1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention contest participants:

Voting will officially be done by polls in GOTW and POTW. However, poll options are limited, so sometimes they will be split between 2 polls. Don't forget to vote in both!

Thank you, loves.
    Dismiss Notice

[Contest] Contest Central Drawing Contest -- First Choice Votes

Discussion in 'Contest Central' started by Azeruth, Jun 23, 2019.

Tags:

Best choice?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2019.
  1. 01

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 02

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 03

70.0%
  4. 04

10.0%
  5. 05

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 06

5.0%
  7. 07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 08

15.0%
  1. Azeruth Moderator

First Choice Vote
    Entries for the contest can be found here:

Please vote for your first choice in this poll. Your vote will have a weight of 2.
    And vote for your second choice in the Second Choice Votes poll. Your vote there will have a weight of 1.

Rules
    • Entrants may not vote for themselves.
    • You may not vote for the same entry in both polls.
    • Entrants who vote in BOTH the First Choice Votes and Second Choice Votes polls will receive a bonus 2 points towards their own entry.
    • Accounts that were made in June 2019 cannot vote. (Newcomers who entered are permitted to vote.)
    • Comments and can be posted here if you wish.

Tags:
  2. RemChu

Very different styles, is 4 suppose to be Divalo from jojo?

Naruto thing one is cool. Could see it as bad ass graffiti irl.

Great job on the waterfall scene. Nice little details. Would have liked to maybe see some more light on the girl, like move her up. Since she's the focal point and has great hair and skin color.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  3. poutanko

#3 drawing style looks familiar :hehe
    I like the atmosphere there. The colours are perfect, very soothing ~ :blobmelt

#2 and #4 have a unique and bold look. Quickly catch my eyes.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Mysticreader

Nice entries and quite unique styles so good job to everyone who submitted and all the best :thumbsup

My favs would be Entries 2, 3 and 4. Quite like the scenic detail of Entry 3 and the facial expressions of Entries 2 and 4. Visually catching.

Entries 1, 5 and 8 have good colouring scheme. Entries 6 and 7 are interesting with the pen/ink drawing or the usage of light spaces to highlight the model. Creative.

5. Loni

Entry 01- It seems like you didn't take the drawing contest seriously, that's okay. Your color choices are calming, I'm not sure if that's a character from something or an original, anyway... try harder next time. You could get a reference image and totally try at drawing something.

Entry 02- First of all, respect! I really like the style of it but the burnt orange in the background is a little harsh. I also like the way you filled the canvas and used everything to create a piece with emotion.

Entry 03- It's got a nice color scheme. My only concern is the lack of defined edges in some areas. I get what you're going for but I'm sure you could have done it better.

Entry 04- The pros are a well-drawn portrait and good use of the entire area of the paper. The cons are the muddy colors and the highlights that are placed randomly.

Entry 05- I really like the colors and the composition. The drawing could be better but I like the fact that this artist put in the effort.

Entry 06- The drawing is not good. The pose is awkward and I'm not sure even color could save this piece. Thanks for nothing.

Entry 07- The edge control and a single color is a nice touch. I really like your style.

Entry 08- This is, in my opinion, the best entry. It has vibrant, bold colors, excellent drawing, and a nice background.

6. Azeruth Moderator

My first choice vote went to Entry 03. It's got a beautiful setting, seemingly looking out from a cave of some sort full of water. There's a really pretty mermaid gazing out at both a forest and a waterfall with some birds flying by. There seems to be some overgrowth with maybe some fruit or flowers growing among it. All around a very lovely entry~

My second choice vote went to Entry 08. A beautifully drawn female warrior with a mask, the wonderful pairing of the purple armor with the green hair, the highlighting with the pink both on the armor as well as outlining the girl. Very beautiful entry~

There were a lot of really good entries in this. Great job everyone~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. RemChu

Was confused by your description of 8. Isn't that uh Saint seiya? Think it's a male character just feminine traits.

8. Azeruth Moderator

Says gender female on this wikia page for but either way it doesn't change my vote.

9. RemChu

I don't watch saint seiya at all, my bad lol.

10. Nataly

I like the positive vibes and warm feeling I get from the settings in the third entry. Very paradise like and the mermaid only adds some enigma, I am thinking about an abandoned private island where mermaids come around once in a while and use that place as their hideout and getaway. The drawing is very well-made, I like the colors, shades, little details (jewelry and hair piece on the mermaid, for instance), birds, flowers.
    The facial expression is amazingly shown in the forth entry. I can't stop looking at hoe the artist drew eyes (sparkle in the eyes from tears), lips, that hair falling on the face. All the brush strokes, the pose add to the sad effect. This was one of my favorite entries.
    It was a hard choice to only limit myself to two, and my second vote went to the sixth drawing. I like everything in it, the character's position, lack of color (which makes it even better), added elements on the background (so it isn't just a plain background), sharpness and blurriness.
    Great job and let the best one win!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Jibutters

This was a lot of fun to see everyone's contributions and freestyle choices!! Great work everyone!! :blobfiesta

My first choice vote went to entry 3. I really love the style it's done in and the colors used are very beautiful. It has a very smooth texture to it and it gives me a sense of wonder, mystery and adventure. I want to know more about this place and about this character :caticon Very awesome piece and well done!! :blobvibes

My second choice vote went to entry 8. I like the clean lines and look of this one and the purple and green together really makes it stand out. I also like the character's green eyes that match the hair, and the mask brings a sense of mystery to it as well. I thought it was very well done and coloured nice work!! :blobcoffee

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List