1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Chiyo & Sakura vs. Asuma, Shikamaru, Izumo and Kotetsu

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Woozie, Sep 28, 2006.

Which team wins?

1. Chiyo & Sakura

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Asuma's team

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. Tie

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Woozie

Which one is the better Akatsuki hunting team? Takes place in an open area.

Sakura has the antidotes :nuts

Tags:
  2. jameshawking

>.> Chiyo+Sakura's my gut feeling. prep-time or no?

3. Sasori

Sakura > Shikimaru in terms of plot importance.

Therefore, Sakura wins regardless of any other factors.

4. Woozie

No prep-time. Chiyo and Sakura have the equipment they got when confronting Sasori. Other team has the equipment they have when confronting Hidan.

I disagree!

Besides whatever Shikamaru might lose in that department Asuma makes up in comparison to Chiyo.

5. Ae

who chiyo any way i pick asuma team

6. Celfur

Chiyo is the very old woman that helped Sakura fight Sasori.

7. Woofie

Izumo and Kotetsu should be able to take out Sakura no problem. >_>;

Shikamaru and Asuma can probably defeat Chiyo too - Shika is the ultimate teammate to have. Even if Chiyo unleashes the 10 puppets, something as simple as Kage Mane could prevent her from using them at all. I don't think that in her old age, she is quite agile enough to attack while (a) defending against Asuma's high-level offense, and (b) avoiding Kage Mane. And even if she is, Shikamaru may be able to use Kage Nui to immobilise a large portion of the puppets for a while. She'll get sliced up by Asuma before she can take out either of them IMO.

Wait, or is this thread about which team is better at pwning Akatsuki? :p

8. twilight

There is no way Asuma and shikamaru can beat chiyo maybe in your dreams but not in reality.

9. Celfur

10. ~Redchaos325~

Asuma's team will win, Chiyo and Sakura would not be able to escape Shikamarus Jutsu...

11. KuwabaraTheMan

Shikamaru holds Chiyo in place. Asuma beheads her. Sakura dies when Kotetsu looks at her funny.

12. Sho

If Sakura was able to figure out Sasori's hand movements, then Shikamaru would easily predict Chiyo's, especially when Shikamaru already showed his great predictive analysis when he faced Tayuya.

He would quickly realize that Chiyo is the one who controls Sakura, so all they would need to do is get her, and they've basically won the fight.

I put my money with Team Shika.

13. Insipidipity

I think anyone else in Akatsuki would've been dead within the first strike Asuma's team pulled off. It was brilliant and efficient. On the other hand, while Chiyo and Sakura could do similar(she did hold his tail while Sakura smashed him), it requires more effort, as attaching strings to someone isn't as simple as catching their shadow if you ask me.

Asuma and Shikamaru should be about even with Chiyo and Sakura though. With 2 chuunin ready to pounce, its their advantage.

14. Mizura

Um, against team Asuma, a Chiyo/Sakura combo would probably not be needed and not be used.

Chiyo needed Sakura to penetrate Sasori's defenses and smash his puppets. Team Asuma isn't made up of puppets, so Chiyo could just jump around on her own. :S A more likely scenario here is for Chiyo to use puppets and Sakura either dodging, distracting or healing Chiyo when needed.

Shikamaru would likely be able to read Chiyo's finger movements, but he doesn't have Sakura's dodging skills. On the other hand, while the rest of team Asuma is busy distracting Chiyo and Sakura, he should be able to easily shadow-bind them (even with Sakura warning Chiyo, it'd likely just take longer). Even though Chiyo might be able to break out of it, it should be long enough for the others to move in.

15. Insipidipity

according to the OP, it seems to be an akatsuki hunt, not a fight.

16. Mizura

.... OH. Oops. I got confused since everybody else is talking about Chiyo/Sakura vs Team Asuma as well. >__>;;

As for hunting Akatsuki, depends. Which ones? :huh

17. Gohan

If people keep saying Kakashi > Kazekage Gaara because of experience, then im gonna say Chiyo > Asuma + Shikamaru due to her Years and years of experience. She was fighting wars before Asuma was even born. Her 10 special puppets could prolly take out the whole team in my opinion.

But shikamarus intelligence just seems to never fail him. So the team wins only because of shikamaru. If it was any other chunnin, then team chiyo.

18. Futagokage

I go for the Asuma team version, they have not 1 but 2 human shields to use in any fight, Sakura and Chiyo were good against Sasori but there were personal feelings in the fight. So i do not really think that the combination would be very strong against other members.

19. Rashman

20. Woozie

Eh sorry I wasn't quite clear, I did mean that they are fighting against each other, not against Akatsuki.

