1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Chapter 286 Discussion

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gold Knight, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Gold Knight To The Rescue!

Chapter 286 downloads

Chapter 286 translation by ratfox

(MH is a newly-formed site designed to help take away some of the pressure of hungry NForumers d/ling files and refreshing pages at NarutoForums. )

* * *​

SO we find out that Yamato used to be one of Sandaime's best men, and Danzou obviously doesn't like that he's leading the "new" Team 7.

We get a glimpse of what the "Root" might be all about, and that Sai has been apparently entrusted with a very important mission for them. And it looks like Sai still has trouble letting go of his past, despite the teachings of the "Root." Looks like another troubled boy to me.

And we also find out Naruto is a Sasutard in disguise! :blink But, some people here will say they always knew it. :tem :smile-big

Anyway, make your predictions and discuss to your heart's content!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Woozie Active Member

If we get lucky we might have Sai shouting out more insults to our 2 most loved characters. :D

3. Peliqua should be running her site.

Sakura hurts Sai.
    Here's hoping.

4. Thanatopsis123 Wanderer and slayer of Colossi

I think any of the following may happen:

1) Further evidence will be shown linking Sai to the Uchihas (like his look, that picture he was holding that looked like an Uchiha, etc).
    2) We'll find out that Yamato is indeed working for Root. (Sure he's Anbu, but so was Sai's sempai that gave him that note)
    3) We'll learn that the note Sai was given was an order to kill Naruto.

5. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

danzou is mad sketchy, but i hope somebody shuts up sai soon.maybe they meet Kabuto on the bridge?wutever, i jus want the a lil bit of fighting next chapter

6. hatsuka Jailbait Anonymous

Amen to that.

I bet they start off and get jumped by some random nin sent by Danzou so that Naruto can start to hate him. I bet at the bridge Sai betrays them too and some crazy shit goes down. Yea... :shifty

7. kite Scrumtrilescent

Yamato is not working for Root, 285 explained that he was one of Sandaime's most trusted ANBU, Danzaou really doesn't seem to like him leading the team. The guy that gave Sai the note was from the ANBY group Root, everyone in it is technically ANBU.

I hope they make it to the bridge with the end of the chapter having a view of who the spy is. We've had enough politics for a little bit.

8. Kno7 o.O

I don't think they'll get to the bridge that soon. We might see some action during the trip.

Anywho, I hope to see Yamato in action.

9. Thanatopsis123 Wanderer and slayer of Colossi

Hmmm... the translation I saw said nothing about Yamato being trusted by Sandaime, just having a good record while under him. And no Danzou didn't seem to like him much. What better way to disarm Tsunade by making her think she made the correct decision?

And I was under the impression that Root was a separate entity from Anbu, not a sub-division.

And yeah, I really hope they get to the bridge and see the spy next chapter. I'll be pissed if the whole chapter is traveling and talking.

10. Ichiurto Proudly Racist

Sai's orders are NOT to kill Naruto, but the Leader, Yamato (Sorry, I am HORRID with names)

Danzou (Again, bad with names :p) argued and fought with Sarutobi over Naruto being specially trained (basically, like "Ne").

The Third didn't want Naruto to grow up to be an emotionless killer, so he in turn said "no".. And as we all know, if Naruto was trained from an early age to be like Sai, he'd be a power-house right now.. Like Gaara, but with-out the headaches.. The Third knew this, so he denied Danzou the right to "mold" Naruto.

He probably realizes Naruto is to far gone now (Having great bonds with Tsunade + Jiraiya) so he has Sai kill the best and most trusted ANBU (The best part is speculation.. But given Naruto is going after Akatsuki again, I can't see Tsunade sending anyone but the best) Eventually, Danzou is trying to have his "Ne" controlled ANBU take over from the Hokage controlled one.

I strongly believe Naruto isn't any danger from Sai in this mission, and it more than likely started out with Sai being told to "watch" Naruto (Judge his action, reaction, what makes him tick, etc.)

Naruto is the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki, and Kyuubi is a Youma, said to be the GREATEST, thus, Naruto, if he learns to control the Kyuubi, will become the A-Bomb of the Naruto universe, a Weapon of Mega-Mass-destruction.

Danzou more than likely STILL wishes to control Naruto, so Sai's mission was supposed to be to befriend him.. By going the Sasuke root.. however, it seems Sai smashed his head on his desk one to many times, because he's brain-cell ratio is in the negatives.

Any who - To conclude, Sai has two orders, One is "Spec" status (Observe and Protect) and another is "Assassin" status (Kill Yamato). In the end, however, I foresee Yamato living, Sai giving his life to protect Naruto from someone (Which has to be One of the Akatsuki (Itachi/Zetus or the 3 we don't know), or Sasuke, otherwise, Naruto becomes even more horrendously under-powered.
    --------------

On-Topic Prediction for ONE chapter:
    Nothing much will happen in 286, we will probably get our first glimpse of Grass (Besides the Gaiden) when a note arrives to them, letting them know Konoha has a team sent into their territory.. Sai will continue to pester Naruto and Sakura (With Sakura holding Naruto back from hitting Sai) and Yamato will think Kakashi must be insane to put up with this.
    ---

11. Dyroness x

A secret is revealed, with a mix of action and suspense! :yelling

12. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Sai insults Sakura, Sakura beats the crap out of Sai in a manner similar to Dyro's sig.

