1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Cloud[Advent Children] vs. Kirin[666Satan]

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Wobbly, May 29, 2007.

1. Wobbly Active Member

List of Kirin's feats.

Setting is a general city street.
    Kirin still has his sword.
    Cloud has no materia except a fully mastered Double Cut.

Who wins?

Tags:
  2. Shuntensatsu Fanboy Exterminator

In another thread it was established that Kirin is FTL so I guess he wins quite easily.

3. Wobbly Active Member

Kirin's not faster than light. :S

Who the hell came up with that conclusion?

4. Shuntensatsu Fanboy Exterminator

Go check the Zoro vs Kirin thread in the manga/anime battledome.

I am not insane so I don't think he is, but a few people in that thread seem to believe 666 characters are FTL.

5. Goodfellow .

Actually, it was pretty quickly established that he is in fact not FTL, in a thread different from that one:oh

he is really speedy though, especially when he goes all out with that eye (have you guys read the latest chapters:oh?). I'd guess he'd be able to start matching a jet:laugh

Anyway, horrible curbstomp in favor of Kirin. Chop Chop Chop.

6. Birkin Banned

How many chapters of 666 Satan are out? I might consider reading it.

7. Dio Brando MADAO

68 I think. Its monthly so the chapters are long.

On topic: I see Kirin winning but it won't be easy

8. Shuntensatsu Fanboy Exterminator

^ 69 came out last week.

And yes Goku you should read it. Definitely superior to Naruto or Bleach imo.

Back to what the thread is really about though, I do think Kirin takes this fight with relative ease. My earlier post was just to attempt to put an end to the crazy talk of anyone in 666 being FTL which is just complete and utter bullshit.

9. Wobbly Active Member

Actually, I disagree, because AC Cloud's speed with his sword is amazing, plus since he has a mastered Double Cut materia, he's basically able to cut four times faster than what was shown in the movie.(mastered means you cut 4x instead of 2x)

Also, his jumping ability and agility are easily on par with Kirin.

The real advantages that Kirin has are his dodging speed and his h4x third eye. It's his foot speed that's fast, not his sword speed. Also, his third eye can only be used for so long before it starts to fatigue.

In a straight up sword duel, Kirin would lose, but with his third eye, he might be able to slow down Cloud's sword(s) enough to get past it.

10. Goodfellow .

Fact is that he quite likly wouldn't slow down Cloud. He'd disarm him (or giving him one helluva ride). If a cyclops were able to code Tricky (Ball's AT), then quite likly, Kirin would be able to code Cloud's swords, thus giving him one heck of a ride if he tried to hold on to that Sword (the eye's ability does not seem to be hindered in any way by the laws of physics:neutral)

11. Wobbly Active Member

So far, both Kirin and Tsubame have only shown to be able to divert incoming objects towards a different path than they've originally gone, or move inanimate objects that were previously immobile.

It's feasible that they could also code objects to move slower than normal.

I have no doubt that Kirin would be able to code Cloud's swords to a slow enough speed to be able to counter him, or just simply divert the strikes, but the question is how slow would Kirin would be able to make Cloud's swords move? How well would he be able to divert Cloud's sword strikes?

12. Goodfellow .

Why make him slow when he can make him fast? A sword is no good if it's thrown away:oh

13. Wobbly Active Member

If Kirin makes the swords move too fast for Cloud to hold on to them, he could end up killing himself with his own ability....

14. Goodfellow .

Yeah, except for the fact that he controlls the exact way they are supposed to move.

15. Wobbly Active Member

Firstly, the Cyclops' eye has yet to show that kind of sophistication with the programming they can do. We've really only seen simple "move out the way", "go a different direction", and "move forward" type of commands.

Secondly, the Cyclops eye has only shown to be able to program objects that are fairly close to them. It's not certain if Kirin can program his will into Cloud's swords from any real distance. The only certainty is that Kirin would likely have to be within no more than ten or so meters away to use his ability.

Thirdly, if Cloud has to be fairly close for Kirin to use his ability, that might be trouble for Kirin when he has to deal with Cloud's sword speed. If he attacks fast enough, Kirin might not have an opportunity to program his will into the swords in time. This is especially true if one considers that Cloud has a mastered Double Cut materia. Remember, with that materia he can attack with four times the already fantastic speed he showed in AC.

Also, the eye does fatigue.

Plus Cloud has more than one sword, so losing one won't take him out of the fight. In addition, he's fast and agile enough to jump or dash to his lost sword in time anyway.

16. Goodfellow .

Exactly. That's how he steers it. It would've been a bugger to cut through Kujaku otherwise eh?

And programing obejcts close to him? This is a swordsfight, I doubt range will have any serious effect on how this battle proceeds. Once the sword is out of the picture, it's out of the picture.

And let's not forget, even without an eye Kirin is still fast, it's kinda hard to compare a manga character and a anime/game one, but considering the fact that Kirin was 1, Reputated as untouchable, 2, Shown several instances of great speed and 3, Shown more than exellent dodging skills (for instance versus Beelzebub) I think it's fairly safe to say that he'd be able to keep up with Cloud.

Also, if I remember correctly, those extra swords Cloud have, they are either stocked in the first sword or in his bike, meaning that if he loses the first one, he'll probably lose all of them (besides, the cyclop's eye does not seem to have any problem with affecting several items at once).

17. Wobbly Active Member

I was just refuting this claim....

Not at all.

Once the sword's out of the picture, Cloud is fast enough to retrieve it. More than once, in AC, he jumped and dashed across dozens of meters instantly. His vertical and horizontal leaps when fighting are not slow by any means.

Cloud was nearly as untouchable in AC as well, and Sephiroth only managed two hits(one a kick) against Cloud out of all of those sword strikes that they threw at each other. The other stab that Sephiroth managed to get was when Cloud was just sitting there recovering from the initial kick.

Keep in mind that Cloud's also blocked and dodged bullets. Cloud's dodging and speed skill are easily on part with Kirin's.

The main advantage that Kirin has over him is his Cyclops eye.
    Nope, he also kept them attached to his back with a leather scabbard.

It was only when fighting Sephiroth that he merged all of them together.

18. Goodfellow .

Well it seems like I said something else eh?

Depending on the terrain that might become a long walk:oh
    Especially considering he'll be hunted by Kirin while this is happening.

Meaning we both accept that the combatants are fairly evenly matched

Considering there are O-Parts in the shape of guns, not to mention other O-parts with firearm tendencies, I think it's fairly safe to say that Kirin is more than capable of doing the same thing.

Pointless to argue about that.

I stand corrected:nod

Anyway, I still think the eye will give kirin the extra edge to win over Cloud. I mean, when Kirin is using it seriously it's like Clouds limit break (although I personally thinks it's superior). Just look what it did to the Kujaku's ultimate devil form.