1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Chidori question

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by genjo sanzo, Dec 3, 2004.

1. genjo sanzo

Does chidori use hand seals or not?? It's been used with and without them

Tags:
  2. DaktheRipper

will you see in the wonderful world of naruto. there is a kid named sasuke and he likes to look coool so when he was in the stadium he used hand seals....to look cool. but in reality he just has a bunch of sparklers in one hand and runs screaming into the night

3. blind51de

It's up to Kishimoto, whether or not he wants the scene to look dramatic.

4. MiniSasuke

If it has been used without them then i would think Chidori is without hand seals. To me i think that it doesn't use hand seals. Kakashi never used hand seals to form chidori

5. genjo sanzo

6. DaktheRipper

well hand seals help form chakra right? well i guess the better chakra control you have the less you would have to use hand seals....if that makes sense

7. MiniSasuke

I don't think they do help form chakra, i think it's just a form to create techiques. Cause if it does help form chakra then Rasenga should use hand seals.

Yeah Ur Right.

8. Smitty

in the zabuza fight Kakashi used hand seals to summon those dogs to hold Zabuza still, those were not used to concentrate chakra for the chidori

9. Crucifixation

Hand seals has something to do with the flow of chakra. I don't think it's necessary for Chidori though.
    -stares at DaktheRipper's siggy-
    O_O Whoa.

10. Kaluence

handseals are used to help mold hakra, so if u know how to mold the chakra properly already i dun think there is a need for it, just like the byakugan

11. Tautou

And hand seals aren't used just to mold chakra. The Rasengan is just plain chakra so it doesn't need hand seals, but something like Katon for example is going to need hand seals, as chakra isn't going to turn into fire automatically.

12. jaxspider

Almost all complex jutsu require hand seals. There are exceptions but that is very rare. Example the Rasegan doesnt require any seals at all. Also once you have mastered a certain jutsu to its capacity, I believe you dont need to physically need to do hand seals. Examples Orochimaru most of the times never shows his hand seals unless its a rare jutsu, example for that is the 5 elemental seal he put on naruto. But all the common jutsu he does never really need hand seals.

This is however not the case for sasuke and the chidori. Basically Kishimoto is a creative but lazy guy. Instead of showing all the hand seals all the time (which he would have to since not everyone is Oro) he saves times and burnden by "skipping" the handseals that you have seen multiple times before. Example Naruto first did the Kage bushin no jutsu (also temari) with multiple hand seals. But later on in the series he just does the last plus hand seal to show what he did. Its sorta like shorthand for hand seals plus the audience doesnt get annoyed with it.

Example of audience wanting to kill the anime creators for repetative animation... The Example, Street Fighter Victory (you might have / havent heard of this shitty anime series) While it basically had no original story. The only thing you can remember about it is, that Ryu did the hyduken for about 2-3 minutes everytime he "practiced" this really pissed me off... and everytime he did that pose I knew I had to fast foward the tape.

For that reason I think kishi is avoiding to show the same exact hand seals over and over again.

13. Nyarlathotep

There's a hole in your theory though, Kuchiyose no jutsu is C-rank (chuunin level) according to the databook and Oro always does the handseals everytime he summons an snake, but I suppose Kishiman showed the handseals because it was the first time someone used Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Kakashi's dog summon doesn't use the same handseals).

I think I remember that anime, was it where Bison controlled people's minds using a hawk-shape stone?

I remember that pose too, Ryu moved his arms in a circular weaving motion and it always took like 10 minutes to charge, if I remember correctly, the episode where controlled Ryu fought Ken it took both Ryu and Ken all the episode just to charge the Hadoken and Shoryuken (respectively).

14. naruto9007

But Chidori is just an overflow of raw chakra so it wouldn't need hand seels.

15. Crucifixation

Meh. I stopped playing streetfighter when I was 8. =| And I couldn't see the difference between ken and Ryu.
    But anyways, I think Kishinoto-san just doesn't want to waste manga space by drawing all the handseals.

16. Raxell

ryu- hadoken (Fireball) strong, shoryuken(uppercut) weak
    ken- hadoken (Fireball) weak, shorruken (uppercut) strong

basic punches/kicks all do same damage, both of them the whirlwind kick does the same damage, range and hits.

and before you ask, yes i did play WAY too much street fighter as a child.

17. Crucifixation

O___O I stopped when my Sega Saturn broke down. And most of the time, I choose Chun Li anyways.

18. cidron

Let me tell you a fact: Raikiri (kakashis own technique, performed by kaka and sasu) need hand seals! Kaka perform hand seals in his fight with zabusa AND he uses hand seals right after he put the evil surpressor on the cursed seal when orochimaru came in. Kakashi said: "I can sacrifice my life to kill you" with his raikiri (chidori) in his hand.. It is either a miss by the anime team, or the viewers did not simpley see the hand seals because of the filming.

19. Jonas

And also what is the difference btw Raikiri and Chidori? And when have they been used (i know Chidori but not Raikiri)?

20. Rokudaime_Fireshadow

Chidori needs hand seals as its caused by body activation, the only times Sasuke has used it without hand seals we havent been able to see his hands, against Gaara we couldnt see his hands and in the roof top fight with naruto it cut to him moving his hand into position for Chidori, this does not mean he didnt make seals, only that we didnt see them.

21. Deathinstinct

Yeah, if they showed the seals for all the techniques and show would slow down even more.

22. ~Kaio-Cam~

i read an interview one day about kishimoto and his ideas on Naruto. he was deeply inspired by the creator of dragon ball and dbz. One of the questions were, what are the hand seals for. I doubt it has anything to do with flow of chakra. Unless along the story he makes up something. But i remember in the interview that he said, Hand Seals are like what super heros do. Example: Megaton Punch! In Naruto u have hand signals and the character saying something. hmmm i know what i just said sounds confusing, but i'll try and find the link.

23. Final Ultima

Chidori does require hand seals... *Points to signature* (contains spoilers) ...however, sometimes these hand seals are not shown, probably because it becomes a pain for Kishimoto and/or the anime producers to add in seals every time. If you want a plot reason for the lack of or inconsistency of seals, you could chalk it up to Sasuke's current concentration and/or adrenaline and/or emotion at the particular time he uses it.

The differences between Chidori and Raikiri are...

1. Rank - Chidori is A-Rank, Raikiri is S-Rank.
    2. Hand Seals - They require different (but sometimes similar) hand seals.
    3. Hand Positioning - Chidori is held face down, Raikiri is held face up.
    4. Noise - Raikiri is quieter than Chidori, albeit not by a lot.

Apparently not enough. Ryu and Ken's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku were very different, Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku was a single hitter that knocked the opponent down, Ken's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku hit up to three times (and up to five from the Street Fighter Alpha series onwards) but didn't knock the opponent down.

24. genjo sanzo

25. babbitblob

a) goes back and brings old threads back which are long decided
    or
    b) is a pron hunter, gathering his posts on his fake 18+ account.

26. tehdemonic

I don't know if I grasped what you were aiming at but it just sounded a little misleading to me since Rasengan, much like chidori, does not require handseals.

Any way FinalUltima's explanation was extensive and correct...I'm giving you a rep point.

27. ~Kaio-Cam~

you guys are naruto know it all's. :notrust Some proof to back up would work nice. But when u see the rest of Naruto maybe you'll change your mind. Wait till the fight i guess.

28. Laiquelleion

The reason why old threads comes back is that our new members haven't seen those.So please don't flame them and help them with that which they ask....:smile-big

29. Kerry33333

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  30. K'