1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Christianity's Self Righteousness, Moral superiority, and Mutual Ego Masturbation

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Jealousy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Fear and Judgement

Spoiler:
    The core of Christian belief is based on the idea that everyone has sinned, and because you have done anything wrong that God will punish you by burning you with fire, or otherwise torturing you forever. If a 5 year old tells a lie and then dies, God will burn that kid in Hell forever.Out here in the real world, if someone behaved like God supposedly does, that person would be severely mentally deranged. We put people who behave like God in jail or mental institutions. In fact, many people are locked up every year for imitating the "Wrath of God".

Then there's this Jesus guy who's supposed to be "God's Son", born of a virgin, because sex is something evil, and he's here to cut a deal to get you around his dad's wrath. God has an anger problem you see, and so he has to sacrifice his own kid to appease himself so that he doesn't have to torture people he created forever in Hell. So, Jesus has to die on the Cross for your sins, but then he's resurrected, so he's not really dead anymore. And now he's "paid the price" so those who "believe" in him will not fry in Hell like the rest of us.

Even though God created the universe and created billions of us, and he's all powerful and all knowing, he seems to have an identity problem and is so insecure that he needs us to worship him. Kind of like a kid shaking his fist over and ant colony demanding to be worshiped and obeyed, but on a much larger scale. God loves us, but needs to punish us, unless we worship him. It's like God is some southern hick child abuser or something. Maybe we should call family services on God for child abuse? Anyhow, Christians believe God has a God sized ego problem and needs us to worship him or he throws fits like destroying the world and such. God doesn't seem to have much control over his behavior and often is controlled by his own strong emotions.

God doesn't seem to really care much about what you do, but in what you believe in. It's "faith" not "works" that impress God. So, a mass murder who gets "saved" during his lethal injection will go to Heaven, but the Dalai Lama is going to burn in Hell. So, you can be bad all your life and change at the last minute and get into Heaven. Christians obviously think God is pretty stupid and will fall for something like that. Actually, they don't "think" that because you're not supposed to think. you got to "have faith" to believe something that stupid. Faith is the belief in something that has no basis in logic or reason.

The bottom line is, Christianity is about the fear of going to Hell. They say it's about "love" to, but hey, people who love you don't torture you in Hell forever, so I'm not buying the "he loves you" crap. And even though God created the universe, he's just not very good with money, and he needs you to give him your cash. God was a lot more out there in ancient times than he is today. God likes to work behind the screens, being the invisible guy in the sky, and let the churches do his work. He doesn't talk directly, so he need babbling nut cases to speak for him, (in tongues), with another nut case interpreting it. God is rather impotent these days and is authority seems to be limited to getting even with you after you're dead. So God needs his army of Christian Soldiers to do his work for him.

Christianity's Self Righteousness, Moral superiority, and Mutual Ego Masturbation

Spoiler:
    Christian culture is rooted in the belief that you're better than everyone else. That because Christians are forgiven, they are "washed in the blood of the lamb". They are chosen, going to Heaven, while the rest of us are going to burn in Hell. Christians are "morally superior" to the rest of us because "God is on their side" and the rest of us are "tools of Satan" we are "unclean" and we are "evil" while they are "clean" and "good". They believe the bottom line is, "we're good, they're evil" and therefore the rest of us are below subhuman heathens. And they will tell you this to your face. And it's ok if they do it, but is someone says that "Christianity is a cult for weak minded people" -- My God! You're persecuting Christ!

Since Christians are the chosen ones and they speak for God, then what they believe defines what it "moral" and what is "immoral". This having little to do with actual ethics, but there is some overlap. Murder is generally considered a bad thing in all cultures. Atheists and Realists agree with that. But sex is considered immoral outside the context of Christian marriage, an in the case of Catholics, outside the context of reproduction. Sex is not a form of amusement to Catholics and is look upon as a necessary evil to repopulate the planet. Birth control is also considered a sin to many Christian cults. Christian fail to realize that if sex were limited to the context of Christianity, the human race would have become extinct, which would however eliminate sin and keep God from getting pissed off.

