1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Connection Troubles...

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Firedraconian, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Firedraconian

There's a website, that will remain nameless, that I've been able to connect to for some time. A few weeks ago, I was suddenly unable to connect, getting a 'Cannot Find Server' error with Internet Explorer.

I waited a bit, figuring the site might be down, but recently I contacted the website's manager. According to him, the site is up and working fine. He suggested I reboot and, if that doesn't work, try Firefox.

I rebooted, no change. So I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and tried again, this time getting a "The connection has timed out" error message.

I'm able to connect to any other website fine. I even turned my Firewall (McAfee) off completely and tried it, but it still wouldn't connect, so that's not the problem. I can't think of any reason that I'd suddenly be unable to connect. The website manager has no idea why either.

I'm living on campus, but I can't see why my ISP would suddenly block a random website like that. And I'm not getting a 'Blocked' message.

Can anyone help me out? Is there something I'm missing?

Tags:
  2. iriseyes

I don't think this belongs in here...but if it does, check to make sure that YOU aren't blocked from the site. As irc has k-lining, you might have your ISP blocked from the site. Try an ISP hider and see what happens.

3. Firedraconian

I don't... think I would be blocked. I did email the guy twice, and he probably would've said something.

I tried accessing the site using Google translator (Japanese to English) and I could access it THAT way, but I can't log in or anything, so I'm still stuck. But at least I know the site is still up.

Where can I get an ISP hider?