1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Chapter 327 Discussion

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by jplaya2023, Oct 4, 2006.

1. jplaya2023 My Canon >>> Your Opinions

Spoiler:
    For those that havent read 326, basically hidan gets his head back, the other 2 jounins attack to no avail, the other atak member kazou is a robot of some kind a mech bot and caught one of them by the throat and will snap his neck. Hidan now with his body back goes back to uses his jitso with asuma's blood. He immediately stabs himself effectively killing off asuma

For 327, i say Kazou kills the other 2 jounin and shikamaru until help arrives in kakashi and naruto and shikamaru is treated by sakura

Tags:
  2. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

In his dying breaths, Asuma tells Shikamaru to run; he does. Kakuzu snaps the two Chuunin's necks Vader-style or at least puts them down for the count.

Ah, who are we kidding? Obviously the day will be saved and Asuma and the others will live happily ever after.

3. jplaya2023 My Canon >>> Your Opinions

nah kishi made a statement about where the direction is going after he cut hidan's head off. He's hinted at killing all 4 of them off but shika is popular so he will remain alive

4. Daryoon Professional Shenanimeister

Asuma dies, causing Shikamaru to go Super Saiyan and pull of a critical move at a key strategic juncture.

This is going to be Shika's spotlight battle, he has to pull something off! I'm expecting Chouji and Ino to show up as reinforcements.

5. Rori -

It's about time back-up came.

6. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

He's going to run away and feel horrible about it. This is Shikamaru's hour of awful failure, just like how Naruto failed miserably in... all of Part 2 up till now. :oh

7. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

8. El Torero Spanish La Liga #1 Fan

I donĀ“t think Asuma died. Very soon...

9. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Asuma is not death, yet, if he was the chapter would end with a dying Asuma, not with a stabbing Hidan. I think reinforcements come or everybody escapes, while Asuma die in the process.

Of course if Kishimoto was really evil, next chapter would be only Naruto's Training, it's been a while since I see him.

10. O-ushi Upcoming Jounin

Just what is there left to do? Asuma is almost dead, Izumo and Kotetsu are in Kakuzu's hands and Shikamaru barely has any chakra left.
    Shikamaru may not get killed off due to his characters popularity, but he aint going back without getting some damage. Hidan may be done with Asuma but he still wants to get his own back on Shikamaru.

Basically I'd still like something grand to happen before the "back-up" arrives.

11. -GoW- seeing through shadows

I doubt anyone from Konoha will die.

Next chapter help arrives. Possibly Gai.

Both Hidan and Kakuzu are rather weak and meaningless characters. Hidan has only showed one ability while in the same amount of appearences Sasori, Deidera, Itachi and Kisame have shown several skills.

So, Im thinking either Hidan or both will die in this same arc. They've captured one bijuu and spread terror throughout the fire country. At least one of them is ready to get axed.

Most likely, Hidan dies and Kakuzu flees.

12. Syntaxis Everything I say is true

I kindof expect backup to have arrived by the next chapter. Hyuuga Hiashi (Hinata's father) enters the scene with 3 so far unknown Konoha nins. Hiashi appears behind Hidan and managed to make his pole dodge the critical areas. By doing so, Asuma is safe but heavily injured. One of the nameless nins accompanying Hiashi is a medical type ninja. One other cuts the cords that traps Izumo and Kotetsu. The last one is performing some sort of jutsu unseen before, nailing Kakuzu to the ground with chains from his body to the ground.

Hiashi will let Hidan know that his chakra points have been destroyed, not just disabled, literally destroyed. His wicked chakra flow granting him the illusion of immortality has been cut.

Shikamaru exclaims a "finally, the plan to stall worked.." before he collapses out of sheer exhaustion.

Then it's back to Naruto's training where, yet again, not a single step of progress is made for ~10 pages in a row.

13. KingofWac Member

Even though Asuma looks finished, I believe backup will arrive before he actually dies and a medical nin will heal him.

14. KuwabaraTheMan Eternal Love

Asuma manages to survive, and the tables are turned when back up arrive and Shikamaru directs them on launching a counterattack.

15. Daryoon Professional Shenanimeister

But Shika's already had his hour of awful failure with the failed Sasuke rescue! There isn't enough time/chapters left to have Hidan and Kakuzu escape and return later for another grand battle...

And if backup arrives, it can't just be faceless characters, or even minor ones. Chouji and Ino seem like the best bet becase they're Asuma's students and Shika's best friends.

Plus Chouji seems a perfect foil for Kakuzu, and I'm sure Ino's mind-swapping powers could be handy against Hidan. Battles in Naruto do seem to be based less on power and more on who has the right moves to counter the enemy's trump card (Sakura v Sasori, for example).

16. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

Asuma doesn't die. The ritual circle that Hidan steps in is a fake. Its actually Shikamaru's shadow bind disguised as it....

...but then Asuma was able to feel the scythe damage when Hidan stepped in there. So that bunks my theory :/

17. Fenix Pie Vendor

So you're telling me shadow is the same color as blood?

?

Yeah?

Okay?

18. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

So did Naruto, and yet he had another one.
    Of course there are. The battle ends now, we have various fallout with Asuma's funeral, etc. then Hidan and Kakuzu return to face Naruto's new jutsu, possibly with Deidara and Tobi in tow.
    However, ALL of the other 80 ninja are faceless. If reinforcements were going to appear, we would have been introduced to them earlier. Also, they will have to be extremely elite reinforcements to handle Hidan and Kakuzu. And they weren't supposed to show up for 20 minutes, while it's been five minutes, tops.

