1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Character bios/sword names

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by korican04, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korican04 ftp-nin

I was wondering if there was a site with character bios and if applicable their sword names like captains and vice captains. I looked at the places with bleach downloads but they don't really have that much more info on them.

Maybe we can start an info list here. put a pic up of the character and name and if they have one a sword name.

Tags:
  2. HinataFanBoy Aint Depression A Bitch?

just wanted to say, korican04, thank u sooo much for having bleach up and thanx for having the inuyasha manga up, ya told me on NT

3. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

Well, I tried to collect some info about that. It's not complete, and some names may be wrong... Feel free to make add and correct info on these ^^
    Also, some of them were double-named in manga-rain translation, like Ichigo's zanpakutou... In the first time, he called it "Kitsuki", but it's name is Zangetsu on the rest of the chapters... In cases like these, I choose the later name...
    Well, here it is ^^

Kurosaki Ichigo
    Zanpakutou Name: Zangetsu

Kuchiki Rukia
    Zanpakutou Name: ???

Urahara Kisuke
    Zanpakutou Name: Kurenaihime

Abarai Renji
    Zanpakutou Name: Zabimaru

Ichimaru Gin
    Zanpakutou Name: Shinsou

Zaraki Kenbachi
    Zanpakutou Name: None.

Aizen Sousuke

Hinamori Momo
    Zanpakutou Name: Tobiume

Iha Tetsugiemon

Matsumoto Rangiku
    Zanpakutou Name:

Kusajishi Yachiru
    Zanpakutou Name:

Ikkaku Madarame
    Zanpakutou Name: Hoozukimaru

Jiroubou Nanabandai
    Zanpakutou Name: Tsunzakigarasu

Yumichika Ayasegame
    Zanpakutou Name: Fuzikuzyaku

Hanatarou Yamada
    Zanpakutou name:

Iziru Kira
    Zanpakutou Name:

Hitsugaya Toushirou
    Zanpakutou Name: Hyourinmaru

Shunsui Kyouraku
    Zanpakutou Name:

Nanao Ise
    Zanpakutou Name:

Tatsuhusa Enjyouji
    zanpakutou Name:

Unohana Retsu
    Zanpakutou Name:

Hisagi Syuuhei
    Zanpakutou Name:

Tousen Kaname
    Zanpakutou Name: Suzumushi

Komamura Sajin
    Zanpakutou Name: Tenken?

Ukitake Zyuushirou
    Zanpakutou Name:

Kotsubaki Sentarou
    Zanpakutou Name:

Kotetsu Kiyone
    Rank; 3rd Seat of the 13th division (#2)
    Zanpakutou Name:

Kuchiki Byakuya
    Zanpakutou Name: Senbanza

Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    Zanpakutou Name: Ashisogizisou

Kurotsuchi Nemu
    Zanpakutou Name:

Soi Fon
    Zanpakutou Name:

Oomaeda Maresendai
    Zanpakutou Name:

4. Raitei Hitsugaya Toushirou

"Currently Known Zanpaku Swords
    (this was a post [info]dosetsu made in Soul_Society, and you can see the original post here. Much thanks and worship to him for all his hard work and research that went into this! <3)

Note that with the name translations, I've ignored any instances of "maru" or "suke" at the ends of names. Those're common name endings and don't (at least, as far as I can tell) actually add any meaning to the names.

Ashisogi Jizou (Beast-Killing Jizou)
    Owner: Kurotsuchi Mayuri, Captain of the 12th Division
    Command Phrases: "Kakimushire!" ("Tear off!")
    Ability: When in its released form, Ashisogi Jizou's three blades secrete a substance that interrupts the nerve signals governing movement, effectively paralyzing any part of the body they injure. This substance is highly specific and does not affect any other types of nerve activity, meaning limbs it paralyzes can still feel pain. In its Bankai form (known as Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou, or Golden Beast-Killing Jizou), it becomes an immense sluglike creature with a stomach covered by massive numbers of blades. It also emits a potent and eventually fatal toxic vapor which is derived from Mayuri's blood. Finally, as a last resort, Mayuri can stab himself with Ashisogi Jizou. This causes him to transform into a liquid form that cannot attack or be attacked, thus allowing him to escape combat if he's in danger of being killed.

Benihime (Crimson Princess)
    Owner: Urahara Kisuke, former Captain of the 12th Division
    Command Phrases: "Okiro!" ("Wake up!") and "Nake!" ("Sing!")
    Ability: Benihime is capable of disguising itself as Kisuke's cane. It can still act as a weapon in this form--it becomes a cane sword--but isn't as powerful. Its real ability, however, seems to be the ability to shape and manipulate blood. This is demonstrated in Chapter 67, when Kisuke uses Benihime to create a barrier against Ichigo's high-powered slash.

