1. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Character Discussion - Rena

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of November 07' started by BakaOnna, Nov 11, 2007.

1. BakaOnna

Since we have a thread on Takano, why not start one for all the Higurashi characters? These character discussion threads are for any opinions, views, thoughts, questions, concens, whatever's on your mind about said character. These threads will, hopefully, also include infomation on certain info left out from the anime.

TIPS info on Rena (credit goes to Animesuki):
    Spoiler:

Also, about that event where she broke all the school windows and attacked those guys:
    Spoiler:
    From what I've read and heard, it's implied that she was nearly sexually molested/raped by those, if I remember correctly, 3 guys from her school before she moved back to Hinamizawa. That is why the boys' never pressed any charges on her since it was their fault.

Tags:
  2. Monna

Is there an official text that explains this event?

3. BakaOnna

I've never read anything about it other than the words from various game players. If I find any official text on it, I'll post it. :amuse

Well, here's the long Rena's inner monologues that was left out in episode 18.
    The Red Capsule

Poor Rena. :cry

It's funny because in Oniakushi-hen, I hated her and she totally freaked me out. Then once Watanagashi-hen started, and we got to see her awesome detective skills, she was more than just some psycho loli. And it's kind of sad that her hau~ personality is a way for her to cope with all the pain she goes through.

4. Vegitto-kun

Unless there are maggots dropping out of her neck :sag

5. Monna

The red capsule is sad. It sounded pianful how she sliced open the large blood vessel on her ankle.

6. MarthX7

Makes you wonder how she lived through that.

7. Monna

Rena shouldn't damage herself. To too pretty and kind.

8. G@R-chan

Rena suffers a lot in her life, she's so cute and kind, it's painful to see her go through all those things, and having composure in front of everyone. Clearly, Higurashi's cast is amazing because they help others before thinking of themselves.
    Rena is wonderful, OrGARsmic, Kawaii and so on. She cares a lot for everyone, definitely my second favourite Higurashi character behind 34-tan.