1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Chuunin are redefined to me...somewhat

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Darth Judicar, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Ok, Chuunin are ninjas promoted from Genin and are supposedly responsible for leading ninja groups in missions. All the various chapters I've read, mostly the post-timeskip ones, have convinced me that Chuunin are more of the "average, full-fledged ninja". I believe we've only seen one instance where a Chuunin actually leads a mission and that was with a group of Genin. It's unconfirmed whether Genin are permitted to take part in Chuunin missions as the circumstances in which Shikamaru was in forced him a team of Genin. It seems to me that Chuunin are the average ninja of all the ninja ranks that make the system.

Genin are still in training basically, as they're fresh from the Academy and still learning. Jounin are the elite ninja who seem to strike me now as the "better than average Chuunin" and have proven their strength and skills beyond average Chuunin levels. This leads me to the very simple point that Chuunin seem to be the average ninja that's no longer a inexperienced ninja and can be trusted to go on missions with Jounin and other Chuunin. I'm not saying that Chuunin can go on any mission with Jounin, as it's been stated there are indeed missions strictly for the Jounin level only. It just seems they can go on some if level appropiate as we've seen Chuunin still going on missions with their old senseis, notably the recent Team Kurenai and Team Asuma.

I see as Chuunin making up the bulk of their village's ninja force and are usually looked to for most missions. Of course, as I said earlier, it seems if the Chuunin proves his or her capacity is beyond the average level, he will get promoted to Jounin, the elite level. I hope this doesn't strike anyone as old information or such, but I really have trouble with the known fact that Chuunin are simple leaders of squads and maybe teaching at the Academy. Their duties have to go beyond that and I've attempted to discover them.

Tags:
  2. DKFize RaijinKen

Well, I believe it is true that Chuunin are basically just average ninjas, which would explain the casual group leaders of lower class squads and being teachers at the Academy. Kinda shows you how special the Konoha 12 is doesn't it? Well..10 I suppose since Naruto and Sasuke aren't Chuunin, but they would be.

3. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Yeah, they most likely are Chuunin level now, to me anyway.

4. icoselitham Lost

So this means Naruto is still below average. He needs to go back to the academy.

5. Dyroness x

Awesome, I hope they have academies of the sort for Sasuke also in Otogakure.