Fujikujaku (Wisteria Peacock)
    Owner: Ayasegawa Yumichika, 5th Seat of the 11th Division
    Command Phrases: none known
    Ability: Fujikujaku's released form is curved, like the blade of a sickle. It can split into a fan of four separate blades.

Hoozukimaru (Ogre Lamp)
    Owner: Madarame Ikkaku, 3rd Seat of the 11th Division
    Command Phrases: "Nobiro!" ("Grow!") and "Sakero!" ("Split!")
    Ability: Hoozukimaru transforms from a katana into a spear. The spear, in turn, is capable of splitting into a three-sectioned weapon joined by lengths of chain.

Hyourinmaru (Ice Ring)
    Owner: Hitsugaya Toushirou, Captain of the 10th Division
    Command Phrases: "Souten ni zase!" ("Sit in the frozen sky!")
    Ability: Hyourinmaru manipulates air conditions and weather; in particular, it creates huge volumes of ice and freezing water. Hitsugaya can apparently control the shape of this effect, as shown in chapter 132 when he creates an immense wave in the form of a dragon. Going by what Izuru says, Hitsugaya's sword is one of the most powerful Zanpaku swords ever, and the sheer amount of damage it can inflict even in its Shikai form seems to bear this out. As if the "huge freezing deluge" thing weren't enough, Hyourinmaru's hilt can sprout a length of chain which Hitsugaya can use to entangle enemies (and also to direct the course of the storms he makes, apparently).

Nejibana (Screw Flower)
    Owner: Shiba Kaien, late Vice Captain of the 13th Division
    Command Phrases: "Suiten sakamake!" ("Uncoil the sky and water!" - unsure of this)
    Ability: Unknown. Nejibana is destroyed by the Hollow Kaien fights in chapter 135 before its ability can be shown.

Senbonzakura (A Thousand Cherry Trees)
    Owner: Kuchiki Byakuya, Captain of the 6th Division
    Command Phrases: "Chire!" ("Scatter!")
    Ability: Senbonzakura's blade disappears, transforming into a flurry of tiny blades so small that it is difficult for the eye to follow them. These absorb light, taking on the appearance of scattering flower petals. The blades are remarkably effective at inflicting damage, quite in spite of their size.

Shinsou (Divine Spear)
    Owner: Ichimaru Gin, Captain of the 3rd Division
    Command Phrases: "Ikorose!" ("Shoot to death!")
    Ability: Shinsou's sealed form is that of a wakizashi (a shortsword version of a katana, basically). Its blade can increase its length extremely rapidly--in essence, firing its point like a projectile.

Suzumushi (Pure Insect)
    Owner: Tousen Kaname, Captain of the 9th Division
    Command Phrases: "Nake!" ("Sing!" - uses a different kanji for "naku" than the one used by Urahara to command Benihime, but the meaning is basically the same)
    Ability: Suzumushi emits sound waves, which apparently have hypnotic properties; Kaname uses it to put Ishida to sleep in Chapter 126. In chapter 139, however, Kaname demonstrates an entirely different ability--a special technique called "Suzumushi Nishiki - Benihikou" ("Pure Insect Second Style - Crimson Flying Locust"). This attack generates a thick swarm of slender blades (almost like needles) that rain down upon Kaname's target.

Tsunzakigarasu (Splitting Crow)
    Owner: Ikkanzaka Jiroubou, 4th Seat of the 7th Division
    Command Phrases: "Habatakinasai!" ("Flap your wings!")
    Ability: Tsunzakigarasu's blade transforms into a veritable cloud of whirling two-bladed shuriken. Even if those are destroyed, more can be produced by joining the bladeless hilt to the sheath and "re-drawing" the sword.

Tobiume (Flying Plum)
    Owner: Hinamori Momo, Vice Captain of the 5th Division
    Command Phrases: "Hajike!" ("Snap!")
    Ability: Tobiume generates fire, which can either be released in short-range explosions or concentrated into spheres that can be hurled at enemies.

Wabisuke (Apology)
    Owner: Kira Izuru, Vice Captain of the 3rd Division
    Command Phrases: "Omote wo agero!" ("Show your face!")
    Ability: Although Hitsugaya interrupts before much of Wabisuke's ability can be shown, it apparently has the power to transform into a hooklike weapon.

