1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Confused (Possible spoilers) - Manga question

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Sammy-Jo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Sammy-Jo

Instead of waiting for the anime to continue, I decided to start reading the manga. However, I've always found comic books very difficult to follow and I don't always understand what's happening....

So, question: who's Sasori? Who's Deidra? Is Deidra a guy? Cause he/she calls Sasori "danna", which is how a wife refers to her husband, but I thought she was a guy o.0...Are they gay?

Oh, and how did Deidra defeat Gaara? I don't understand how it worked...It looked like he was winning.

Also, a little before Deidra attacked Gaara, there was a meeting...and people were talking after it. Who were they? Why did one of them have something coming out of his hand?

Major confusion...I'm on chapter 249, by the way.

I don't know why I have such a difficult time following manga o.0....

Will Naruto ever become a chuunin :p?

I know, lots of questions...if you can answer even 1, though, that would help me a bit and clear some things up :).

Thanks!

~Sammy

Tags:
  2. naruhina26

3. Maramusa

Well, to help you, who Sasori and Deidara are is quite simple:
    Look at their clothing: they are Akatsuki members!
    And about the Sasori-danna thing and Deidara's gender, i don't know that myself :oh

4. Sammy-Jo

Well, thanks for the post, Maramusa :)!

I'm thinking I should shut up until I've read the whole thing, because it's becoming a little more clear as I read on ;).

5. Splintered

They're are both guys, whether they gay or not is up to fandom to decide, though considering Sasori has "no emotions" it would be safe to say that he doesn't care.

The "husband" thing wasn't exactly a mistranslation. It can refer to husband, but in fact was an old/outdated term for "master" and was meant in that context.

That was the Suna council, Konoha has one too. I have no idea about the hand thing.

6. Zorokiller

the sand gaara used to crush deidara..deidara mixed that sand with his exploding clay, after that gaara used that sand later to protect himself (while the exploding clay was mixed with his sand which protected him) and afterwarth Deidara set it off thus letting gaara explode..

7. Ofkinheimer

If the Manga is giving you problems, go to Wikipedia and you will see general Naruto information and story arc summaries to give you an idea of the sequence of events and characters. The story is currently at towards the end of Part II but you just started at the beginning of Part II in the Rescue Gaara arc.

At the bottom of that page is also a listing of a whole bunch of links to various information in wikipedia about characters, plot, etc. You should be able to get all your general info from there and then you can post specific questions here.

But to generally answer you questions:

• Group of people at end of Part 1 = Akatsuki, 9 evil S. Class Ninja who want to capture all the demons, like the one Naruto has in him.

• Gaara was captured as he has a demon inside him

• His capture was done by Diedara and Sasori, both members of Akatsuki

• Gaara lost when Deidera created a huge explosive and threaten to destroy Gaara's village and all the people in it. The threat created an opportunity exploited by Deidera.

• He is taken back to their lair where they plan to unseal the demon and take it out of him. Unsealing causes death.

P.s. Sasake's brother is also in Akatsuki.

8. Surreal

And make sure you are reading from right to left, not from left to rightsmile-big

9. Grrblt

Gaara probably thought he was winning too, and Deidara really won on a fluke. What happened is that when Gaara crushed Deidara's arm, Deidara ate some of it with his mouth-hands and made it explosive. Then he created the big bomb that he launched on Suna. This was just to divert Gaara's attention, because while Gaara moved the desert to stop the bomb, Deidara flew a bird close to him that Gaara didn't see.

When this bomb exploded so close, the Shield reacted panically and formed a full sphere around Gaara. The sand that Deidara had tampered was inside the Shield, and it exploded right on Gaara in a confined space. Gaara was not protected from this because it was in effect his own Shield that exploded on him. Gaara knocked out, Deidara wins.

10. narutofangd

This thread brings back memories, i was equally confused the first time i read that chapter.

11. Dark Saga

12. Sammy-Jo

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who was confused :p.

But thanks so much, all of you who've helped me understand it better :)!

Oh, and Hollow, yeah I figured out after the first couple pages that I should be reading from right to left lol....you can imagine how even more confused i was reading the normal way ;).

Ofkinheimer, thanks for reccommending that I read the wikipedia article :). I think actually knowing what basically happened will majorly help my comprehension.

