sorry I keep feeding the trolls >.>

28. Hana Winter is Coming

For the fast timing its pretty good. Thanks!

29. DeusGear New Member

I seriously didn't think that someone could get so serious over this. 1) No one called you a noob, I said that at one time you were one too. 2) You are flipping out online... ghahahahhaha! What are you gona do, scanlate faster then us to death? /end

30. ff7799 Member

dude do you honestly know how many people don't like you guys.