1. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Breakfast!
    Deadline for entries: February 10th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in Flash Fiction -- Photo!
    Deadline for entries: January 29th by 11:59pm EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 99 spoilers+discussion

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of December 2009 (a)' started by Waveblade, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Waveblade

Hello chaps, I have this weeks untranslated spoilers which have been confirmed. Translation should be around in the next few hours.

Tags:
  2. Bergelmir

Spoiler:
    I don't really like the "off switch" though. Long Hair science guy was an idiot when he was young. Nobody in their right mind would have free a person they had been experimenting on for years.

3. Fullmetalthis

I'm lazy, so I'm not doing a line by line translation. But here you guys go.

Spoiler:
    The Japanese Self Defense Force guys attack Grana and Amagi. Naturally, they get bitchslapped away.

Science guy continues his story. Apparently the second Grigori group had six experiments going on, ranging from Grigori 4-9. (Which means Amagi's sister wasn't the last experiment after all). Apparently between Grigori 05, 06, and 07, Grigori 07 was the strongest. There is a little scene with young Amagi talking about a letter from his parents(which is a fake letter).

So basically on Amagi's 18th birthday, he asked to be freed of his head gear thingy so he could sleep for one night as a normal person. Science guy eventually relents, and he cuts the electricity to the head gear for just a little bit. Naturally, Amagi wrecks shit up. And he escapes.

Science guy then tells Ageha and Amamiya that he thought of a way to stop the Grigori experiments(only in case they posed a danger. He didn't want to use this if they were just living normal lives). In addition to the head gear they wore when imprisoned, they had nanites implanted into their brain. These nanites can sop the Grigori experiments from using their psi abiliies. The codes to activate or destroy the chip are in science guy's notes. The notes, however, are in the destroyed lab which is heavily guarded.

Amamiya discussses all this with Matsuri. Naturally, she decides to go get the codes.

5. Waveblade

Here is a more detailed translation

Translation/Summary

6. Yoshi-Paperfold

So the Grigori 7 is now the Grigori 9. I'm starting to think some of the experiments are still under the control of grigori and may go against wise.

7. Tayimus

Hmm, I'm really interested in these missing Grigori Experiments. We now have Numbers 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9... Where are they? Can any or all of them be part of Council of Elders? It seems unlikely considering Grana, the first Experiment, is not even among the Council.

But honestly, we've gone back and forth through time. Everyone thought we've met all the enemies and were complaining about the short number of them. Now we see that from the beginning there were unknown Grigori Numbers. Nine might not even have been the last...

I'm getting excited to see what Toshiaki has in store....

8. Bergelmir

Council of Elders? I don't remember any Council of Elders... unless you're talking about the future Wise Star Commanders, of which Grana is the leader.

Regarding the missing Grigori experiments, I think they might have been killed off. Science guys says the second Grigori experiments ranged from 4-9. But that they soon focused on only 5-7. Its possible that the scientists just killed and threw away the remaining experiments because they served no further purpose.

9. Waveblade

In his first appearance Grana mentions the Council of Elders.

10. Bergelmir

Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about that one liner.

11. Penance

12. fxu

13. Waveblade

So, I think Grigori 02-03 must have been part of 01's group. I wonder what happened to them? And as for this Pan nanochip Ageha and co. ared going for I'm betting that it will not work for some reason but they find out something else instead.