Christian go to church mostly for the purpose of reinforcing their beliefs in their own self-righteousness and moral superiority. There they can show off their "faith" in front of their fellow worshipers and participate in cult membership rituals so that they can feel secure that they are an accepted member of their tribe. It allows them to reaffirm their beliefs through mutual ego masturbation, where members reaffirm to each other that they are God's chosen few. People speak in gibberish (tongues) and tell stories of miracles that never happen. It's pretty scary stuff when you realize that these people a really sharing a mass mental illness ritual that is further separating them from the real world and causing them to believe things and behave in ways that have no basis in reality whatsoever.

Another form of Christian Ego Masturbation is the fetus fetish. On the surface Christian portray themselves as "God's righteous army fighting the evil Satan worshipers who are slaughtering innocent little babies that result from their uncontrolled sexual urges." But in reality, Christians don't care about "the baby" and once they get past preventing an abortion, the mother and child are on their own. The real issue behind fighting abortion is that Christians believe that children (bastards) are God's way of punishing women for being sluts. But the Christian Fetus Fetish is also an extension of Christian group sex rituals and an expression of Christian group sexuality as a whole. Christianity is one of the most sexually obsessed religions on the planet. Sexuality permeates Christian rituals.Christians perform a form of sadistic sexual oppression on young girls, waiting for them to sin, and then holding them in public disdain for their sexual evils. It is Satan, after all, who creates "lust in the heart" so Satan represents the incarnation of Christian sexual desire, and pregnancy is God's punishment for allowing Satan to use their bodies for sexual purposes. A teen carrying a baby allows Christians to entertain themselves with a judgment rituals of the girl who can't "hide her shame". Guilt and shame sexual rituals are a big part of Christian culture, and the sensation of moral superiority is very addictive and destructive.

Pregnancy and being a young unwed mother label a woman as a slut and allow her to be used as a judgment object and someone to secretly be lusted after as a "bad girl in the church". They become objects of gossip and contribute much entertainment to the Christian community. Abortion threatens this experience because is allows women to sin without punishment, and thus encourages women to do the Devil's work (have sex) and get away with it. It denies the sexual experience associated with the judgment of the fallen, and the men of the church have no clear way of knowing which young women are sexually active and perhaps available for extramarital activity. So through Abortion, the congregation is denied the opportunity to take advantage of the young girls in their community.

The Abortion issue also gives Christians something to do, something to stand for, to create an identity around and issue. Woman who are pregnant are very vulnerable, especially if they are young. After all, what's a 14 year old pregnant girl going to do? These young girls represent a sexual commodity and abortion turns them back into normal little girls again. But they are an easy target, and Christianity is a religion for lazy believers who don't want to have to work hard to get their moral fix. Therefore picking on little girls becomes an easy job, as compared to ending poverty and feeding the homeless.

Source: Church of Reality

Discuss.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
    Tags:
  2. GrimaH Absurdist

This thread is wrong on so many levels. :sag
    And I'm on just the second paragraph too.

3. Edo Αρχίδια

that is really not what Christianity is about, you are talking about the people and not the religion itself!

this happens a lot with all religions, people tend to accuse religion for the way its followers act!!

don't go far, you only have to look at minigunner...........or Bin Laden!!

4. Link Courage

I think I just came in my pants.

5. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Mutual ego masturbation?

6. mislead it's just Che Guevara

I only read "Christianity" and "Masturbation" from the title, and so came here to remark that you're starting another boring flamewar.

7. Jealousy Addictive Personality

I don't flame. I discuss.

8. Link Courage

Sorting out some of the finer kernels
    Not entirely. This is a holdover from Judaism, and is a feature of many of the major religions.
    I don't usually get beyond the word cult before I'm cut off or shouted down.
    Quite true. The cryptic nature of the bible and it's holier than thou rhetoric makes it easy for someone to use the Christian religion as a tool to fulfill their own personal beliefs.
    Most people have no idea why they go to church. They just do. If asked why, they pause, think hard, pause again, and say "why not?"
    Those with a sense of purpose in their faith go for their salvation... others might go for the sense of community or togetherness.
    This is so true... most Christian's don't give a damn about the child. Not sincerely.
    Also very true. Christianity's take on female sexuality is very demeaning and unfair. Christians flock to these kinds of issues because it allows them to ploy their "holy morality" and these issues don't cost much in effort or resources.

Anything not quoted was trash, I'm not going to bother replying to it.

9. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Although I don't consider the parts you didn't quote to be trash, you do have a point... the things you quoted are by far the more important issues... I'll most likely post more of this later.

