1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Chuunin Exam: 14 Captains

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Insipidipity, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Sure, they're cut out to be Shinigami leaders, but could they cut it as Shinobi? Lets add Uruhara as a competitor too. If you want you can add Ichigo and Yoroichi(just to make it an even number of final matches if you think exactly half gets to the end).

Who'd pass the first round(the test) and survive:
    1. the questions
    2. trying to cheat
    3. the last question

And of those, Who'd pass the 2nd test(Forest of Death)
    Only half of them can make it past here, so at most 7 people get through(I doubt 7 would make it though.

And then Who'd win the 3rd?(Main Matches)
    the winners of the first 3 fights, then the winner overall.

And finally, after watching all the fights, who would Sandaime or whoever's watching pick to be Chuunin?

Tags:
  2. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Contenders: 13 Captains and Ichigo, Urahara, Yorouchi

The Question Part:
    Survive: Yamamoto - Aizen (smart), Yorouchi - Soi Fong (quick cheating movement undetected), Gin (obviously), Byakuya (too noble to cheat but cheating anyway), Shunsui (sleep until the time is over, unlike Naruto, this man knows the trick), Zaraki (who dare not to pass him), Hitsugaya, Uruhara, Unohana

Eliminated: Mayuri (freak out), Ichigo (too innocent to cheat), Tousen (how can a blind man cheating and read questions???), Komamura (can't cheat because of his mask).

Forest of Death
    From 11 survivors, at least 5 people will survive
    Yamamoto, Gin, Urahara, Byakuya, Yoruchi

Main Match
    Winning: Yamamoto, Urahara, Byakuya
    Chosen as Chuunin: Urahara ONLY

3. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Ok, those seemed like reasoned out choices, but why is Gin obvious? Because they can't see his eyes lookin on other papers?

4. FireEel is infected by ponies.

Sorry to be a thread digger but this one really cracks me up, esp the part about Tousen being unable to cheat and Konamura with mask.

5. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Aizen, makes everyone belive that he is sitting quiet while he is walking around and reading other people answers.

6. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Why do they pass?

7. C?k --------

8. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Yamamoto, Aizen, and Urahara I can see getting through the questions (or cheating) without problem. But I'm also of the firm belief that those three know everything (or nearly so) there is to know. :p Gin gets through; he seems pretty damn sneaky. Mayuri also on sheer creepy abilities (though he may have the intelligence too). Soi heads covert ops, so she can probably cheat and not be noticed. Unohana... I don't know enough about her either way, but she seems pretty formidable, and I tend to equate medical skills with intelligence often. Oops. ^_^;; So I'll let her through.

Byakuya wouldn't cheat, I think. But I doubt he'd give up at the end either, so he'd be through on the last question. Same with Shunsui, though in his case it's more because he wouldn't wake up to quit.

Ukitake I think would probably not show up, considering how sick he is. No way is Kenpachi getting through, no matter how scary he is. :amuse Neither Komamura or Tousen for the reasons given by cinosweiv. Hitsugaya would probably be too hotheaded to not be noticed cheating... and I don't see him as having been able to have as much knowledge as the others due to his age.

Passing: Yamamoto, Aizen, Urahara, Gin, Soi, Mayuri, Unohana, Byakuya, Shunsui.

Second Test: Aizen, Urahara, and Yamamoto definitely. Byakuya likely. Gin, especially if he can team up with Aizen... Shunsui I can't see putting the effort into it.

Third Test: Depends on who fights who. Aizen, Urahara, and Yamamoto. Unless two of them have to fight one another... in which case replace one with Byakuya. Aizen or Urahara overall, just because.

Made Chuunin? Well, they've all got the leadership skills necessary considering that they're captains. =/ So probably all involved in the third test, with the possible exception of Byakuya due to his "oh noes! must follow the law at all costs!" complex.

9. Wrath Mourning

The problem with this is with the first test. That's the only one that's interesting here, but you can pass it if you just keep on going. Only a few of them would be able to know the answers or cheat, but they can all go through if they just wait, and it's not like any of them are likely to give up, so the only way for them to really go out is if they try to cheat and get caught.

10. Obivously Tousen should get a test in braillel. Otherwise he would get rich from a lawsuit against Konoha

11. Yak on a Forums Break

Okay, here is my post. Beware, it's rather long and detailed.

This is what I believe would happen:

1. Test

Yamamoto, Ukitake and Shunsui pass. They?re practically old geezers even though they might not look like it. Yamamoto is an old friend with the now dead Sarutobi, so he got the answers to the questions and handed a copy to Ukitake and Shunsui even though they would?ve surely passed the test on their own.

