1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Comics ?Feats? vs. DBZ?s ?PL?

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Id, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Id The Demon of Elru

I think it retarded to point out PL?s (Power Level), and then demonstrate a feat that was already shown at an earlier chapter.

Example
    Roshi Blowing up the Moon. And Vegita at the Buu Saga how is like Trillions of times stronger (according to PL) could only leave a small creator after detonating all his power to take out Buu.

Or what about Cell how is also trillions of times stronger then Roshi, who claimed to be able to take out a Solar System?yet when he self detonated (again unleashing all his powers). Could only take out a planet.

I think its Idiotic to use Power Level outside of DB or DBZ. And stick to feats regardless is you like the character or not.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Tags:
  2. earthshine Banned

why I figured, it was the intensity that was great(anythnig in it is obliterated), not the destructive foce.

again, intensity. also, that was not perfect cell.

3. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

Saves post to database

DBZ and it's contradictions...

Oh, but a bit of a correction... didn't Cell say he can destroy a Solar System AFTER he self-destructed?

4. Id The Demon of Elru

What extreme DBZ fans fail to realize is that there is to much of power inflation.

(The same way extreme comic fans have to realize that Characters like GL’s or Supes have to many highs and to many lows in the “Track Records” or Feats.)

Ex.
    Buu blowing up a city with ease. - Great demonstration of power but….
    Nappa Showed he could take out a city as well but….
    Picallo Demonstrated he could take out a city as well..

I mean I know PL is an integrated part of DBZ to show how they have grown and become much stronger but, doing a feat that has already bin shown does not exactly leave a good impression.

5. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Um, just to point out, no power levels were given after the Freiza saga (except for Trunks' power level being 5 when he was suppressing it).

No one is 'trillions' of times stronger. There weren't even any PLs in the billions.

Not to mention the complete and total inconsistency of power levels themselves....

6. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

Mike fails at obvious exaggeration...

7. BRANCHEAD33 Banned

hey
    vegeta did not want to blow up earth so he condensed his power inside a given area

truth

8. Id The Demon of Elru

You left out sarcasm. Like Mike said no one knows what their PL's ware after all the scouters ware broken in the Namek saga.

So I could be right or I could be wrong (when I state Trillions of times:nuts )

9. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

I think even in the DBZ universe there are forces, for example Vegeta's Self Sacrificing bomb of course had a force greater than the Final Flash or Kame Hame Ha, it was damn strong that it took his own life yet only the battle field was destroyed. So I believe the force of the attack is greater than these moon busting attacks but the radius and range is less, like what happen in Saint Seiya. At least they have finally learned how to control their attacks, adding force to the attack without destroying the area :p

10. ez Jesus Christ

well vegeta condensed his blast so that it wouldn't go after anyone or thing other than Buu otherwise he could've taken the planet or more with him. It's was a final attack that was directed at Buu and not his surroundings :x

cell said he could take out the solar system with a blast but he never said he was trying to do that, it was more of a boast than an actual threat. He only said that after he came back, though; and as for blowing up, he only intended to blow up the earth.

I don't think they could take out solar systems anyways, it was always about destroying planets one by one rather than blowing them all up all at once, which could be done if Cell/buu/vegeta stood out in space and just threw blasts at every planet they saw. But then it would only be a 1-by-1 attack instead of an all encompasing blast.

11. Gooba Join us

DBZ is basicly the king of discontinuity, and some people like to give it the benefit of the absolute most powerful version, some the lowest. Roshi blowing up the moon and Freiza blowing up Namek really doesn't make sense after everything else in the series is taken into account, they are just good plot points so they got a power boost for artistic reasons.

12. Fenix Pie Vendor

This doesnt just apply to DBZ

but to much of the manga/comic worlds in general

why are you attacking DBZ individually? get some common sense

13. blacklusterseph004 ah, made you look ...

I think it is possible to use both powerlevels and feats, seeing as there is nothing else to go by. However, I think is worthwhile noting particular attacks in the various feats. For instance, if Roshi used the kamehameha to blow up the moon, then we could say that that particular move has the abilty to destroy an astral body, and anyone who is stronger than Roshi who also posseses the kamehameha, can do at least the same.

We could then look at the character's movelist, and isolate which attack could actually get the planet busting job done. If the character doesn't have such an attack, then despite them having a higher level than Roshi, we could say that they can't perform the same feat.

14. Code Zoamelgustar

How is Roshi blowing up a moon a big contradiction? And I would think Vegeta would be skilled enough to control where his blast is directed, if his goal was to save his son, why would he want to blow up the world afterwards?

He didn't claim to be able to take out a Solar System till after he had already blown up and gotten much much stronger and that was with a fully-powered Kamehameha specifically. If you look at the Radditz fight, Goku's power-level nearlyed trippled from a regular Kamehameha. The ki techniques like that greatly multiply the power, so Cell would not only have had an increase power-up from regenerated, his full-powered Kamehameha would further multiply his power level many times over. And when he blew up, he was in a desolate place with only that one planet, and nothing but snake way otherwise.

Well power-levles would indicate an increase in power from another feat.

And in a case like that, I would disagree. At least with any with a slightly stronger power level. As I mentioned before as ki techniques bieng more powerful than their base powerful by multiples (or at least at that point, it may just be an added number, but that would only mean that the amount of ki in the same attack vastly increases over time as the increase in the Radditz saga was hundreds of times more than his base in the previous arc possibly). Roshi didn't do a simple Kamehameha, as he was shown to be able to do that in his regular form, he completely bulked up (as people do sometimes in Dragonball Z when they change forms to completely increase their power level), changing his form entirely, and did a long charge and fired. Goku himself labelled his strongest Kamehameha in Dragonball if I recall correctly a Super Kamehameha or something along those lines, so probably much stronger than his regular Kamehameha. So someone who is slightly stronger may not be able to do the same thing, as Piccolo who is already much weaker than Radditz in the first saga, surpasses him with his Masenkossappo in power.

I'd say the "plot point" is them not blowing up the planet countless times, but that of course can just be explained by them not being idiots and skilled enough not to blow up the planet when they don't intend to as in most cases, it would only kill themselves also. If they can have enough control over to do stuff like amplify light, use life force to attack, cut anything, they should at least be able to control the area effect of the attack. Though it might not be what you meant, though I'm trying to say is that the characters are certainly capable of doing those "plot points" anytime (giving the same conditions) if they chose to it seems to me at least.

15. blacklusterseph004 ah, made you look ...

So are you disagreeing with me or the thread starter?

16. Code Zoamelgustar

Well the thread starter, but I was also disagreeing with one point in your post that is one of the reasons the thread starter brought up to to support his point.