1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Chobits

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by mary no jutsu, Oct 9, 2004.

1. mary no jutsu

i think chobits is one of clamps best works. for the people that have never read chobits its about this country guy named hideaki that goes to tokyo(this is the future) in tokyo everyone has a persocom a personal computer in the shape of a human well hes really por and really dumb and sadly cannot even afford a laptop. well one day coming back from work he finds a persocom in th garbage. shes all broken and doesn't know anything. well he takes her home and a bunch of funny stuff happen. at first it seems like shes just a broken down persocom but then she slowly starts showing special abilities and she might just be something alittle more

i love this series cause its so funny and heart warming and the music is good to

Tags:
  2. theoneandonly

Chobits is about the persocons, right? I like the series too! It's hillarious but at some parts of the anime it's kinda sad.

3. mary no jutsu

yeah i totally cried (spoiler) when that one persocom of the bakery store owner totally goes in front of the truck to take the blow that was just heart breaking

4. theoneandonly

But the ending is nice, though. When Hideki screams for Chii to come back...

5. EMPRA

I really like this anime itz funny,romantic and sad...

6. SakuNeko

I kinda like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles more than chobits

7. souske_05

no,no chobits is the best work of clamp, but angelic layer is next to chobits. the anime of chobit's is awsome! same w/ angelic layer

8. Gekkou

Actually, some say that Angelic layer was a precursor to Chobits. The main guy in AL (the doctor) is said to be the landlady's husband in Chobits.

As for Chobits, I love it. Actually, love really doesn't explain it. CLAMP does a masterful job of mixing humor and serious themes into this work. Notice how it starts off incredibly light-hearted and humorous and begins to get more dark and serious the more Chii (or should I say Elda? ;) )learns about the world?

I still prefer the manga, as it explains a lot more of what goes on in the show (such as the whole disk thing) and Zima and Dita have a bigger role. Whoot~! :D

9. OPTIMUS PRIME

ahhhh chobits. my first series that I watched as an anime watcher. was a good series. meh! later

=========OPTIMUS

10. Jiraya_Ero_Senjin

Also the First series of Anime that I ever watched. The humor is really good, and the serious line underneath is also something to think about.
    It's really a good anime, I like it allot. Once every 3years or something I watch the series again :D .

11. ahheng21

yah chobits is nice.... i bought the manga after watching it. chii is soooooooooo cute and innocent

12. Sketchy

Chobits is a masterpiece, i really like the anime. Pantse!!! Chi is so funny!! :D

13. Teclis

I quite liked the anime chobits, I saw it a lan party i was at with my pals the first epp and well I wanted to see more, I have seen all the serice whenmy pal gave me alone of the dvd box set and it was a realy cool anime more on the girly side but still wachable by guys lol, there was some confusing points in it but I got the jist of it and had a good lath.

14. realest-killa

it was so girlyyyy...i cant believe i watched this show...but it was a cool story line...the ending was the best haha

15. Charlie_K

i dun like the over perverted stuff like hideki having a crush on chii, shimizu, his landlady and co-worker who's younger than him. hes 18 for crying out loud.

16. Naruto_Uzumaki

i havent seen it cuz i dont know where 2 download it jeje :D

can somebody tell me...
    (in bittorrent)

17. tklown

Chobits is awesome, one of my favorite animes

18. Naruto_Uzumaki

19. ahheng21

20. Naruto_Uzumaki

I hated it, but it IS one of CLAMP's best works (and that isn't really saying much)

22. santosj

I really think the series is messed up! Good series, like Neon Genesis is good. Good story but everything else is just wack. I mean come on, how can a human love a robot? Just not possible. What? Will the baby be part human, part robot.

23. Daemon

she cant have any kids... open your minds guys... its anime afterall, ya?

24. santosj

Yeah, I mean, the guy will have to become asexual because well, you know. Ha ha, I could never do that if I was in his position. *Deleted*

25. Kineas

It's a series about the meaning of true love, how it transcends beyond just plain coupling, age barriers, death.

I would explain why, but it's just gonna be chockful of spoilers. :)

It doesn't take a romantic to be touched by the story, unless pictures of scantily clad humanoid robots is too much of a distraction from the storyline. :)

26. Crucifixation

I didn't manage to read the end. Pah. In terms of illustration, Chobits can easily be one of CLAMP's best works, but the storyline just didn't appeal to me. I am a realist. HumanxPersosom to me is just wrong. So I kinda anticipated the outcome and didn't buy book 8.

27. Gekkou

That's the entire plot of the story. Hideki has the exam same feelings as you when the story starts out, but in turn he starts to develop feelings for Chii.

**SPOILER** For those who want to know, highlight the white text

At the end Freya (known as "Dark Chii") appears at the end of the anime and informs him he cannot have sex with Chii because that would turn her off and all her memories would be lost. Hideki yells that he doesn't care and wants Chii back, thus professing his undying love for her. Also, he wouldn't have to become Asexual because reproduction was the last thing on his mind at that moment. Gotta develop a sensitive side, guys, it's not all about the sex. Especially in CLAMP work. :cool:

And its anime, guys. It's not supposed to make sense. Monsters coming from Cards (CCS), Living female robots (Saber J, Chobits), people shooting fire from their stomachs (Naruto)... None of it is supposed to make sense.

There's my two cents :p :D ;)

28. Crucifixation

Now I finally know the reason why I didn't really have the desire to finish the series.

29. santosj

It was a good series and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but the ending was unrealistic. I guess only a female would be able to enjoy it. It was artistic and that is why I enjoy it. Just think how much Neon Genesis is made fun of because of the craziness introduced in the characters. The emotions and story are the best parts but the other parts like that chick being his mom and part of the angel are just strange.

I seem to find a justification for everything and I justify watching Chobits because of the interesting and unique story (at the time it was the only robot x human series I had seen and now I have seen more in the genre than I care for). Now Armitage the Third I can understand because she can have children and with all the powers of a robot. I guess that is also why I like Ghost in the Shell.

30. Gekkou

err... I am a guy, and I loved the ending (manga was better though.) It is a shoujo anime, but that does not make it exclusively female oriented. Chobits very well might be one of my favorite (if not the favorite) anime. Armitage was able to have children with the same powers as her, but she is a biomechanical android, not a persocom. Persocoms had no biological parts. CLAMP's goal was realistic love in an unrealistic world

Also, with Ghost in the Shell, Motoko (Major) is not able to have children. Her body is completely cybernetic and requires maintenance every few months, but there are no biological components in that "shell" besides her brain and her ghost (hence the name, Ghost in the Shell.)