1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Akihabara TV channel is hosting a banner contest in Contest Central. Submit an entry for the chance to receive art points here!

Deadline is July 7th 10 PM UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Class 1-A's first hero/heroes to break into the Top 10 Hero Billboard Chart

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Sir Curlyhat, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the very first wave. We know that the rankings are listed twice a year

so if for example Kaminari breaks the top 10 in the first half, and Tsuyu does in the second half, Tsuyu does not count for the first wave of heroes to break the top 10.

We learned that Hawk is the youngest Hero to reach Top 10 status by the age of 18, in the second half of that years Billboard Charts.

Will anyone from 1-A break Hawks record ? Who will be the first hero/group of heroes to break into the top 10 of a Hero Billboard Chart from 1-A ? Also at what age do you think he/she/they will earn this achievement ?

Tags:
  2. Singulrality I have achieved intelligence!

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, , Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland
    Catdank Faction:
    I feel that maybe Todo or Baku will be the first to reach the top ten.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

Pretty much my first thought was this as well. I think that either one of them, or both of them at the same time making the top 10 is the most likely outcome.

4. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I think Todoroki has a much easier time especially if Endeavor gets his popularity numbers up.

Baku though is a jackass so since Approval Rating matters that is probably not going to help him.

5. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I thought about that too, but if Endeavor can get himself to be the 4th when it comes to Approval Ratings alone, i don't think this will end up being that huge of a factor in holding Bakugou back. But who knows, maybe Horikoshi makes it play out like that at first to further motivate Bakugo to work on that. We've seen this in the latest chapter

So maybe he makes Bakugo be the 11th, just out of the top 10, and has it be mentioned that he would have been easy top 10 material with a decent approval rating.

6. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well the question is first to break in right? So I am not saying Bakugou can never do it, I think he will. Deku, Todo, and Baku will definitely be Top 5. Just that Bakugou, personality and low likeability is not going to do him favors in being a Hawk and getting in First since approval ratings seem pretty important.

Ergo Todoroki has the easiest time cause he has got Nepotism and he doesn't have a disagreeable personality.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  7. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

You find Hawks personality to be agreeable ? I'm not convinced that he's not an example of someone getting high approval ratings while being a douche. But yeah, we are pretty much in agreement in regards to Horikoshi potentially using the approval rating to hold back Bakugo initially.

8. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Eh Hawks it is hard to get a read. We have only seen him in one issue. But do I think Hawks ever bullied someone like Bakugo did to Deku....yeah no. Hawks reads more cool and aloof and someone who wants to keep it Real not out and out Bully. I mean he is clearly not to proud to ask Endeavor for help...do you see Bakugo doing that at this point?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  9. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Well Endeavor did thing worse than school bullying. He still become number two and then number one. And again Bakugou isn't worst case of school bully. He already changed quite a bit.
    He will probably do it in his own unique manner, but why not, he did accept help earlier.

10. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Again the question is who breaks in first...I am saying Bakugou has a lot of flaws that make it unlikely he beats Todo or Deku into the Top 10.

11. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

And from the way narration logic is going, he will beat them, at least temporarily.

12. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Horikoshi might use the fact that he has these flaws that make it more difficult for him to make the top 10 very fast, to further hype his achievement. For example it could be that both him and Todoroki make it, but he get's that extra bit of hype by making it in spite of his personality holding back his approval rating.

13. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

Mark this post. Tsuyu will be in the first wave to crack top 10

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

Bakugou will crack the top 10 1st, he’ll pave the way for his peers.

15. LightningBlader The Yellow Flash–Flee on Sight

Ultimately to get surpassed by Deku which will enrage him.

16. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

The end of the second fight between him and Deku pretty much says he will accept it, when the time comes.

17. LightningBlader The Yellow Flash–Flee on Sight

Yes, but this still is Bakugo we’re talking about.

18. Skaddix Well-Known Member

19. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

When this happens not only would he accept it, but he’ll probably welcome the challenge to surpass All Mights successor.

20. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Bakugou will be the Vegeta to Deku's Goku.

21. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I think by the end of it all Bakugo will distance himself from the idea that he's another Vegeta, the way he did from the one that he's another Sasuke.

We've already seen Bakugo giving Deku tips on how to get stronger, and he's trying to make sure that Deku doesn't fall behind, since we've seen him questioning his progress after the Overhaul arc. Instead of just being focused on surpassing Deku, Bakugo also seems to give great importance now to Deku not disappointing, and becoming as strong as it's expected for All Mights successor to be. It's probably because he was chosen by the man he admires so much, and because it's only through Deku that the same power he admired so much can still live on, that he wants Deku to live up to whatever All Might saw in him.

It's actually somewhat funny how their current dynamic works out. Bakugo asks of Deku to become strong enough to beat him, because that's expected of All Might's successor, while striving himself to become someone that neither Deku nor anyone else can defeat. Someone who can always win no matter what, win like All Might used to. Maybe it's partially why All Might was happy with their newborn "true rivalry". It's one that's meant to always push them to new heights, because there's no satisfying outcome that could lead to complacement from the two them.

22. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

There are signs that Bakugou will become Deku's partner. Like Gran Torino was for All Might.

23. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Bakugou is gonna go evil futher on in life the second All Might passes away and he'll have no way to see Deku as a friend without Toshi's blessing.

24. Kor Well-Known Member

I believe the Sports Festival is foreshadowing for who will break Top 10/reach #1 first.

Deku will reach #1, already has his provisional license and had his first public villain battle with Overhaul. Todoroki and Bakugou are behind him and have yet to get their provisionals.(Deku suddenly takes the lead after being behind during the Sports Race)

After they get their licenses, Todoroki will surpass Deku and take #1, holding it until Bakugou breaks the Top 10 and snatches it from him.

With Ida, Todoroki managed to take the #1 spot from Deku who almost hanged on to it and then in the last round Bakugou manages to beat Todoroki, but the former wasn’t taking it seriously and Bakugou effectively became #1 by default like Endeavor.

And then the whole ranking system crumbles EoS as Deku and co change the way hero society works.

25. Yak Well-Known Member

First wave:

Deku, Momo, Tsuyu

Second wave:

Todoroki, Bakugou, Iida
    (honorable mention, Tokoyami)