1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Chakra Gates

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Genius Admiral, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Genius Admiral

Okay, so everyone say the episode where Rock Lee PWNS Gaara, right? Pretty sick (Too bad Gaara crushes his arm and leg) but did you know that Chakra gates actually have a real life counterpart? I did lot's of research (I'm a science nerd) and did you know that adrenaline actually acts in the same way the gates do, in that it increases your bodies physical performence for a while but takes a huge toll? (There's a huge science behind it, having to do with the hormone's pouring all extra glucose into the muscles, yada yada yada) But in other words, for instance, say you flex your arm as hard as you can until it shakes. That means you're using the adrenaline to your advantage, much like Lee uses his chakra gates.

---Not that anyone cares..I just thought I'd bring it up

Tags:
  2. Jenna Berry

o_o

I'm gonna go outside for a little bit...

3. MiXeD BleSSing

Thanks for spoiling it!!!That was this weeks episode:cry

4. baldragnarok16

That is so awesome...THanks for informing me.

5. Sogeking

6. point314

Now we are going to see random people passing out trying to flex and open their so called "gates" :p

7. balmung29

8. L. Lawliet

I hopefully think that everyone should already know this... the fact that adrenaline can potentially push the body past its limits. The fact that you related this to chakra gates, however, is a good analysis. In ancient tradition of... I wanna say China... they state that we all supposedly have various chakra points throughout our body, which can probably be found in various diagrams on the internet.

9. TheAlmightyOverlord

Interesting idea. I wonder if it was intended to be that

10. Pyocora Analog III

Wow. You learn something new every day! :amuse

11. shijori

alright! 8 gates open!! -flexes available muscles-

12. Hokage Naruto

The possibilites of your adrenaline kicking in is very rare. Its supposely works in life-death situations but scentists have even confirmed that even in life-death situations there is a slim chance the adrenaline will kick in.

13. Loki

14. Genius Admiral

15. Jun'ichi

16. Ray

Very good lookup there considering if you continue to produce adrenaline your heart starts to overwork itself(Concept 8th gate) making it fail due to the long exposure. It increases body performance and such but this only occurs during the fear response or during stress.

17. Genius Admiral

Yeah...I guess that's what I'll do on forums...Provide some level of scientific insight... MAYBE I'LL FIND OUT HOW TO DO JUTSUS LIKE LIGHTNING BLADE IN REAL LIFE LOL (Besides putting a Giant spike on your palm and slamming it through some unsuspecting person's chest...which is a bad idea...)lol

18. RasenganUltimate

o.O whoa. we got a smart science guy here. Good job, I never put much thought into the science behind Naruto.

19. tennesay

Well it is possible to create a Raikari or Raikari like effect by either taping a tesla coil to your arm and a generator to your back, but that might have some rather.. unfortunate side effects like either frying your body or being electrocuted. Another way would be to use plasma which in its self is rather risky, you know melting your hand and all.

20. Genius Admiral

Lol Chidori/Raikiri Lightning blade whatever you wanna call it can't be recreated...Not like Gate openings....

21. Joyful_Note

Woah, that's a lot of research you've done. Thanks for posting.
    Might want to give it try. :p LOL.

I've wonder, like Dosu's sound wave thing, when he used it on Lee, can that happen too in real life? You know, a lost of balance then you'r lost of sight gets all smudged up (only temporary) then you puke? :oh I'm mean, since you'r a smart guy. And you like to do research and stuff. :oh ....

22. Pakkun91

Awesome find, that's really interesting. It really makes me wonder about the body...

23. Rotc Girl

That may be Buddism, or Hinduism. I saw it on an episode of CSI.

24. Genius Admiral

Hmm......Sound waves.....That's an interesting thought.....maybe.... If you think about how delicate the ears are it could probably happen (Not to the level where you throw up, but definately to a point where you are so distracted by the noise you can't focus, operate, or move) Because have any of you ever gotten like...cupped in the ears? (When someone slams their palms into your ears at once?) I know you can go deaf from that, and if you don't then you're in quite a bit of pain for a while... So dosu's thing could probably work.

25. Genius Admiral

Sorry for double posting like this, but here's a quote I just found... "It was NASA scientists in the early 1960s who produced most of the documentation of the effects of infrasound on the human body; they were particularly keen to discover how proximity to the low frequencies produced by rocket engines would affect their astronauts, especially during launching. Their extensive tests confirmed that, at certain volumes, infrasound did indeed have various physiological consequences. According to results published by NASA researcher GH Mohr, frequencies between 0Hz and 100Hz, at up to 150-155dB, produced vibrations of the chest wall, changes in respiratory rhythm, gagging sensations, headaches, coughing, visual distortion, and post-exposure fatigue. 5 Subsequent research has determined that the frequency that causes vibration of the eyeballs – and therefore distortion of vision – is around 19Hz." ---http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/153_sonicweapons.shtml
    Now, this website doesn't necessarily have credible conclusions, (After all, it's a site about strange happenings like ghosts and stuff) but this seemed pretty factual....So yea if what this says is true then Dosu's thing is definately conceivable, even to the point where it could be used if you had the right equipment....

26. Joyful_Note

Woah, thanks for posting back. :amuse It sure took you time to find that info, thanks! So, yeah, Dosu's sound wave thing is pretty real.... Thought you have to be in an rocket ship for all of that feeling of those conditions. Or the cup thing. ( Doesen't really do much but hurt and all. )

27. Genius Admiral

Lol of course...I'll look up other techniques if anyone wants to bother to ask about them....I'll try to find realistic ways to do it...Although Genjutsu type things would be errr hard to replicate

28. bahamut9003

So i was watching the animal planet one night and this sound wave thing reminds me of something i saw on there called the loudmouths. It was the top 10 loudest animals on earth. So like a great horned whale screams so loud underwater that it actually paralyzes its prey. And the #1 animal was a tiny shrimp that shot air out of a claw so fast it actually produced heat that was measured up to 4,000 degrees (of course it was for a millionth of a second of course). But when it hits another shrimp it actually kills it from the force of the wave.

29. Coheed

My brain hurts.....
    :oh