1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Lipolysis Belt

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Moritsune Jack Hammer

You clearly don't know me if you think I'm against science. Also, have you even read the reviews? A large portion of them appear to be for a handheld massage device, not the product in question. You actually have to do more research than looking at the percentage of people giving each tier rating (i.e. 80% 5 star in this case), the actual wording of the reviews would clue you into how shady a product this is. To be perfectly clear "cool sculpting" or cold therapy to reduce fat has been shown to be effective in mice, and is therefore a promising option for human use as well, and is being utilized by some doctors. Can a belt compare to the medical treatment? There is no data to suggest that it can. End of story, either utilize the information I've provided and achieve results, or use the damn belt, it does not affect me either way.

2. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

Did I not say that I cannot afford the cost of having a professional perform the treatment?

3. Grey Wolf You Want Some Of My Wood Release?

United States
    :skully

4. Grey Wolf You Want Some Of My Wood Release?

United States
    Pay me 100 dollars I'll help you lose weight buddy...

5. Moritsune Jack Hammer

Actually, no, you never once mentioned that you weren't seeking medical treatment due to cost prohibition. :oh

Correction, I did finally find the small sentence hidden in the paragraphs of nonsense. Regardless, my position remains unchanged.

Also, the methods I linked to literally cost no money, and seeking a medical treatment for something that you could easily fix yourself is definitely not what I'm recommending.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

They do, however, involve severe changes in lifestyle, and I would much rather spend money than change my lifestyle; call me lazy if you wish, but money is easy to recover, whereas lost time can never be recovered.

As I tell my parents whenever they accuse me of focusing more on having fun than on trying to ensure that I can support myself without them (which they thankfully do not do very often): life is too short to not do the things that you enjoy doing.

And I am making an effort to eat a healthy diet; I almost never have soda or candy, except as treats on rare occasions, I ensure that I always have protein with every meal, and I now drink several glasses of vegetable juice (V8 brand or otherwise) every day.

I am almost afraid to ask, but how would you do that?

7. Moritsune Jack Hammer

Severe changes in lifestyle? 5 hours per week in the gym as opposed to the 3-6 hours that you claim to spend in the gym right now (2-3x per week at 90-120 min per session per your posts), and a very easy change in diet, that I said probably wouldn't even be necessary if you started to train properly. I mean, yeah, you're lazy, but you also said you're too poor to afford medical treatment, so your options are literally to either:

A. Save up for the procedure, which guessing from your posts won't be likely because you feel like you make too little money as it is.

B. Use the worthless belt that you bought, which while it may not waste time if you use it while doing other activities you normally do, you will undoubtedly find out it was a waste of money here shortly.

C. Use the data I've provided to make small, effective changes to your lifestyle that will assuredly get you results.

I mean, you seem to try to present yourself as an intelligent person, so what am I missing?

8. Grey Wolf You Want Some Of My Wood Release?

United States
    Pay me the 100 dollars and I will have you on the Rocky diet....so at the end you can yell YOOOOO....NF I DID ITTTT!!

9. ane Advisor

So you have time to exercise but you decided to prioritize other things. Which is fine, btw, but be aware that is the reason you don't have the desired results.

Moritsune is giving you good ways to improve but in the end it will be up to you. Losing weight is no mystery, you have to burn more calories than you eat. You are not willing to change your life style so it's up to you. The belt won't work, though. When things seem too good to be true it is because they are.

In any case, you said at first you wanted this to be long term. What you do in your free time is your business. If you are healthy I guess it won't be important, though, but you are going to need to accept the extra fat in your belly because it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.

10. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

How is your advice any different from what I am doing currently? I already eat a fairly healthy diet, and I already exercise at the gym for the number of hours per week that you suggested. If I was not working a 40-hour-per-week job, I could spend more time at the gym.

And why does everyone here continue to conveniently ignore the fact that it has been scientifically proven that fat cells die when they are frozen and do not regrow?

I am the master of my own body, it is not the master of me; if I want my fat to be gone, it will be gone, one way or another. If I cannot afford to have the procedure performed by a professional, I shall take out a loan, which I would rather not do, but I have little other choices. Thankfully, we are almost at the beginning of another year, which means that I shall be receiving my tax refund, which should be very impressive, this year, since I have been working for the entire past year.

11. Moritsune Jack Hammer

It's different because the resources I provided tell you how to train and diet properly, with the ability to track progress and easily make adjustments if you hit a sticking point, and what you're doing right now is amateurish at best and clearly isn't giving you results....

Also, look back at my post, I admitted that cool sculpting has shown promise and is being used by professionals, but the key point is that the belt has no data to suggest it even remotely mimics the process nor achieves the results. You still haven't explained why you're throwing all your trust in a worthless belt with a high number of shady reviews that seem to be for a different product (my guess is that you're in denial and just want to be lazy).

