1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is Sunday, September the 15th at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Chapter 279 Predictions

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by SiSL, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SiSL

Since Raw & Scanlation out of 278, I guess we can go on from here:

What do you think we will see in Chapter 279? Will we see fight of Grimmjow & Ichigo already started? Will we see defeat of Grimmjow? Or will be twisted to end round #3 of them? Will wee see other characters instead of fight?

What do you think?

Tags:
  2. Marsala

I think we'll see Orihime finish healing Ichigo and Grimmjow and some actual conversation between her and Ichigo. There are two major issues that they need to talk about: how Orihime came to Hueco Mundo (remember, Orihime thinks that it was by her free will, which could confuse her and Ichigo if he tells her what Ulquiorra said) and what Orihime will be doing during the battle. Orihime may want to help Ichigo fight, but I'm very sure that Ichigo and Grimmjow will oppose that. So Orihime can either be a bystander as usual (which she doesn't want) or leave and do something else, like help Rukia.

3. Shinji

I don't think Ichigo can defeat Grimmjow. He has 11 seconds. And he lost the surprise of his mask. And not to mention Grimmjow has one more power up, his release.

Even though release= imminent death, I think Grimmjows death would be handed down by Ulqui if he releases.

So I look for next ch to be all Grimm vs. Ichigo, with Ulquiorra being released from his holding cell at the end of the ch.

4. Marsala

Ichigo can't lose. This is his third fight against Grimmjow, who isn't even in the top half of the Espada. Ichigo totally fails as a hero if he loses to the same enemy three times in a row. Especially when his friends have already won against Espada only a few ranks below Grimmjow.

5. SiSL

I think 11 seconds is something of the past now. All vaizards did was constantly beating Ichigo to keep his mask longer of endurance. Now Ulquirra fight was limit of it. Considering also how he had near-death experience now, I can't think of a better endurance test. In the end, Ichigo has what he needs now and how he defeated his inner hollow: "Instinct"

Also "I have overcome everything, now I look forward!" sentence might be key to Ichigo having what he need at least able to hurt Grimmjow more than Grimmjow himself expected.

On the other hand, I agree with you, we might see Ulquiorra released form. However, I can predict first half of chapter ending with a "suprised/shocked eye of Grimmjow in a frame" , left as cliffhanger and go to either Rukia or Chad's current states, even we might see frames of Aizen, Ichimaru or Tousen watching conflict.

Either way, it feels like we will see an epic battle, either start of something bigger or suprising new Espada to appear through it.

Beside that I would not be suprised if see Grimmjow's background story frames or if Ichigo ever talked to his hollow or Zangetsu himself meanwhile other events going as he lays semi-dead and frames about that.

If you ask me current state of Ichigo, I would say, he might not even need his hollow if his inner world does not crumble like last chapter's last pages.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. Shinji

He is going to lose unless he gets some miraculous power up. Or Shirosaki who has killing intent will show up. He is not beating a released Grimm.

And I wouldn't say he lost 3 times in a row. I'll give him the victory for battle 2 because he was clearly dominant. But thats a Grimm with 1 arm. We don't know if Grimm could stop a GT with both arms like a Ulqui had to do.

I really don't think its a huge gap between Ulqui and Grim.

7. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

I see Grimmjow fighting Ichigo w/ all his might and visa versa, while at the same time Grimmjow is training Ichigo how to use his transformed state to be able to battle Aizen. This would make sense b/c Grimmjow doesn't need 2-3hrs for a fight, it's training time.

This match should be nothing more than allowing Grimmjow a chance to get back at Aizen for allowing Tousen to cut of his hand in the first place.

8. runninkyle17

Before this chapter I thought that Grimmjow would end up betraying Aizen and now I am a little hesitant about that idea. I really have no idea what is going to happen, but I am hoping Kubo gives a real fight and not a transition to another one of the characters.

I would like some dialogue between Orihime and Ichigo though. Why can't the chapters be longer than 20 pages!!!!?????

9. Marsala

Then Ichigo will get his miraculous power-up. He's certainly due for one.
    Ichigo lost battle 2. He was dominant against an unreleased Grimmjow with one arm... for eleven seconds. Ichigo was going all out with his maximum power and couldn't finish the job, while Grimmjow was nowhere near his best, and Grimmjow still came out ahead.

And if Ichigo loses now, we'll have to see them fight again... or Ichigo will just never beat Grimmjow, which is silly after all of this rivalry.

It didn't look very big in this chapter, but Grimmjow had to be hyped for his fight with Ichigo and Ulquiorra was apparently holding back since he's afraid of killing a fellow Espada, according to Grimmjow.