Again, thanks everyone for the help!!

~Sammy

13. Sammy-Jo

Okay, sorry for posting, but I'm confused again :(.

A few questions:

1. How did Neji break himself, Lee, and Tenten free from the water prisons? Also, how did the water clones hold them there in their water prisons? I remember when Zabuza captured Kakashi in the water prison, Kakashi said that the real Zabuza had to hold him there and that all he could do to attack Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura was create clones.
    2. If Neji said that Kisame has as much chakara as Naruto, does that mean that Naruto only has 30% of Kisame's chakara? (Since the guy they were fighting wasn't really Kisame, but a Jonin with 30% of Kisame's chakara)
    3. Why didn't Gai die when he opened all 8 gates?
    4. What was going on when Kakashi's body looked like it was turning into paper and burning up? If that was just his kage bunshin, how did the genjutsu work at all?
    5. Umm...stupid question, I know, but....where the hell is everyone o.0? I have no clue where either of the teams is, nor do I know how close they are to one another or where they are heading.
    edit: Another question:
    6. Is that guy with the mask who asks Itachi for information on who's coming Sasori? Is he the leader of Akatsuki? If not, who is the leader?

Am I the only one who finds manga difficult to understand? I mean, I read a lot and I've never had troubles with reading comprehension before...Then again, I've never read a comic book before :p.

Well, thanks in advance!

~Sammy

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  14. Zhang_Fei

Yeah me too, the dialogue is funky there.

1 Neji released a large amount of chakra from his tenketsus to dispel the prison technique. That's why the panel before that shows his chakra system. About the clones, you can either have the real person hold the prison and the clones attack or the reverse, have the clones hold the prison and have the real person attack. Why didn't Zabusa use a clone to get Kakashi then? Cause he's not as strong as Kisame, a water clone only has 1/10th the strength of the user. Cause Kisame is so strong even his bunshins were able to capture Neji, Tenten, Lee.

2yeah Naruto has 30% of Kisame's chakra. pathetic eh?

3 he only opened 6 gates OR THE 6th gate. He says "8 gates" cause that's the name of the technique, but the gate he says he opens is the 6th gate, the view gate. Whether that means he also opened all other 5 gates before it is a topic under debate, since he doesn't turn red. (in manga lee turned a darker shade when opening the 3rd gate)

4 hard to explain, remember a kage bunshin has actual mass and is able to see/smell/hear etc., so technically it can also be trapped in genjutsu . . . but it just wouldn't hurt the original user.

5 probably in missions of their own, even though it's already been 2.5 years remember that konoha still hasn't really been able to replace the various number of ninjas that were killed in the invasion of konoha, so they may be doing other missions involving any number of things.
    *edit* oh you mean those two teams, i thought you meant Asuma and Kurenai's teams. They're headed towards the Akatsuki cave but they're currently fighting in two different areas, Kakashi's team was heading back from Sand country, whereas Gai's team was heading towards the sand country. The area seems to be between Sand and Konoha.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  15. The Pink Ninja

Neji can see the weaknesses with his Byakugan and break out with Jyuken. Basically his abilities allow him to defeat such chakra based things.

Yeah, Kisame has a hell of alot of chakra.

Because he only opened six, and even then only for a second or two.

The burning up was Itachi attacking him with a genjutsu. Kage Bunshin have their own minds and thus can be effected by mind effecting Jutsu.

They're heading to a cave where Akatsuki ahve taken Gaara.

Sasori is the hunched over guy witht he Scorpion tail. The Akatsuki Leader is the seethrough guy wiht the spikey hair and arrogant attitude.

I've never had and problems with it.

16. Sammy-Jo

Thanks for the help, Zhang Fei and The Pink Ninja :)!

I guess I have problems with comprehending the manga since a lot of the actual battles are in pictures...Like when they're just talking, I perfectly understand what's going on, but I have no clue what's happening in the battles.

I've never been an arts person at all, in that I can't draw nor do I particularly enjoy looking at art. Some is okay, but....

Does anyone know where I can find summaries of the battles so that I can understand what's happening?

Or will I just have to wait a while till the anime episodes come out (if they EVER do, taking so long...)?