1. img
    We invite you to participate in the NF Christmas Event!
    Deadline to sign yourself up is December 8 at 6 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 391 Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Sasuke, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Ifurita's Fan

maybe reverse that... That Sasuke's jutsu looks like the kirin's face.

After all... they've been around for thousands of years... whereas Sasuke's jutsu has been around... umm... a couple weeks.

2. Pepe Grillo

3. Noble Avenger

4. Kyuubi Naruto

Not really. People had been all over the place on the subject.

And yeah, this fight has been redeemed in my eyes. It goes from a one-sided Sasuke beatdown to a fight with Itachi on the winning side. Now Sasuke's win will involve suspense, struggle and pure unadulterated willpower. I don't know how Sasuke will win but I have to say the possible ideas are endless. I want Sasuke to win but I want a logical way that actually shows him on the ropes. This is the perfect example of that. Sasuke's out of chakra, his best jutsu has just been trumped, he's got nothing else left. It's up to whatever he can muster to beat Itach (or some outside force).

I love fights like these. They are great. It's also why I love Naruto vs Gaara and Sasuke vs Gaara. They aren't one-sided and they show the main character going all out with a purpose.

5. Hiroshi

Zetsu may not know about this jutsu, but it is most likely that Susanoo will be the third Mangekyou Sharingan jutsu. Zetsu thinks Itachi is dead after that, implying he doesn't know about the armor or the last jutsu. Also since Susanoo in the legend is siblings with the other two Mangekyou Sharingan jutsu, it will probably fall in the same category.

6. Maximus

Good call. They do look very similar.

7. Ifurita's Fan

Remember when sasuke was a little kid and watched Itachi using kunai to hit other kunai in mid air to deflect them into other targets... and there was always a kunai that Itachi couldn't see but always hit it perfectly every time....

Itachi doesn't need eyes to "see" sasuke's taijutsu and beat it.

8. Sasuke

This fight is DragonballZ level.

9. Seijaku_

10. Dr.Majestic

stop taking everything with a grain of salt, especially regarding chakura and all that. at least accept sometimes when people say 'they are out of chakura' its for dramatic effect.and that alone. it makes us think 'oh shit'. and we keep reading in suspense.

chakura is a made up system in a made up story, there are no solid dynamics or maths to it. if kishi wants the fight to go on, the fight goes on. and if they are 'really' out of chakura the fight ends.

you may have more fun reading this if you chilled out a bit, hell why not have a character get more chakura by digging deeper.believing in yourself, getting angry,trying harder it may sound cheesy but, just try taking in the events instead of trying to de-construct them by numbers before you even know exactly whats goin on.

its like watching a barrel full of fish with ocd in nf sometimes. everything doesnt have to be....'just so'.

either way itachi is gna bring a new kind of pain, thats good enough for me.

11. Pepe Grillo

like the time he pwnd naruto's bunshins behind him :LOS

12. Shinkirou

Sure it will, because Naruto is fast enough to counter something moving faster than sound. :notrust

13. Marsala

Itachi gains wings in Susano-o. Sasuke uses Art of Run (because he figures that he only has to outlast Itachi's transformation) and slithers away with his lower body in snake form. Itachi, though blind, hunts Sasuke by smell (because Susano-o came from Izanagi's nose) and catches Sasuke. The true hawk defeats the snake.

14. Noble Avenger

It doesn't feel forced to you, when two people who can detect chakra deem each other spent, only to unveil "a technique whose power can't be matched by normal elemental manipulation.," magical plot armor, Susanoo, CS2, and whatever Sasuke uses to inevitably counter Susanoo?

Sounds like plot on you-know-what to me. From both of em. And it's just poor writer's choice, because it could have been avoided. Declarations of being "spent" by them should have just never been made. Any "suspense" created by that is entirely undercut by the end of this degenerating into the generic "shounen main character getting power from some unknown/unheard of source to overcome against all odds."

I guess I'm the only person who is tired of that crap. At least against Deidara, you could say he merely ASSUMED Sasuke was done, rather than it being truth. But after unveiling the ability to detect chakra colors...you can't then use that same crap in an Uchiha fight...AND THEN invalidate it. Or I guess, he can, since it's his story anyway :rotfl.

15. CrystalCypher

Oh well, at least there is no reason for people to bitch like the last 7 weeks.

16. Pepe Grillo

17. son_michael

so Diedara was right...sasuke was out of chakra

18. MangekyoMaster

If Zetsu knew about Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu then he should have known about Susanoo.

19. Sasuke_Bateman

Naruto is the fastest character ever when he's using the Kyuubi chakra duh!