Guess you better take out that loan, because it seems you aren't going to get it done otherwise. Also, pretty much 100% sure your tax return won't come come close to being able to cover the cost, especially since insurance won't be helping you out since it's an elective procedure.

12. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

I appreciate you offering me that information, and perhaps I shall try it, but exercise will only shrink the fat cells on my body, and I wish to eliminate them entirely. Plus, there are some days when I simply wish to go directly home after work, rather than to the gym, which is why I do not go there every day.

I did not know that there were reviews for a different product on that page, and the fact that has happened on the website of one of the most major retailers in the world is very bothersome; Amazon.com should have better quality control than that.

And I certainly am not in denial, and I abhor laziness; if I could work my will, I would punish anyone who I perceived as being lazy. The reason that I spent the money on that belt was because I cannot afford the cost of having a professional do it.

On that subject, why are procedures such as coolsculpting and laser hair removal so expensive? The equipment cannot possibly be that expensive to operate and maintain. It is not fair that only the very wealthy can afford to have these procedures performed.

What if I filled my bathtub with ice and lay in it for thirty minutes to an hour? Would that have any effect?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. Jim Well-Known Member

I did hear about cold treatment, but i didn't know they sold stuff that did it. I imagined you'd go to some sort of facility.

14. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Because they're cosmetic procedures.
    Try it out and see.

15. Moritsune Jack Hammer

No procedure will eliminate 100% of the fat cells in your body, and you wouldn't want it to either since fat cells are important to have. Even with fewer fat cells, if you continue to eat at a caloric surplus, the fat cells remaining will just enlarge and you'll be back to square one. Not many people want to go to the gym everyday, but is your desire to get home and browse anime forums and whatever else you do really more important to you than your physical wellness and appearance? If so, that's fine, but you should just get used to having a bit of unwanted fat.

Maybe? I think the temperatures used in the actual medical procedure are much lower, but at least you wouldn't be wasting $100 to find out. Take it easy though. No offense, but you strike me as the kind of cat that would end up giving himself hypothermia trying that kind of shit alone.

16. RemChu † Interlinked †

No matter how stupid the product, there will be a market for it. Case in point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. RemChu † Interlinked †

Imagine if he put the effort he is putting into typing and wasting money into working out.

18. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

@Moritsune, I went to the gym, again, today, and I usually do not go there on Saturdays, so that is already a sign of progress. I used an elliptical machine, and monitored how many calories I burned while using it; I burned 90 calories in 9 minutes, averaging 10 calories per minute, but, earlier in the day, I ate a sandwich at a restaurant that contained between 200 and 300 calories, so, to burn off all the calories in that sandwich, I would have needed to use the elliptical machine for twenty minutes or more, but I also used other machines while I was there and was walking while I was out shopping for nearly four hours.

Is it not a good thing that I am making an effort to monitor my calorie intake and how many calories that I am burning?

And the reason that I wish to eliminate unwanted fat from my abdominal region is that the fat affects my waistline; my body is mainly very fit and athletic, but my abdominal region is too round, and I wish for it to be as flat as a board, since it simply does not look good with the great contrast between my abdomen and the rest of my body.

19. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

do you know what your maintenance-level is, calorie-wise

20. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Dude this is so light that its literally "going about your day". This isn't real exercise.

21. Moritsune Jack Hammer

Humans evolved to be able to travel vast distances at a slow pace very efficiently, so low intensity steady state (LISS) cardio is not great at burning calories, and the machines are notoriously horrible at calculating calories burned. There are too many factors to determine caloric burn like that, the only real way to get an idea is to track every calorie/macronutrient you consume and correlate it to your weight loss or gain in that period of time. Typically you would track it all in one week periods, average the macros for the week and see if you lost, gained, or remained the same weight. The diet book I linked you to will help with that, or you can keep track of your current calories for a week, but in order to do so accurately you'd need to cook your own food and use a food scale to measure everything. Once you have your maintenance level, it's easy to adjust what you consume to make progress toward your goal, but never try to count the calories burned from exercise because you'll never figure that out accurately.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  22. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

No, because, before now, I never needed to worry about that.

That sounds like it would involve great amounts of math, and math is not one of my strongest subjects.

23. Moritsune Jack Hammer

It's all simple math, whether you count calories by themselves or through macros. Your food packaging has all the info you need in most cases, the biggest pain is weighing the food and eating mostly at home, but you should be able to find your maintenance after a couple weeks. Anyway, if you decide to actually make some diet changes and the like you're more than welcome to get in touch with me if you have any questions and I'll do what I can to help you sort it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  24. Seiko Mouse

my advice: sell your car and jog to your workplace.

25. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

That is not a feasible option, for too many reasons to list.

26. Grey Wolf You Want Some Of My Wood Release?

United States
    Take this guys advice. And, he is trying to help you. Let him help you.