Zabimaru (Serpent Tail)
    Owner: Abarai Renji, Vice Captain of the 6th Division
    Command Phrases: "Hoero!" ("Howl!")
    Ability: Zabimaru transforms into a large blade divided into sections. When swung, it stretches out, becoming an enormous whip-like weapon. Renji has apparently attained the level of control over Zabimaru necessary to use its Bankai ability, though the nature of that ability has yet to be revealed. Zabimaru's living embodiment appears as a strange, sleek-bodied ape covered in tatoos and with a snake for a tail. The ape and the snake both speak with their own distinct voices. Zabimaru's Bankai is called Hihiou Zabimaru ("Hihiou" meaning "Baboon King"). Its form is that of an enormous skeletal serpent with a wild main and a demonic skull of a head, and its power is rather similar to that of Shikai-from Zabimaru: it lashes likes a whip. Of course, its destructive power is greatly increased, and it has the power to split at the joints to avoid attacks--the individual pieces are linked by Renji's aura, so he can reassemble them at will.

Zangetsu (Cutting Moon)
    Owner: Kurosaki Ichigo, independent Shinigami
    Command Phrases: none
    Ability: The cloth wrapped around Zangetsu's hilt can change length, becoming a makeshift sheath, but it has demonstrated no other abilities yet. Then again, Ichigo seems unable (or at least unwilling) to seal Zangetsu into the shape of a normal katana, so it's possible that Zangetsu's size and shape are actually its abilities. Zangetsu is probably powerful enough on its own that it doesn't need any "gimmick" powers; that would also be a good reflection of Ichigo's "charge in headlong and take no prisoners" fighting style. Zangetsu's living embodiment is a scruffy-faced man dressed in black who is fucking awesome.

I left Zaraki's unnamed sword off the list, since we'll probably be getting its name soon.

Introduction to Zanpaku Swords

(and once again, thanks so much to [info]dosetsu for all the work he put into this post, and his SUPREME Bleach knowledge.) "

5. Plex New Member

Hey Korican, Bleach7.com is working on a great new captains guide which should be online in about 2 weeks (would be sooner, but due to laziness, yeah).

6. korican04 ftp-nin

Sweet, I was going to go out of my way and crop (badass) pictures of all the captains for myself, but this saves me the trouble hopefully.
    I think i read bleach too fast, I don't know anyones names except ZARAKI, Ichigo rukia and chad.

I only know them as rukia's bro, the lil ice dragon kid, the drunk, the fox head, the only black dude in the series, the doctor, rukia's captain, monkey guy, tsunande's sister, the freaky guy with sword that looks like the freaky baby from FMA, dead captain and the dead captain's vice captain.
    Quincy dude, and the girl with the faries, the uncle, the cat girl.

OH AND ICHIMARU!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  7. Raitei Hitsugaya Toushirou

Rukia's bro: Kuchiki Byakuya
    lil' ice dragon kid: Hitsugaya Toushirou
    the drunk: Kyoraku Shunsui
    the fox head: Hisagi Shuuhei
    the only black dude in the series: Tousen Kaname
    the doctor: Yamada Hanatarou
    rukia's captain: Ukitake Juushirou
    monkey guy: Abarai Renji
    tsunande's sister: Matsumoto Rangiku
    the freaky guy with sword that looks like the freaky baby from FMA:Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    dead captain: Aizen Sousuke
    the dead captain's vice captain: Hinamori Momo
    Quincy dude: Uryuu Ishida
    the girl with the faries: Inoue Orihime
    the uncle: Zangetsu
    the cat girl: Shihouin Yoruichi

I'm guessing those are all the names to those characters? Now engrave 'em to your head...o.o

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  8. Dimezanime88 Tha Blak Demen

the only black dude...HAHAHAHAHA!!:D:) that was funny. if ur looking for info like this bleachworld will be updated on that soon.

9. Raitei Hitsugaya Toushirou

The only black dude in the series and he has a Japanese name...=_=

10. korican04 ftp-nin

The shop owner is called URahahahrhahrararara, then there are two kids and the glasses guy who levitates.

hmmmmm, the uncle i meant the dude that ichigo is fighitng to do the ban kai.
    The monkey dude, used to be called the guy with tatoo eye brows, but he has a monkey for his sword keaper thing, so I started calling him the monkey dude.
    Ahh I found the monkey dude, I meant Renji.

There is no way i'm remembering all those names.

11. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

The Uncle is Ichigo's Zanpakutou true form.... Zangetsu. ^^
    The monkey-dude with those eyebrows tatoos is Abarai Renji x}
    Rukia's captain is Ukitake Juushirou (the current captain of the 13th), the long-haired sick guy.
    Shiba Kaien were her Vice-Captain.

