1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Chap. 144 : How does Itachi know Naruto's face?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Lexiefaye, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

This is a pretty old question but I was rereading the manga and something stuck me. Asuma, in Kakashi's room before Sasuke comes, says that Itachi knows Naruto's face. How? Itachi is able to track Naruto easily when Naruto is off with Jiraiya, but when he does confront Naruto, Naruto obviously has never seen him before. I just found how Asuma said this as particular ...

Tags:
  2. beautiful-green-beast Drunken Fist Master

Remember, Itachi is already a couple of years old when the Kyuubi attacked the village. He should already know what Naruto looks like. And as for the tracking him down....I guess that the Akatsuki has spies set up at different places....

3. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

I have something for you to think about....How does Itachi know Naruto's face? If Itachi did know Naruto's face then he could have described him to Sasori and Deidara. Itachi doesn't know Naruto's face....What Asuma says is basically just say "He knows how to find Naruto." Itachi was about 5 or 6 when the Kyuubi attacked, so for that he might know what Naruto looked like as a child. Itachi maybe able to recall memories of Naruto before he began to lose his eyesight. But, I doubt that would be helpful in drawing an accurate picture of Naruto present day.

I have another theory that Plant guy (I can't remember his name) can use Nature to see for him. LOL...Well that's just my thought.

4. Grrblt Banned

Itachi lived in Konoha until Naruto was about 7 or 8. Everyone in the village knows about the Kyuubi kid.

5. fukush Banned

Keep in mind that we dont know everything about the sharigan.

6. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

That's right...We really don't know how the eye deterioration works....I'm thinking that if the eye deterioration is as bad as Kakashi made it seem then Itachi would have lost the better part of his eyesight before he and Kisame encountered Asuma and Kurenai. But I really don't know how I believe the loss of eyesight works yet....I'm still forming my own opinion on that. LOL

7. HIMURA KENSHIN New Member

He was an ANBU capitain before he escaped. He should know naruto's face.

8. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Asuma probably just meant that Itachi knows how to recognize Naruto. Asuma couldn't have meant it literally or, at least, he couldn't have done more then guess. After all, there's no way Asuma could know that Itachi knows Naruto's face.

9. Pazuzu Translavetor

He has whiskers on his face. Come on.

10. Kousai Member

Pazuzu's right I mean all they had to do was look for a kid with blond spikey hair,blue eyes, a orange jumpsuit, and some whiskers, not to mention that Naruto's forehead protector had the Konoha mark on it. Also with the addition of begin with 1 of the 3 Sannin, Jiraiya The toad tamer (which Itachi did know about). I say that's the equaivalent of walking around with a 200ft orange neon sign inside a white hairy shield if you get my drift.

11. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I guess its because he lived in Konoha until Naruto was at least seven. He even was in his little brother´s class! And yes, there is the sharingan, maybe he can see the nine tails chakra. Also, we dont know for how long Itachi and Kisame were in the village, or even if they use to visit it regulary. So, they might have been watching for quite a long time, since Naruto was much younger. And they might have spys that took pictures! :)

12. oxxer Member

Lol took pictures, but itachi and kisame is staying at konoha to wait for oro to make his move right?

13. Troublesome I'm bringing Sasuke back

The whole village knows about Naruto and the Kyuubi demon fox.

14. Omolara Sasuke Defender

Itachi would've been about five when the Kyuubi attacked and he no doubt gleaned information about the vessel from his family and/or Anbu later on.
    LOTS of people know Naruto's face, that doesn't necessarily mean that he know all of them.
    I think that we can also safely assume that Naruto's pranks did not start the day before we met him. No doubt Itachi happened to see him and later heard something along the lines of:

"That Uzumaki Naruto brat blah blah blah...it's no surprise he's always causing trouble since he's the--"

A few select questions could clear that right up.

15. Marvin Member

itachi knows what naruto looks like cause he was a anbu captain of konoha.

also the reason he did not tell what naruto looks like to sasori, cause naruto was his target and not sasori's.

16. Omolara Sasuke Defender

Yeah, Itachi seems to not like anyone getting in his way even if they are a part of the same team. Sounds like Bell Test Sasuke. Ever wonder what his gennin team was like?

17. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

1. it looks like all akatsuki members have a bloodline (except sasori but he kind of fixed that) so we don't know the extent of their powers. they could have super spying jutsus we don't know about

2. akatsuki has spies everywhere including in oro's lair. why wouldn't they have spies in konoha as well?

3. itachi was ANBU before so he knows how to track down someone

18. Grep Kids love Grep

Well Naruto is pretty much the only character with spiky blonde hair, also he is loud and wears orange, that isn't to hard to find. Everyone hated naruto (at least most adults) so I am pretty sure Itachi knew about him.

19. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

not everyone only adults and they aren't allowed to talk...
    itachi was 4yo at most, he couln't know naruto

It is possible he got the information from Orochimaru sama who has discovered Naruto had the Kyubi on the forest of death.

I'm pretty sure Orochimaru sama and Itachi somehow collaborated.
    Proof:
    Itachi (to sasuke): run away and survive by any mean!
    Orochimaru sama (to kabuto): sasuke didn't run away even tho he knew he couldn't win, that kyuubi kid has a bad influence on him

20. Grep Kids love Grep

Itachi was older than four, that would mean he is only about 16-17 now, he was that old when he killed his entire clan and that was about 5-6 years before the point that the anime is currently at (I say the anime becuase the manga is ahead).

21. Sasori-Bot Gay for Sasori.

he was there wen kyuubi was sealed into naruto.

22. Shisui is dead

Asuma's full line was: "Naruto's pretty easy to find in this village. Itachi knows his face."

To me, that implies that Asuma would expect any Konoha ninja to recognize Naruto pretty easily because he's the Kyuubi kid. And Itachi does indeed locate Naruto pretty easily - just a little while after he and Kisame arrive.

That does bring up a good point about the eyesight thing though: if Itachi is so myopic post-timeskip that he doesn't know what Naruto looks like, then how could he spot him so easily before? Maybe his eyes have just gotten that much worse during those 2.5 years.

As for the age thing: Itachi was between 17-18 when he first returned to Konoha, and Naruto was 13 at this point. Therefore, Itachi was 4-5 when Kyuubi was sealed into Naruto - he hadn't even graduated from the Academy yet.

23. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Itachi and Kisame didn't locate Naruto until he and Jiraiya had already left Konoha and were in another town. Anyway, Itachi didn't have to use his own eyes to find Naruto. Kisame knew Jiraiya, and they knew Naruto was with him.

About the age thing, you are right. Itachi was 18 when we first saw him, making him 5 during the Kyuubi attack.

24. Shisui is dead

Well, I'm going by the anime here since my manga chapters don't go back that far, so this may come back to bite me in the ass, but ep 81, just after the scene between Oro and Kabuto, you see Itachi and Kisame standing in the trees and Kisame asks Itachi: "Have you located him?" Itachi: "Yes." Kisame: "Good, then this will be easy."

If that scene was preserved from the manga, then it seems it was Itachi who found Naruto without Kisame's assistance.

25. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

That wasn't in the manga ^^ So, unfortunately, it isn't of any help

26. Shisui is dead

Blazes! Foiled again! :p

27. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well we are dealing with shinobi here. They were tracking down the bijuu so in their research and tracking, they probably learned of how they looked after finding the village that they were in. I don't know if the Akatsuki is only comprised of the main members alone. I don't wanna spoil anything since this is the House of Uzumaki, but I'll just say spy, and the people who read the manga only will know what I mean. This means that they could probably get info on people's faces through these means.

28. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

He might have seen Naruto near Sasuke at some point, you know how he always used to watch him. He might have seen Naruto in class with Sasuke when he was young.

29. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

Yeah...Especially since Itachi was kind of protective and a decent brother before he went all psycho and stuff.

But it could be that as a member of the ANBU he was told who the Kyuubi kid was. Naruto has probably always been seen as a security risk by the village, so that kind of indicates to me that the ANBU would be informed about Naruto holding Kyuubi.

30. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

That's also true, but I think Kishimoto assumes that all the fans know why he knows Naruto's face, so I guess we've got it figured out with what's obvious in the manga ^^; even if it's not said ! :D