1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Clayface vs Gaara

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Fang, May 30, 2007.

1. Fang Titan

No restrictions, who takes this fight in the middle of the Sunagakura desert?

Tags:
  2. Fuujin ̣

Clayface, I just don't see how Gaara can possibly do anything to him

3. masamune1 Crouching Tiger

And what, pray tell, can Clayface do to Gaara?
    At best, it would be a stalemate.

Although, in truth, Gaara would probably win. For example, he can squish Clayface and trap the pieces in various rock-hard sand-box (just to be imaginative), and then do whatever he wants to the supervillain.
    I think, however, that Gaara's Sand-control was said to be a variation of Earth-style jutsu. If true, Clayface has well and truly lost, since Gaara could (in theory) manipulate his body with Chakra, effectively controlling him.

4. Sylar Sovereign Slayer

Seriously.

:wink

5. Fuujin ̣

That's only in theory. Gaara would run out of chakra with enough time and clayface would keep going and going (assuming Gaara doesn't whip out Shukaku powers)

Gaara would run out of strength and this is when Clayface would strike.

6. Fang Titan

Clayface has superhuman strength and durability. And he isn't made out of sand or earth properties to begin with, as any of his incarnations were all normal humans that used genetics or science to create themselves.

That could effectively eliminate any sort of control Gaara could use over him.

7. Lord Snow MOAR Kittens

(Karlo, Fuller) Shape-shifting, body made out of mud.
    (Hagen) Temporary shape-shifting, voice-shifting, body constituted by living mud, which he can divided or change tone at will.
    (Payne) Superstrength from exo-skeleton, melting people.

Either way Clayface would win because Gaara can`t do anything to take him out all Clayface has to do is wait Gaara out and strike when he his fatigued.

8. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Nah, it never said that. Just the opposite, actually. During the Kimmimaro fight, it was explained that Gaara can create sand by using his chakra to crush up rocks and earth. This is different from an earth-element jutsu. There is no reason to believe that Gaara can control any type of earth other than sand. Though maybe he could crush Clayface into sand? I'm not a big enough Bat-fan to know.

9. masamune1 Crouching Tiger

I thought I heard someone say Yamoto or Kakashi mentioning it.

Does'nt matter, though. Gaara still has more than enough power to win.
    He can tear the landscape apart, and bury Clayface.

Gaara certainly won't be becoming exhausted, though. If he thinks he can't do anything to Clayface, then he would just stay still and not use any of his energy. He does'nt have to get exhausted- in fact, since we're in Sunagakure, his own home, he can do anything he want's in that time (whilst Clayface is a stranger trying to kill their Kage).

I really don't think Clayface has the patience to "wait Gaara out", since he's never struck me as the patient type. In fact, since he's in a desert, waiting would be suicide, since the seering heat is going to make him hard as a rock.
    He won't be able to do a thing.

10. Fang Titan

Clayface has on several times been destroyed to the molecular level and regenerated. Gaara attempting to use pressure to destroy him is laughable.

11. masamune1 Crouching Tiger

Clayface having anything that would get passed Gaara's automatic defence is laughable.

If this fight's to the death, then I'll concede a stalemate, because there's nothing either can do to harm the other (even if Gaara's exhausted, his shield will still work). Otherwise Gaara wins, because Clayface can do nothing to Gaara, but Gaara can do many horrible things to him (even if he can't kill him).

12. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

The original Clayface Karlo, Hagen, and Claything (Payne and the female Clayface's child, Cassius) are non-threats. They are fighting Gaara in a desert. He can just bury them under so much sand that he wins by ring-out/count-out. Killing them is impossible, but he can win.

There was a woman Clayface, who I believe had the power to mimic anyone else's power after shape-changing to mimic them, but even if she can copy powers perfectly she can't copy Gaara's experience, and she is apparently human enough in her anatomy that she can be drugged (same for her lover Payne), so Gaara probably can kill her.