12. korican04 ftp-nin

So....is that guy really his uncle. I read mad fast so i don't really get what's going on with him. All i know is he lives in the sword and in ichigo's mind.

13. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

Because he is the Sword's spirit... it's the sword true form. x}}}

14. korican04 ftp-nin

So was he ever his uncle or does he just call him that. How did he get in the sword and why has he only appeared after ichigo got his ass whooped?

15. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

Er... "uncle" is how Ichigo calls him in the manga translation ^^' He's not Ichigo's uncle x}}}

"The Zanpaku swords are the trademark weapons of the Shinigami. Capable of cutting spirit bodies, they are amongst the few weapons which can be used to combat Hollows. Each Shinigami carries a unique Zanpaku sword, and each Zanpaku sword is unique on more than one level: the swords are both reflections of a Shinigami's self and power, and sentient beings unto themselves. The sword's name is also the name of the living being that empowers the sword and lends its strength to the Shinigami who wields it. These beings can vary widely in appearance and have their own distinct personalities. They apparently dwell in their own "inner worlds," created within the spirits of the Shinigami who wield them."

The Naruto love triangle-thingy

16. korican04 ftp-nin

I see....I guess i should stop calling him "the uncle"...need to come up with something..."Ichigo's sword guy"....not a nice ring...I'll keep saying "the uncle" for personal reasons. So whenever I say ichigo's uncle or the uncle I mean him.

17. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

Why don't you just call them by.... the names? x}}}}
    It's not that difficult ^^'

18. korican04 ftp-nin

and what is x}}}} ?

19. Inactive Rukia Back in Black x}

Hey Mya it's me Beo...o.O Didn't expect to see you in these parts. Looks like I got you hooked on Bleach xD

21. Donkey Show Bukkage

I thought Urahara's zanpaku was named Kurenaihime...

22. korican04 ftp-nin

Since the other sites are slow on this.
    I'm going to crop bad ass pics of all the captains(and other worthy people) and their swords and put them up somewhere. This will help me learn their names instead of calling someone "freaky dude, that has a sword that looks like the freaky babyf from fma." Or "the only black dude in the series".

23. korican04 ftp-nin

Alright i made the first one of my series for the caps and important dudes. I'll put the name of the sword later on the corner somewhere and what division. this took me like 5 mins, not that good, but it'll help me put a face and nick name to an actual name.

lil ice dragon kid

next one will be zaraki!

here is zaraki!

Who should i do next?

the drunk

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  24. yapster Ramen Boss

25. Tatsu_no_Houou Shinigami Shinobi

Stupid question, but isn't Rukia's zanpaku with Ichigo? Then wouldn't her Zanpaku end up being Zangetsu?

26. korican04 ftp-nin

I think he took more her powers to become a shinigami, not her actual sword. And because he had such strong spiritual energy he got his own giant sword. I don't really know though. Kinda blazed through the manga. I'm probably not the best person to answer this , seeing that i don't even know the characters' names.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  27. Tatsu_no_Houou Shinigami Shinobi

*spoiler* and now I answer my own question it seems...

After re-reading the manga, it says that ALL of the powers that Rukia gave him were destroyed. *someone might wanna put up a spoiler warning* "Uncle" showed him while in the process of becoming a Hollow that he had Shinigami powers since birth, Rukia's powers activated them.

He pulled out Zangetsu from within the 'soul box' just before he became a hollow.

Now the question is... does every Shinigami take their zanpaku from within their own soul? If so... then Zengetsu is Ichigo's sword alone. If not then it's Rukia's zanpaku.

how does one add spoiler warnings?

28. Raitei Hitsugaya Toushirou

I think all the shinigami have their own unique thing of becoming what they are. Plus it would make sense if they took it from their own soul, since the sword is a reflection of their strength isn't it? Now I'm not sure on Rukia, since she DID give all her powers to Ichigo, and Byakuya DID destroy all her powers when Ichigo fought him, I can only think that Ichigo had 2 swords. (One from Rukia, it's size influenced by Ichigo's vast spirit power and the other one being his very own that he drawn from his soul, his shinigami powers may have surfaced when they came in contact with another shinigami's power) But that's just me.

Edit-korican04, would it be to much to ask if I could use that hitsugaya sig? One of my fav chars ^_^0

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  29. meihinote 我愛睡覺.

Ichigo calls Zangetsu 'uncle' because in Asia, that's what you call relatives or friends of relatives if they're older than you. It's supposed to be a term of respect. For example if my father's friend was named 'David' then I would have to call him 'Uncle David'. It just works that way.

30. GOLZabuza ~Demon of the Mist~

this is all very interesting thanks for the information :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.