1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Come vote in the third Alley Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Connection Troubles...

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Firedraconian, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

Okay. Here's the situation.

There's a website, that will remain nameless, that I've been able to connect to for some time. A few weeks ago, I was suddenly unable to connect, getting a 'Cannot Find Server' error with Internet Explorer.

I waited a bit, figuring the site might be down, but recently I contacted the website's manager. According to him, the site is up and working fine. He suggested I reboot and, if that doesn't work, try Firefox.

I rebooted, no change. So I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and tried again, this time getting a "The connection has timed out" error message.

I'm able to connect to any other website fine. I even turned my Firewall (McAfee) off completely and tried it, but it still wouldn't connect, so that's not the problem. I can't think of any reason that I'd suddenly be unable to connect. The website manager has no idea why either.

I'm living on campus, but I can't see why my ISP would suddenly block a random website like that. And I'm not getting a 'Blocked' message.

Can anyone help me out? Is there something I'm missing?

Tags:
  2. iriseyes Loose Cannon

I don't think this belongs in here...but if it does, check to make sure that YOU aren't blocked from the site. As irc has k-lining, you might have your ISP blocked from the site. Try an ISP hider and see what happens.

3. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

I don't... think I would be blocked. I did email the guy twice, and he probably would've said something.

I tried accessing the site using Google translator (Japanese to English) and I could access it THAT way, but I can't log in or anything, so I'm still stuck. But at least I know the site is still up.

Where can I get an ISP hider?