20. Zaraki No Kenpachi

It's not a blind spot if he knows it's there. Just like that spot where the "blind spot" kunai target was.

Perhaps...

But Itachi has been so severly dehyped thanks to Sasuke, I dont see any redemption of him.

21. Platinum

So i seems like it was Itachi with the ace up his sleeve. So where are all the Sauske fans that thought Sauske would solo Itachi. I bet Susano-o is a taijutsu technique that allows Itachi to lay the smackdown on Sauske before the fight is interrupted.

22. Hiroshi

There is a reason, n00bs will complain about the Sasuke's chakra, others about Itachi's chakra and armor, before it is explained if not before the RAW, etc. The fandoms always find a reason.

Yes, Itachi and Deidara were both not lying ofcourse. Nothing would be gained from that. It would appear that Sasuke's jutsu involves the energy of the atmosphere.

23. ThatNarutoFan

Well, It seems these unstoppable..undodgeable jutsus are easily dodged...

I'm probly stating the obvious, but Sasuke will not die, might lose the fight, but that would mean that Itachi will have to be to weak to come close to sasuke to pluck his eyes out, since that is what he wants.

I really don't want Itachi to die...but it's either he dies, or someone pulls him away from sasuke.

And another thing...this out of chakra crap and still being able to perform a high lvl attack makes me feel like im watching freakin DBZ...almost dead but still find a way to get energy to make a bolt of lighning come out of the sky in a form of a dragon O.O..but o well

24. Hiroshi

:huh Actually I'm a Sasuke fan, though I'm not as crazy as some other fans.. Not everyone is like that, just cause you're a fan doesn't mean that you have to bias and such.

But I knew that the side/end text was misleading as it always was and was refering to both Itachi and Sasuke. The words had a duel purpose. It served Itachi's and Sasuke's supposed 'trump' cards.

25. The Fool

Oh geez. You take the manga way too literally. Every technique that has come along which was stated to be "can't miss, unblockable, unavoidable" has failed in this manga. Just like every time Kishi says somebody is out of chakra they still continue to use jutsu.

26. KuwabaraTheMan

While I would love to see Sasuke getting owned by Itachi, it would also be a huge middle finger from Kishimoto. "See there, I spent months having you guys read this fight and it doesn't even resolve with a definitive conclusion".

Although it's possible that Naruto will show up and defeat Itachi. I wouldn't call it likely, but I'd love to see Sasuke come that close, only to see Naruto steal it away from him.

27. Noble Avenger

Too bad Sasuke didn't use that jutsu against Deidara. After being "out of chakra" he used Summoning (a boss summon no less) AND Sharingan genjutsu in an instant. He wasn't out of chakra. The end of that fight can be rationalized as Deidara making an assumption. He really had absolutely no way of knowing or not.

However, that same rational cannot be applied to this fight. Uchihas can see chakra colors. Apparently they can also defy all logic, which is why after being spent Sasuke can go CS2, and Itachi can make Plot Armor (only as strong/weak as it needs to be) and then Susanoo. That's actually the problem here.

28. Gunners

Nah it makes sense. It's called running the extra mile in reality people push past limits all the time, you see it with boxers going past what they normally could endure.

Genma pretty much said in Naruto's victory against Neji.

29. Sasuke_Bateman

Yes! Naruto and co will defeat Madara the invincible immortal and while Itachi is weak Naruto will sneak in and kill him! YES! That's whats going to happen!

Hey it's possible....Maybe later on in the series Sasuke will be Hokage.

30. Kyuubi Naruto

Sasuke's surely done, well he should be. Still, I don't get why he goes CS2 out of nowhere like that. He really should be spent right now, especially after his attack. After going CS2 and then stand there without falling to the ground? For Sasuke, he has no excuse. Maybe he will fall to his knees next chapter and then somehow get this inner strength some somewhere else and we'll see Itachi state "How is he doing this!? He had no chakra!! Where is this coming from!!!" or some crap like that. It always happens and yeah we know that it makes no sense. Still I can look over it as long as Kishi throws us a "He had the power appear from nowhere because of his '-". Itachi though, well I don't get it either.. I think he has an excuse for it. Putting both of them aside yeah, it doesn't make any sense if you really think about it. Atleast yet.

Anyway, I'm sure these will be brought up by these 2 characters later on. "How can he do with this no chakra?" and "I thought he was out of chakra". I'm just going to turn a blindeye to it though tbh. I'm just going to trick myself into believing that they have a reason for it even if it doesn't make sense. I don't really want to piss myself off by dwelling on that and then cause myself to dislike the fight now. :laugh