Aizen passes by using his shikai on the examiner. Tousen passes simply for being the first potential black shinobi in history of Konoha. Gin did recently read a Star Trek novel with captain James T. Kirk in it and liked the idea of what he did in the Kobayashi Maru-test. He quickly sneaked into Center 46, killed everyone there and manipulated the test questions for his exam - pass.

Unohana, Hitsugaya and Mayuri as well as Urahara pass the test for actually knowing the answers. They seem to belong to the smarter guys. And girls.

Soi Fong and Yoruichi ARE the only ones to be considered ?shinobi? in Bleach so this test is pancake for them. Ichigo fails for being to innocent to cheat. Plus he failed the ?take question 10 or go? question.

Komamura cheated. He had a small copy with the answers from Yamamoto under his mask. Pass.

Byakuya was to proud for cheating and almost failed but he bought his answers from Kusajishi Yachiru.

Zaraki Kenpachi failed. He thinks tests are annoying and a waste of time, though he had prepared several plans for obtaining the answers. The first one was to bribe the examiners with a ?beautiful woman?, played by a Yumichika in disguise. The second plan was to have a bet with examiner on who could get stabbed the most without screaming, which he would?ve won for sure. By winning the bet he could?ve picked his seat right next to Mayuri and scare him a bit until he could peek on the answers. The final plan (on which he decided) was Yachiru (she?s rather small, you know) crawling around under the desks and peek on the answers here and there. She actually had all the solutions but unfortunately stopped by at Kuchiki Byakuya?s desk. He simply sold her a bag full of candy for the answers. If you know ?The assassin in the Kuchiki house? then you should realise that this would work.

2. Test

Even though being disqualified, Zaraki Kenpachi absolved the second test first, simply for fun. He managed to get to the tower with two different scrolls after just two minutes after entering the forest of death. On his way he obliterated Ukitake?s group which was fortunately lead by some representatives because Juushirou called in sick again. First having some problems with direction, he decided to simply slash his way through the trees until he could see the tower. He even pulled a Gaara with a new top time and got there completely unscratched. Too bad he was already disqualified.

Unohana failed because she couldn?t get over herself and attack someone for a scroll. Hitsugaya failed because he was to slow. Short legs, you know? (Remember? He couldn?t even catch Kira in Center 46 :laugh ) Mayuri failed, too. He found some of the deadly Konoha slugs and decided to experiment on them. He eventually run out of time and blamed his entire division, obliterating half of it as a punishment with the slug-poison. The Aizen-pack passed (Sousuke with Gin who is rather sneaky and the blind Tousen who is perfect because he doesn?t rely on his eyes and mainly on his other senses, so they managed to detect enemies quickly and grabbed a scroll).

Yamamoto passed, being an old friend of Sarutobi he knew the track and got to the tower just one minute after Kenpachi. So he was basically the first. Ukitake failed because he called in sick and his team of representatives was obliterated by Ken-chan.

Shunsui failed because he was hunting for the girls. He couldn?t find Soi Fong but Unohana but she didn?t want to make out with the desperate guy so she injected some tranquillizers.

Soi Fong passed and got there right after Yamamoto. She was the sneakiest of them all, the cameras didn?t even get a glimpse of her.

Byakuya got to the tower with the two different scrolls right after Soi Fong but only because he was to careful not making his clothes dirty. That?s not good for a noble.

Komamura failed because he lost the track of Yamamoto and unfortunately stepped in a trap set up by the Aizen-pack. That bastard Tousen didn?t even apologize to him!

Yoruichi failed because she was screwing Urahara. Time out. Urahara failed.. well, for obvious reasons. First, he?s the joker of the series so it?s not good to have him bath in his own awesomeness all the time and second, can?t resist a kitty in heat, you know?

3. Test ? The finals!

The fights are set up as followed:

Kuchiki Byakuya VS Soi Fong

Yamamoto Genryuusai VS Aizen Sousuke

Ichimaru Gin VS Tousen Kaname

Winner first round:

Soi Fong for being faster than Kuchiki Byakuya and hitting him two times at the same spot with her shikai. Win by killing the opponent

Aizen Sousuke winning by pulling out a Bankai that is beyond to be described. But it was a close one, Yamamoto almost won the match.

Ichimaru Gin wins because.... shh! That?s still a secret. I can?t tell you exactly but the fight had some wacky things going on between them so Tousen should be glad to be blind.

Fights second round are set up the following (remember, it?s all set up random by the computer!):

Gin being lucky and getting straight to the finals. Plus his fight with Tousen was full of wacky mindplaying and stuff, something that is more appealing to shinobi than raw violence.