Reinforcements aren't coming. Shikamaru will retreat, and Hidan and Kakuzu won't bother pursuing him as Kakuzu has a bounty to collect and Hidan has a lengthy ceremony to finish.

19. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

Shit. Forgot the ritual circl ewas made of blood. But doesn't blood turn black after a while? Or was that brown. Oh well. Again...bunked theory.

Umm...everyone gets killed including Asuma, Izumo and Kotetsu die since I don't think Kakuzu "drags his fights" like Hidan. Shikamaru was running to Hidan to stop him. Shika get pwned but not killed. Since Kakuzu probably is a Frankenstein type and makes himself out of high quality ninja parts, he'll probably try to steal Shika's brain but is unable to due to reinforcements arriving.

....do you think these last two chapters would be enough for 10 minutes for the reinforcements to arrive?

Don't think that Shikamaru will retreat as he was running toward them. If he thought twice and decided to run away, he wouldn't have the time or distance to escape.

20. Fenix Pie Vendor

wait what..steal...brain................................that ...yeah LOL

that's a little extreme, if u steal the brain....kakuzu would become shikamaru -_-

21. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

Oh i dunno. Just pulling stuff outta my ass. I don't think he can become Shikamaru...I mean...does personality and memories move to the next person if you change brains? I guess... Maybe he just dissects his brain and takes the critical thinking part.
    Or...just cracks Shika's head open and stomps it into pink goo. "Take that brain! Grr! You couldn't predict that coming now did ya? Hehehe"

22. geG Very Rude

Asuma's not going to die until we get some of his backstory. So he's not dying this early. This may be the end of this fight, though.

23. El Torero Spanish La Liga #1 Fan

People....Hidan cannot die...not now....no before ASUMA?S GAIDEN!

Seriously, this and the next chapter will be the flashbacks of Asuma?s past.

24. Daryoon Professional Shenanimeister

I doubt there will be Asuma flashbacks. It's not like he's a massively important character, like Kakashi. We know enough about him to care, what could a flashback achieve?

There might be flashbacks in the anime though.

Nah, I can't imagine there being much resting time from here on. This is Konoha's Nightmare. Hidan and Kakuzu will die here, but other Akatsuki members will be coming. Nine Akatsuki, plus Sasuke, Kabuto and Orochimaru - there's not enough time to have all those battles if people keep retreating and coming back for more later.

25. Jericko Member

Right.

You said it right there, "effectively killing off Asuma". God, so many people on this board are in such denial because they don't want to believe Kishi would kill off one of his main characters.

He's done it before!

Asuma is dead :cussing !

26. Narutimate Hero Konoha's greatest

Asuma is pretty tricky. His team is lazy, but he always managed to put them to work. Like making the training looks like puzzles so that Shikamaru will do it.

Hidan: Ha.! Take that, you freakin bullshit!

Kakuzu: Hahaha..! Got him Hidan..!

Izu, Kot and Shika: Yamite kudasai...!!

Asuma: *cough*.. Hey, big guy. Just let the kids go and I'll tell you something.. coff..

Kakuzu: Eh?

Asuma: You wants my body right? I know where to find the other Konoha guardians. There were survivors.. If I die here, you won't have a chance in hell to kill them too.

Hidan: Oi oi..! Do not listen to him..

Kakuzu: .......

Izumo: Tai..cho... Don't betray your friends...

*Asuma looking at Shikamaru*

Shikamaru nods, as if he got the plan.

Shika:(speaking to himslelf) I've done the same thing.. *flashbacks of the Rescue Sasuke arc were shown* While we run.. You will stall them until the backup arrives.. Is that right.. captain??

Kakuzu: How much money are we talking about here? *he released the two chuunins*

Asuma: Ten times of my bounty..

27. darthg0d IDGAF.

I dont think Asuma will die. There should be some reason why only Hidan was shown stabbing himself. Hope backup arrives though. Lets see... at least one death for sure here. And I think Kazuzu has a lot more to show than just have his hands flying around.

As much as I've been wanting to see Naruto's training, it will be a sucker if they show it now instead of continuing with this fight. Hope that doesnt happen! :)

28. TicoTico Smexin-teh-Hinata

That.. doesn't sound bad at all me thinks! I can now see something along those lines happening as well.

Hidan stabbed himself through the heart though, didn't he. If the jutsu wasn't dispelled by, say, that being a fake circle, Asuma ought to die instantly. Even if Hidan somehow missed his own heart. (And just now I remembered case Neji, after his battle with Kidoumaru. Oh well.)

29. DarkLordOfKichiku Active Member

Well, I can imagine two things happening:

1. Asuma dies and so does most likely the other two. Shikamaru survives, either becuase Hidan & Kakuzu leaves, as they have no business there any longer or because he flees, simply as that - and he's then found and taken care of by the reinforments and returns to Konoha to tell his story (and later when Naruto & co encounters Hidan & Kakuzu again, he plays an important role).

2. Asuma somehow survives, the reinforments arrive and the battle is turned as Shikamaru strategically uses the reinforments to bring down Hidan & Kakuzu. Or the reinforments do not arrive but somehow the battle turns to their favor anyway...

30. atom on a Forums Break

*Sigh* As much as a I hate to say. Gai is going to save the day obviously. Hes the only one fast enough in the serious to hit Hidan out of the circle before the pain/damage gets transfered to Asuma (like instatenous..)

I perdict Gai coming in alread with the 3rd and 4th Gate in saying something like
    " My Spring Time of Youth is at its Peak! " then someone in the backround saying.. "Hes right you know" Then Team Gai comes out with Gai and Lee already Gated and tenten with new gear and Neji doing some stance.