21. jameshawking

Chiyo+Sakura still. izuma and Kotetsu, I think their names are, have shown nothing extraordinary other than sword-wielding. =/ Yay...

Also, Chiyo took a hundred puppets with ten. Focusing into 1-on-1 battles with only four of them shouldn't be too much of a problem. and if Shikamaru ever told his team how she moved her fingers, she could easily change the patterns. I believe she's skilled enough for that. which would lead to shikamaru analyzing more and such.

Shikamaru's much faster with his mind, but then again, he also had time to do so, time that he wouldn't have while fighting either puppets or Sakura. So throw a bit of that out the window.

Also considering how sakura alone kept Sasori's best puppet at bay for a good eal of time in a 1-v-1 fight should put her at above Chuunin level, IMO.

Chiyo and Sakura take this.

22. Woofie

That never really happened. She would've been killed by his first attack (lunging forward + slicing) if Chiyo hadn't lifted up Hiruko's tail to block the slice and then pulled Sakura back. She got out of his second attack (the poison gas) by using an exploding tag on herself - ingenius, but not exactly very productive in one-on-one terms. Immediate after that, she was saved by Chiyo once again, as Sasori's kunais were about to hit her before she could recover from the explosion; Chiyo blocked them with the parent puppets.

Then Satetsu came out... in the first attack, the Satetsu rain, Sakura was saved yet again as Chiyo got the Mother puppet to pull her to safety. Then there was the Satetsu needles, and once more the mother puppet saved Sakura by blocking them with its chakra shield. Next were the geometric shapes - Sakura was actually fairly useful here, although it was still explicitly shown that Chiyo was controlling her, so how she would've faired on her own is uncertain. Lastly, Satetsu Kaihou - again, Chiyo quickly pulled Sakura back out of the most dangerous areas of the attack, although it looks like Sakura used some her own dodging skills after that... she still got scratched, but survived because of the antidote. And then came up with a clever plan to destroy the puppet.

So Sakura was occasionally useful against the Sandaime puppet, but she would've been killed within 5 seconds of it coming out were it not for Chiyo, and would've died at least another four times after that without her help too. So it's a definite stretch to say "Sakura alone kept sasori's best puppet at bay for a good deal of time in a 1-on-1 fight" - it wasn't 1-on-1, and Chiyo still did the majority of the work. Sakura's only real use was with her plan at the end. I don't think she's above Chuunin level at all.

23. jameshawking

Correct me if I'm wreong, and I'm being genuine, but wasn't Sakura repelling Sandaime Kazekage's Iron sand for a considerable amount of time. As well as other random attacks. I get that idea from the link in my sig, so pleae, correct me if I'm wrong.

And I never said that she handled him completely. I just meant that she stood against Sasori's attacks decently well, without being scratched or anything. She should get considerable credit for that, no?

24. Woozie

Sakura was 100% controlled by Chiyo when Sasori was fighting with Kazekage puppet. The only time she wasn't controlled was when she faked to be poisoned and took out the puppet.

The only attacks she dodged on her own were the attacks from 100-puppet jutsu and...well that's it. She did get herself out of his poison cloud trap with an exploding tag.

Oh and Chiyo did comment her dodging skills when Sasori was fighting with Iron blocks, but she was still being controlled. It probably just made Chiyo's work a bit easier.

25. Mizura

Sakura was controlled by Chiyo against the iron sand.

Slowly she had come to analyze Sasori's finger movements, thus gaining the ability to dodge on her own if necessary, but she needed that time to analyze.

She'd likely not get that sort of time against team Asuma, especially since team Asuma likely doesn't produce particular patterns for her to analyze. She should still be able to dodge from a distance (no problems there since team Shikamaru isn't the biggest on flexible long-range attacks? I'm sure Sakura can dodge a few kunais. Exception is Shikamaru, but Sakura could maintain a bigger distance from him), eventually healing Chiyo if it comes to that, occasionally warning her about sneak-up attacks, but other than that I really don't see her purpose in this battle.

The Chiyo/Sakura teamwork that was Necessary against Sasori's attacks would be rather useless here, since Chiyo would have a better time with her puppets while not requiring Sakura's huge strength.

26. Ae

oh yeah see was in the manga right ? [Shinsen-Subs]_Innocent_Venus_-_08

27. darco

She isn't cheap old biatch....
    10 puppets+Chiyo+Sakura vs Asuma, Shikamaru, Izu, Kote...
    I go for Chiyo and Sakura...
    Chiyo will kill Asuma, Sakura will kill Shika...
    Then Izu and Kote is done vs Chiyo and Sakura...

28. The Truth

I would have given this fight to Chiyo & Sakura, until I saw this:
    The greatest jutsu yet seen.