1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Bale: 'Culture will be richer when we stop white dudes running things'

Discussion in 'The NF Covfefé' started by Saishin, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

That does...

Help...

Needed for...

Practice. You will need it when your comrades come for you.

2. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

He's right you know cultures and civillizations and thousands of books and oral histories have been wiped out due to the white man

3. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Europeans were generally fascinated by civilizations with indigenous literatures, like the Iraqis, Egyptians and Indians. There was never a ban on reading the Quran in Malaysia or Confucius in Singapore.

It's more the cultures without writing (=most cultures) who got fucked because they could more easily be branded as savages.

4. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

I am sure they were saints who would jive just fine with modern progressive sensitivities...

5. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

6. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

Christian Bale isn't the most articulate individual, but in a way he's right. If only white men are running things then you're going to get stale shit coming out of Hollywood. That's why you see shows like Atlanta and movies like Get Out dominating the conversation, they're ideas that general audiences just don't see. They do see sad movies about slaves or blacks overcoming diversity (12 years a slave / Hidden Figures), but you weren't getting drama or genre shit.

I also don't want to disrespect Bale, he's a decent actor and can sing. He's also an asshole, but even a broken clock is right twice a day...unless it's a digital one saying times that really don't exist.

This has to be a troll.

7. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

The biggest non white movie Industry is the indian movie industry. You can say the same criticsm about them that applies to Hollywood there is no magic about non white people.

If black audiences wanted to see themselves as bad and pony up the money like during the heyday of Backsploitation...

8. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

You say this like it's only black people who went to see Get Out or watching Atlanta. I've got news for you, we're 13 % of the country and when I saw Get Out I was the only black person in there.

So people want new ideas.

And even your assessment of blaxplotation is wrong:

And India is a country where there's a population mostly of Indian people. The United States is only 63% white (non-hispanic) and that's out of 300 million people, so there's a lot of groups to cater to.

And remember the bullshit hollywood line about blacks not selling in China being the reason for not using them as stars?

Anymore tired bigot excuses you want to use so I can shoot them to shit or are you done?

9. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

I never claimed that people do not want to see new ideas. Or that only black people watched that.

So wikipedia claims that they started as movies primarily for black audiences.

No you dumbass India has multlanguage industry with North Indians looking less dark than south indians. Somebody will revoke your woke cred. Regions have their own indsutries catering from them, there is mway more to it than Bollywood.

The Instititution of movie stardom is almost dead.

10. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

There’s tan white people. That doesn’t make them not white, nigga.

11. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

I am afraid you are out of step with your fellow progressives on that one.

Get a better gun to shoot my points also.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 10:25 AM
  12. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Are you honestly saying that India is more homogeneous country than America?
    You couldn't be more wrong. Literally every state has different language, culture and traditions. That means they also have different film industries. India has way too many groups to cater. America got nothing on India on that particular front.
    It actually feels like you are in different country when you travels to different state(immediate language barrier for starters and not everyone speaks Hindi).
    It is practically a miracle that we have a national identity given the sheer differences we have among ourselves.
    Honestly from Indian perspective it is difficult to understand how Americans still have racial problems when you only have two groups to consider(White and Black) compared to our thousands of hundreds of groups.

13. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

With one key difference: the big Hollywood stuff isn’t just for Americans. We count on foreign markets to make our money back. Especially China and to some degree Europe. Even then there’s a difference between Americans too. The culture in NYC and California are different and they’re both considered progressive. Texas and Tennessee don’t have the same accent (thank God).

India also just has more people than us. If you catered to the largest group of Indians you’d probably have a population the size of the US.

14. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Okay, Im going to give a more lenghty reply to what I think about this.

The skin color of who is running things is irrelevant. That's what piss me off. It should be completely irrelevant if 100% is run by white guys, black guys, asians, gays, lesbians or whatever. Whoever is the most qualified, smart, etc., to run something, should.

What we need is equality of opportunity, that every other ethnicity is given the same opportunity to run things as whites, yes, I do think this is not the case.

But you can't look at who is running things and say "Only these people are in charge so its wrong" as you are looking at the outcome, of a process.

A better way of saying it would be "Culture will be richer when minorities have as much of a chance to run things as white dudes" now THAT is a statment I can ger 100% behind. Equality of opportunities, not of outcomes.

What Bale said implies white guys should be stopped from running things just for the sake of diversity.

15. Junta1987 The Skeptic

this moron should than give away all his money

Typical libtard.

16. Pliskin Well-Known Member

17. Lucy75 I love lucy

18. Mider T VM Rapist

19. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Advisor

I think diversity is inherently a good thing when it comes to culture. Different points of view that reflect the realities of our world are essential to progress.

20. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

21. Superstars Well-Known Member

America would be richer if we stopped Celebrating nonsensical people like this.:camby

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  22. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Advisor

I just don’t understand why some people only like being around their own kind. It’s like having the same flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life.

23. Yami Munesanzun I am now having ALL teh segzy.

24. Junta1987 The Skeptic

this fucker profited from the culture and economy. Thats how he became millionaire

25. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

That's stupid. Everything you said was stupid.

26. Overwatch [Yogurt intensifies]

Off the top of my head, it's far less likely for me to get stabbed OR stab someone if I interact with my own kind than with hajis.

27. Pilaf Proudly a Garbage Human

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  28. Kalondo Zephyrin Active Member

Not every fruit in the forrest is healthy which is what the progressives are pushing.

29. Junta1987 The Skeptic

everything you said where empty buzzwords.

He benefited from the system (culture and economy) that's a fact

30. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I dunno whats worse, this or Islamist apologists like Riz Ahmed saying that if kids don't see their avatar on TV they'll think it will be a good idea to join ISIS instead.

But yeah, I think Actors should just not be allowed to make political statements as they don't live in the "real" world and view things in a very skewed and distorted fashion.

Like not understanding demographics level distorted.

Or openly advocating the assassination of the US president.

:apathy

I'm reminded of CNN running that opinion piece about Thomas the Tank Engine being "fascist" and saying that replacing the fascist loudmouth despot Sir Topham Hat with his "equaly loud" sister would somehow be better even if the trains would be just as "oppressed" as they were before.

Just because you have a different skin tone or naughty bits doesn't mean you'll be automatically good at something, the propensity of people from certain African countries to be better runners notwithstanding.

@Darth inVaders

Rwanda is almost exclusively black but the Hutus still massacred up to a million Tutsis, who are also black, because they hated each other.

So yeah, what SK said.

The Assyrians made pyramids out of the severed heads of their enemies and both Genghis Kan and Tamerlane were extremely prone to casual petty genocide for the flimsiest of reasons, Tamerlane himself being considered one of the worst mass murderers in human history.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 9:41 AM