1. cookingcontest
    Show us your cooking skills in the 12th Cooking Contest, Meats/Fish!
    Deadline to enter is August 20th at 4 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Writingcontest
    Vote for the entries of the Alley's Writing ContestHere!
    The deadline for critiques Ends at August 4th.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is August 17 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Character Discussion - Keiichi

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of November 07' started by BakaOnna, Nov 11, 2007.

1. BakaOnna

Once again, these character discussion threads are for any opinions, views, thoughts, questions, concens, whatever's on your mind about said character. These threads will, hopefully, also include infomation on certain info left out from the anime.

Keiichi's Past (Ep. 25)
    Spoiler:

All right. Someone else can do the others. I need to start on my English essay that's due on Monday and get some sleep.

Tags:
  2. QBnoYouko

Keiichi's the man. He's idiotic but he has guts. Along with that he carries a cool and charming attitude... and a bat in hand. Needless to say without Keiichi, every Hinamizawa would likely be doomed. I believe Rika mentioned a similar thing before. I think his being there caused a bit of an effect on everyone. He gained memories of the past world and that's a factor in saving Rena in Tsumihoroboshi-hen, but I think Minagoroshi-hen shows most of just how much character Keiichi possesses. Of course, that might be because he has recollections of the past worlds yet I can't help but think it was him that triggered everyone else's memories and also their way toward their attempt on breaking fate, not just Rika.

What's done is done so I forgive Keiichi for his past. In any case, I always see him as a natural lead character and I was completely mortified to see him die at the end of Onikakushi-hen (completely off guard there).

3. dspr8_rugged

Youko has probably said most of my thoughts...

Keiichi is the epitome of all things GAR. Despite his past, he never let it drag him down, but instead, it made him a better person. We see how much he cared for his friends, more especially that they're girls - considering that he "shot" a little girl in his past. And as Youko said, Minagoroshi-hen showed the prime of it.

And for crying out loud, no one, I think, has stood up in the face of Oryou-san and threatened the old lady. :lmao

4. Vegitto-kun

including the moments when he goes bat shit crazy, pun intended

5. QBnoYouko

So... you die in almost every world you're in too?

6. Vegitto-kun

first arc and mion/shion arc?

7. BakaOnna

No, he died in the majority of the worlds shown to us. The ones where we don't see him die, he usually dies off screen.

In Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen, there was no Mion/Shion that came out when he was in the hospital. He imagined that after the post tramatic stress of getting stabbed. He died of heart failure.

In Tatarigoroshi-hen, he did die, but off screen.
    And this was actually a really important epilogue that DEEN never shown in the end of Tatarigoroshi-hen: Maebara Keiichi's Interview
    If you don't feel like reading that (which you should, since it's really creepy and gave info), here's the ending:
    And you should know what happens to him in Tsumihoroboshi-hen in ep. 1 of Higurashi Kai. Poor guy... dies nearly ever arc. But that can also be said of Rika.

8. Vegitto-kun

why am I missing so much?

I mean I knew of him cutting his neck and then dieing in the hospital

he survived the gas outbreak and in the last arc he didn't die either

9. BakaOnna

You would've never known about the gas thing if you've never read or seen the epilogue of Tatarigoroshi-hen. The anime never showed his death, but he did die in that scenerio.

In the last arc, he did die. You watched the 1st episode of Higurashi Kai, right? That was basically an epilogue of the last arc in the first season. It basically tells you that, ultimately, everyone still died dispite the fact that Keiichi got Rena out of her insanity. Rena was the sole survivor because she was not in Hinamizawa at the time of the gas disaster.

10. Barinax

I used to think Keiichi had pink hair. :sag

11. Monna

Uhh... what?

12. Vegitto-kun

other than the dieing at the hands of loli lolis

13. Barinax