That leaves Aizen Sousuke VS Soi Fong

Winner is Aizen for a) being an evil bishie, b) using his shikai and trapping Soi Fong in a lez-smex fantasy with Yoruichi. Stabbing her after that was childplay.

Finals!

Ichimaru Gin VS Aizen Sousuke

Winner: I don?t think you want to know...

12. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

awesome on so many levels. I have to write a huge thing now too.

13. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

I didn't really take any interest in this part of the forum until the other day with the Renji vs. Shuuhei one, but now this one looks like fun. :laugh

Soooo...

Written Exam:

Pass:

Yamamoto -- Old and knowledgeable. Probably too honorable to cheat, but hey, he probably wouldn't need to
    Shunsui -- Maybe not sleep through the test, but he'd probably know some of the answers anyway. He's not an idiot, after all. Just reluctant to be violent
    Ukitake -- Again, not an idiot, and pretty old. Plus he seems pretty clever, and probably enough to cheat subtley enough to pass
    Soi Fon -- Easy pass. She's head of the Special Ops Corps. She's little and sneaky as all hell. :laugh
    Yoruichi -- See Soi Fon, only even easier.
    Unohana -- She seems smart enough to pass. It's hard for me to see Unohana not passing an exam.
    Aizen -- Uber sneaky, if I may say so myself, and smart. I say this is cake for him.
    Byakuya -- Even if he wouldn't cheat, I think he'd pass. He seems pretty smart to me.
    Gin -- Smart and sneaky.
    Hitsugaya -- I think he'd pass. He seems pretty smart. And even though he's mostly honorable, he has a knack for sneaking around and investigating suspicious circumstances. Plus, he seems to me to be the type to at least wait it out for the tenth question, just to see.
    Urahara -- I say that's a given. He was head of the research department and he's sneaky. I say sneakier than Aizen.
    Kenpachi -- I'm figuring that Yachiru will still be attached to Kenpachi no matter what. I'm thinking of a Kiba/Akamaru type deal.
    Ichigo -- I know, I know...He's too honest to cheat. I know that. But who says he's dumb enough to not be able to answer any of the questions? Or that he wouldn't pull a Naruto and try at the last question?
    Tousen -- Even though he is not provided with a braille test, he waits it out to the tenth question.
    Komamura -- Same as Tousen

Fail:

Mayuri -- Disqualified based on loud outbursts at the simplicity of the questions.

Forest of Death:

Kenpachi gets his second scroll from Unohana, but gets there last because he listens to Yachiru-chan's directions. Yoruichi and Soi Fon have no issues stealing scrolls (Yoruichi from Urahara, Soi Fon from Komamura). Ichigo pwns Byakuya again, with unwanted help from Shirosaki, and steals his scroll. Aizen takes Gin and Tousen's scrolls. Yamamoto takes Ukitake's scroll. Shunsui decides he's bored and gives his to Hitsugaya

Pass list: Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Ichigo, Aizen, Yamamoto, Hitsugaya
    Fail list: Unohana, Urahara, Tousen, Byakuya, Komamura, Ukitake, Shunsui, Gin

Final Exam

Matches:

Round One:

Ichigo vs. Kenpachi -- Kenpachi had Yachiru rig the draw box

Yoruichi vs. Soi Fon -- Yoruichi let Soi Fon get Yachiru to rig the draw box

Aizen vs. Hitsugaya -- Actual dumb luck. Aizen wins and goes on to a second round one match:

Aizen vs. Yamamoto -- Again, luck of the draw that Aizen fought twice.

Round Two:

Ichigo vs. Yoruichi -- Yoruichi starts to win first, but Shirosaki pulls another crazy ass appearance and kicks her ass. Ichigo is not happy about that

Final Round

Aizen vs. Ichigo -- Ichigo tries and fails abysmally. Aizen wins.

Kage's Final Review

After the smallest and most confusing Chuunin Exam on record, it is decided that all the original candidates had the potential to be chuunin.

However, being limited by the rules of the Chuunin Exam, the hosting Kages decide to accept all but Aizen and Kenpachi. Aizen because of his selfish ambitions, and Kenpachi because he's too damn dangerous.

On further inspection, they realize that Yamamoto was only taking the exam for kicks, and had already been declared a jounin at some point in the past. The Kages are pissed, but they can't find any way to recitfy the problem without going through this headache of a Chuunin Exam again.

...Yeah, I know...Most non-sensical crap ever. :laugh I love my Ichigo too much to let him fail completely.