10. GrimaH Absurdist

-I think it is instead rooted in the Bible's interpretation of the belief in God.
    -Not really. They're "chosen" based on their actions in their life.
    -Only bigotic idiots say that :sag (with the exception of Minigunner who is always right)

-They aren't the chosen ones. :sag
    -They don't really claim to speak for God. :sag
    -I don't have sufficient knowledge to confidently go against the latter part of this.

-Church is overrated, many Christians recognise that.
    -I'm getting this strong feeling that you're just ranting.
    -I can tell you, they don't do gibberish stuff and rituals like that. Not the proper Christians, anyway.

You're really overdoing it. :notrust
    Too many assumptions, most of them I can confidently say are unfounded.

I'm sure the ensuing discussion will purely focus on how dumb your rant was.

edit: It wasn't even an original rant eh? Lsag

11. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

lol @ your source, church of reality. i went to their site before and i laughed so fucking hard, thanks for that post

12. Jealousy Addictive Personality

I just wanted people's opinions... never once said I wrote it or even believed it all... If you want I can construct my own rant ;P

EDIT: added moar.

13. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Dude, for people's opinion, you can just look at the existing thread. All that is said here as already been said before...Religious discussions are mental masturbation for both the believer and the atheist sides.

14. GrimaH Absurdist

Best to put this disclaimer right up there at the top of the OP don't you think :wink

If only common test week could be postponed :D:
    I'll leave it to the more accomplished debaters (including many atheists, I'm sure) to tear this rant apart.

More like circumcision without anesthetic to me D:

15. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

this rant is just humorous, this belongs in a funny joke religious theme thread

16. Jealousy Addictive Personality

I concur....

17. Black Wraith <b>The Chosen One</b>

About the Church part. Most Christians that I know have only gone to the Church on weddings, deaths and christening/Baptising, all the other times no-one goes. Plus there's a Church opposite my house and no-oe goes (Besides the qardner), not evan the preist.

BTW thanks for the laff, but most of the things you wrote are not about the Christian religion but about the people that distort it.

18. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

GYAAAHHH !!! GO TO HELL FOR BRINGING BAD MEMORIES !!! I remember my circumcision : I was 4 or 5, there was a lot of people around (WTF ?), and they tried to knock me out by making me sniff chloroform or some alcohol, but when he cut, I just remember I screamed, and everything faded to black.

Then I woke up with a painful head and crotch... and a dress... (because pants would have make the pain explode)

Damn you... GrimaH :cry

19. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

t4r0k thats a joke right? LOL poor you

20. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Oh... My... Gawd...

21. GrimaH Absurdist

I thought they circumcise you at 12 :headscrat
    Look on the bright side, sensitivity might take a hit but your stamina rises a lot :nod
    Some anesthetic though. Must have hurt :sag

22. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

No, it isn't. For medical reasons, I couldn't be circumcised as a baby.

My nephew got his done a few days ago. He's only 3 month old, so he won't remember.

Lol, my life story about my wee just raped this thread !!!

23. Edo Αρχίδια

LMAO..sorry but can't help but laugh....why did they wait till you were 4 or 5 though??!!

24. drache who's afraid ofa big bad wolf?

While I'm sure some Christians believe that they are morally superior not all do. One of my best friends is a Christian, another an athesit, and I'm well it's easiest to identify myself as Buddhist but I also hold some of the same tenets as agnostism and Wicca. But the point is we get along fine and in point of fact we've never really had a serious arguement about religion. We've talked about our beliefs but everyone is sequre in who they are.

These people, well I doubt they're sequre in anything other then thier own little world.

25. Black Wraith <b>The Chosen One</b>

I got negged by some ass saying "Islam is a religion of pieces, not peace" and not evan saying who it was, the funny thing is I'm not bashing Christianity.

This post is my opinion after observing the Christians around my area. What was the point of the neg rep?

26. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Ignore them. I'll pos rep you once my limit is up.

27. Black Wraith <b>The Chosen One</b>

Thanks, but it's Ok. I just wanna know who negged me (It's my first!) plus he didn't have much reping power.

28. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Lol, seriously? I've been negged over 30 times...

29. Black Wraith <b>The Chosen One</b>

*looks at Emoxcore's post count*
    WTF how come you got so many for only under 200 posts?

30. Jealousy Addictive Personality

Anti-Sasuke posts in Konoha Library... Must I say more?