1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by demonixi, Jun 3, 2007.

1. demonixi

If you haven't seen the movie Akira, don't click.:p

Spoiler:
    I'll start with naruto and sasuke, they are the same as the two main characters in Akira, read on.

* Shotaro Kaneda(naruto) -- a teenage deliquent and the leader of a motorycle gang (known as The Capsules, but this is not evident in the manga). Kaneda's gang includes his best friend Tetsuo Shima, his aide de camp Yamagata, and their pal Kaisuke. Kaneda's close friendship with Tetsuo drastically changes over the course of the story as Tetsuo begins to display his immense psychic powers and thus becomes increasingly emotionally unstable.(cursed seal/itachi) Kaneda is the main protagonist of Akira.

* Tetsuo Shima(sasuke -- Kaneda's best friend and a member of Kaneda's gang. He is involved in an accident(gets bitten by orichimaru) at a very beginning of the story, caused by a psychic test subject, Takashi, in self-defense. The accident, as well as Tetsuo's use of amphetamines, contribute to the birth and immense growth of Tetsuo's psychic powers. Over the course of the story, Tetsuo's powers become more godlike, but his inferiority complex and the instability of his mind, coupled with the evil acts Tetsuo commits, causes his friendship with Kaneda to shatter, making them bitter enemies. After being inducted into the secret project, Tetsuo is designated "Number 41." Tetsuo is the main antagonist of Akira.

Ofcourse it isn't exactly the same, but there are a few similarities.:amuse

picture of tetsuo mutating(compare it with the cursed seal):

After watching the movie I came to the conclusion..:(i wrote a long story but accidently deleted it, f it lol.)

It's a good movie, watch it.smile-big

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

Honestly, I think you're looking a little tooooo hard for similarities.

But you should know that Kishimoto grew up with two favorite anime: Dragon Ball and Akira. He usually brings them up in interviews when asked about his inspiration to become a manga-ka.

3. Spencer_Gator

lol You are looking hard, but Kishi does use very similiar things from both imo..

4. demonixi

I also believed it were patterns my brain just wanted to see.
    but it was on my mind for a bit and had to share it:amuse