Meet some new nin as they head to border. New character of some importance to story line, dont reach bridge. Fight new dude.

13. JonnyCake Truthiness.

We meet Kabuto finding out that he got tired of Sasuke taking his "bitch" spot so he's dealing out info about Oro. My best bet is we see more Sai insults and hopefully we find out Yamato can summon kittys.

14. dylec .

Well, Kishi took his time to go to the mission, so my previous prediction is now for this chapter. :amuse
    The team will be on their way, with Sai poking comments at Naruto & Sakura & Yamato trying to cool the 3 of them down. This chapter should set the theme for the rest of the arc - struggle to understand & deal with the situation - that's for the team & the village. :amuse

15. Crazy Like a Fox AKA Knowledge

I think Sai's mission will be revealed as a plot to kill naruto. It wouldn't surprise me if Sakura finds out before everyone else.

16. Rocheechan likes ramen!

I think Tsunade didn't jsut give Yamato orders to watch Sai. I think she gave more explicit instructions to Sakura to keep an eye on him as well, especially where Naruto is involved.

17. Peliqua should be running her site.

I hope the Akatsuki spy is Kabuto.
    Offtopic.. I wish there was a Kabuto pairing. He fucking ownz.

18. Phantom_nin New Member

O.K. I have two conflicting theory: 1) Sai was told to kill Naruto. Or, 2) Sai was told to kill Sasuke. Aka. gainning power is a great risk to Konoha, but Oro. have bigger desire to destroy the village. Sai might wants Oro. to transfer himself into Sasuke and try to kill him then, because the Root will have 3 years to kill Oro. if Sai fail. Sai is strong, he can seriously damage Oro. if he can't kill Oro. in Sasuke body. That why Sai needs to be in Naruto team. Who know Sasuke better than Naruto and Sakura? If the body trans. was done, they would know.
    I thinks 286 don't have a lot of excitements, but it will be the building foundation for chapter 300. If you wants to sell, what would you do? I am not insulting our idol, but he have bosses too. Beside, there are something about that hundred's number.
    I thinks there will be a small fight, but not one like Sasuke vs. Naruto.

19. Mizura Meh

There Is a Kabuto pairing. Oro X Kabu, or at least Kabu -> Oro one-sided. Evidence to this: "You can always use my body..."

They have 6 days right now until the time limit is up. Thus, more time for a variety of interactions. I don't think they'll take that long to arrive to their destination, there might either be outside interference in the meantime, or internal strife because of Sai. I doubt they'd just quietly get there, and spend the remaining days playing poker to kill time. :oh

20. samkhleo Natural Stupidity

Danzou was once a war hawk I an sure he is looking hard for actions and the appearance of another root member, he may assemble another group of Root ANBU to back up Sai

21. bebong Narutimate Bebong

Yaaah, maybe they'll nearly reached the grass country, then a grass nin appears and says: WTF!? Konoha shinobis..... grrr:mad , they're the one who killed our 3 best genins (remember, the shi no mori, oro's disguise) then they'll fight.

Offtopic: I want battle scenes Kishi, you have made me bored for several weeks, the sai battle ain't exciting!!

22. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

hmmmdef more talking for now.that characters might learn a thing or two about each other, settin up future chapters for some good fighting.i jus want to see the damn spy already!!

ive noticed that Yamato's hair looks JUST like Tobi's hair.....could they be one and the same?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  23. CHEH Funky Karate!!

sure hope there will be some battling going on and i hope it doesnt take 5 million years to get to the grass country like they did with the sand :D
    hopefully by chapter 287 they will be there already but most likely this next chap will be talking while getting there

24. tidusjanus Last Man Standing

Well the manga basically says that A SECRET will be revealed in 286...can't wait for that revelation...

25. Shlowbro Your Sugar Daddy

maybe a sasuke appearance in the next 3 to 5 chapters finally?

ps. i am not a sasuke-tard

26. tidusjanus Last Man Standing

wait,when does 286 come out?

27. Omolara Sasuke Defender

Hmm, Sai just might be proof that you cannot completely strip a man(boy/girly thing) of his humanity. I think that "The Secret" might be the Roots division played some major clandestine role in the last great shinobi war, and/or contributed to the Kyuubi disaster. However, this will not be completely revealed. It'll be just enough for us poor readers to go :omgwtfbbq at the final page...un.

Well, duh! :p Just didn't realize that he thought Sasuke was cute too. :wink
    No wonder he still hasn't acknowledged Hinata yet!
    Oh, and I love how Sakura turned into a total woman there, being all objective and whatnot. Ph34r t3h Naru/Sasu et Saku/Sai -ishness!

28. bebong Narutimate Bebong

Zenith says chapter 285 is the last chapter for this year:sad in manga helpers.....:mad this suck, kishi, I wanna see the revelation, sasuke, spy, b&&&h, FU__ whatever!!!!!!! I hope this is not true!!! To Zenith: Where did ya get that?:amazed

29. Magical Poof The Magically Poofical One

Whooaa. Wait. This is the last one for the rest of the year? We go a whole month Naruto-less? O_o

-has heart attack-

30. Dyroness x

WRONG. THIS IS A FAKE INFORMATION.a

Why? Because Gaiden was still up and alive December 2004.

Kill me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005