10. ~Mystic Serenade~

Flag:
    South Korea
    The way Grimmjow was taunting Ulquiorra made it sound more like Ulquiorra was afraid of fighting him because they'd both end up killing each other.

11. spaZ

12. GaryDAI

Ichigo will defeat Grimmjaw, but spares his life. As Ichigo leaves, Ulq comes back and kills Grimmjaw.

13. StygianGlade

I foresee combat interruptis occuring in the form of Noitora, Stark, or Aizen himself since he requires Orihime at the moment. Another fight would drag out this arc that desperately needs to be drawn to a conclusion so the story can progress. Besides we wouldn't be seeing anything new unless Grimm happens to release. At any rate, if the rescue squad ever had a faint glimmer of hope in their mission it would be right now when Orihime has effectively been delivered to Ichigo on a silver platter.

14. Syn

GJ vs Ichigo is imminent, that much is clear. Im betting on ichigo winning (i dont know how he will, probably will some sort of plot kai) but honestly id be mad if we have to see GJ vs Ichigo part 4, i love how he has worked up to this battle and hopefully we can finally see the climax of it.

With that being said, i don't think GJ is going to die. Out of all the espada we have seen GJ has gotten the most panel time (with the exception of ulqi possibly), and it really doesn't make sense to me for kubo to have either ichigo kill him, or ulqi to come and kill him (if worse comes to worse though id rather have ichigo kill him). If kubo let Zael live (an espada who has gotten far less hype and panel time), then i cant see him killing off grim anytime soon.

15. Juanita Tequila

16. ez

Grimmjow ceros Ichigo's had off. That's what should happen. But that won't happen.

17. Urahara

I think Ichigo had an inner world visit after Ulqi Wtfpwned him, which would answer his confidence boost prior to accepting the fight with Grimmjow, stating that he'd rather beat him fresh and clean via healed...so there'd be no excuses...etc...

...Even though I clearly can't see him winning anyhow, I have a feeling he'll pull it off...

18. Mukuro

The fight will ensue. Grimmjow will lose a lot if he doesn't lose outright...of course, all that won't happen in the single chapter of 279.

19. Ookii Kintama

WHAT THE FUK HAPPEND TO NOITORA??? Either he shows up and owns the Quincy before Szayel gets back, or he interupts the IchiGrim fight. JUST SOMETHING.....COME ON!!!

The Szayel fight seems to be on pause for the moment, but I wouldn't be suprised if they start it up again for 279.

I would be dissapointed if the entire chapter is Ichi vs Grim. The same wouldn't be said for a Grim vs Ulqi match, but SOMEONE screwed that up. -_-

20. Burning_Dragon

i hope for Ichigo and Grimmjaw vs. the Emo King buts that wishful thinking.

21. AbnormallyNormal

22. Barry

I see the battle starting. Ichigo pwning Grimmjow alittle. Then as Grimmjow is about to release, Orihime is going to interfere somehow.

23. SiSL

Wonder if Orihime leveled enough to put a barrier between those two to stop THAT much power they try to inflict :D

24. darkwater297

I foresee Ichigo's massive power up just being him using a cero blast.

25. Lastier

Scene changes to Szayel laboratory for this whole chapter. <3

He will met another Espada there and they will talk about some interesting stuff.

26. Solar Bankai

One finger cero > hand cero. Yeah, there isnt a massive difference...
    Ichigo is going to win this fight, Grimmjow may even die...
    Noitora is going to do something. Seriously, is he walking to the massive reiatsu or what?

27. Wado

I still think nell will do something unpredictable. She wasn't included in 278 at all, so i expect a great return from her. Otherwise, 279 will most probably be focused on grimm vs. ichigo.

28. pAuL-

ichigo vs grimmjow and at the end of the chapter ulqui comes back

29. Metric

Ichigo is healed, and they start fighting. Might see Grimmjow about to release at the end of the chapter, since he doesn't want to get owned by Vizard Ichigo again.

30. Shinji

Thats just how Ulqui does cero, its not more fucken powerful because he is doing it with 1 finger. Its not like if he does full palm it is stronger. Thats just his style of doing it. Shinji uses his fist and holds up his sword. Grimms uses an open palm. Yami uses his dam mouth. Its not a damm difference, its just the damm style.

Grimm suffered some damage when his and Ulqui's cero's clashed. But it wasn't huge. At the moment I'm believing it is not a huge gap, until I see something different.

Its stupid if everyone does cero the same way.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007