1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Citrus

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Lew, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lew Moderator

Studio: Passione

Synopsis on MAL
    Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother's remarriage a bit differently; she didn't know it'd be an ultra-strict and conservative girls' school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new stepsister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.

PV2

PV1

Number of episodes: ?

Starts airing: 6th January

Source: Manga

Genres: Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo Ai

Main Cast
    Aihara, Yuzu voiced by Taketatsu, Ayana
    Aihara, Mei voiced by Tsuda, Minami

Staff
    Director: Takahashi, Takeo
    Character design/Chief Animator: Ijuuin, Izuro
    Music: Takahashi, Ryo
    Series Composition: Hayashi, Naoki

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Lew Moderator

I'm not sure what to expect from this. The director from what I can see hasn't done anything note worthy and there's two complete noobs on the staff. Though it does have some big seiyuus. I'll give it a try.

3. Priscilla

it better not be 9 minutes like the last yuri :ufdup

4. Araragi no tricks no gimmicks Moderator

The last yuri I dropped the first ep so idk about this one. We’ll see how things go :dead

5. Mider T VM Rapist

I'm in.

6. Felt ベストガール Administrator

I really enjoyed the manga, even if it was slow in places. I expect this will cover the whole manga if it's full length eps.

7. dave07 New Member

yuri anime of the season check :druul anyone has idea abt content is it good ?:umarulove

8. Felt ベストガール Administrator

I read the manga and really enjoyed it, won't say too much about plot because it might spoil it :blobmelt

9. Felt ベストガール Administrator

First ep was enjoyable, the animation is really nice. Has plenty of funny moments as well.

10. Lew Moderator

Yeah a nice first episode. Nothing special but the animation was good and the character designs are quite nice as well.

11. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Literally just watching this because it's yuri... But I've yet to see a good yuri anime, so I don't have high hopes for this.

So far, the plot seems extremely dumb, and I feel like everything is just too contrived. How did Yuzu's mother marry someone and then was okay with her new husband leaving the country for six months? Also, how is it that she got married, and yet never had her daughter meet the new husband or the new stepdaughter? How did Yuzu know absolutely nothing about her new family until the day she moved into the new apartment?

And the plot from here on just seems very predictable. I'm guessing that Mei is being forced into a marriage with that teacher, and then eventually she's going to fall in love with Yuzu, and Yuzu is going to make her realize that she doesn't have to accept her oppressive family's wishes, and the two of them are going to rebel against the marriage and blah blah blah... Hopefully I'm wrong, but that seems like the direction this show is heading in.

But the animation and art is pretty good, and I like the two main characters, so I guess I'll keep watching.

12. Lew Moderator

With anime like this, I kinda just ignore the plot because like you said it's just predictable and stupid. I care if the characters themselves can carry such a story.

13. Weiss dog = god

14. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

The animation is good and the main girl actually seems to deal with romance and sex in a more realistic way. Like she's naiive but determined not to seem naiive. And they're taking their time looking closely at each characters steadily rather than rushing to introduce a whole bunch of minor characters.

But then it really is predictable. Like the minute I heard the president was engaged, it was obviously going to be to the handsome teacher and he was obviously going to be an abusive dick so that the yuri could be moral. I guess there's some dramatic irony given that the main character isn't getting things that the audience is. Like the president kissing her forcibly to show that that's what her kiss was like.

@Drake Yeah, the stepsiblings thing was dumb. It might have made more sense if the mother was moving in with a new long-distance boyfriend than if they were actually married.

15. Hit The Badass Well-Known Member

This is one of the most popular manga in yuri genre.

But it's either a miss or hit.

I don't mind it

16. Hit The Badass Well-Known Member

Yo! You watch this stuff too? :mikebatman

17. Hit The Badass Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a disappointment

18. Priscilla

19. Hit The Badass Well-Known Member

The manga of Netsuzo Trap? I have read only read that one. I skipped the anime.

But the manga is meh too.

20. Priscilla

Yea... i was reading the manga solely for the Yuri scenes .. i couldn't care less who breaks with who and who kills who

21. Lew Moderator

Watched the 2nd ep yesterday. Still not really sure what to think about this show. It's interesting enough and I like the main girl so I'll keep watching. Also yuri, the yuri.

22. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I still find it weird how Mei's default reaction to stress or anger is to commit sexual assault, though.