1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Cooking Contest #5 - Pasta [Submissions]

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Velvet, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velvet Helper

Cooking Challenge #5 - PASTA

- Submission Thread -

Deadline: August 4th 1600 EST

Discussion Thread -

----
    Prizes:

• 1st place- 13 points
      • 2nd place- 8 points
      • 3rd place- 5 points
      • 2 points for participating for everyone else outside of the top 3
    ----

Please read the rules and guidelines of this challenge:

- To join the contest, contestants have to submit one photo of a dish that suits the topic of the challenge in the submissions thread

!!! New rule added: Second picture with the name of the contestant on a piece of paper next to the cooked dish is required to verify it was made by them. !!!

- You are free to interpret each contest theme as you wish, as long as your submission falls reasonably within the thematic parameters.
    - Please explain briefly in your submission post why your submission is suitable. You may include any further relevant info, such as ingredients, cooking methods, recipe, etc.
    - The photo entry must be new and taken specifically for this challenge by the person submitting it. The food cooked in the photo must be made specifically for this contest by the contestant.
    - The maximum file dimensions for each photo is 800 x 800 pixels.
    Please always use spoiler tags for the picture.
    -Subtle photo modifications are allowed, such as color adjustments.
    The photographed food must be clear in detail and easy to see.

----

Good luck and have fun! :foxlove

-

2. Yamato

Flag:
    Argentina, Mexico

Made pasta tonight and I went with fusili with basil pesto, tomatoes and garlic butter shrimp. It is also National Tequila Day so I had some Sprite with Tequila and lemon juice.

Spoiler: ingredienti e altre immagini

First off, I apologize if I butchered the words. Put in "ingredients and other pictures" into Google Translate.

Shrimp, minced garlic, home grown tomato halves, homegrown lemon, basil pesto sauce, fusili pasta.

Cooked to al dente and strained.

Garlic butter and shrimp. Squeezed some lemon occasionally for that extra zest. Also added some brandy because why not. It was already sitting there on the kitchen counter haha.

Shrimp is all cooked and smelling amazing. Cooked the heads too because my dad wanted that.

Next was the sauce. I placed the shrimp on a separate plate first and added in some olive oil, basil pesto and tomatoes into the skillet.

Also, PASTAAAA :blessed

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • List
  3. Velvet Helper

My entry is Japanese Napolitan (with tagliatelle pasta)

Recipe
    Spoiler:

Ingredients (for 1 person):

spaghetti or another type of pasta(for 1 person, I used tagliatelle)
    salt to taste
    oil (I used olive oil)
    3~4Tbs ketchup
    1/4 onion
    1/2 bell pepper
    1 bacon (or ham, sausage, hot dogs)
    1 cloves garlic
    parmesan cheese
    ----

1. In a pot, add water and salt and boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the package directions.

2. Sprinkle the oil on the cooked spaghetti to prevent sticking.

3. Cut the onion, bacon, bell pepper and garlic into bite sized pieces.

4. Coat the pan with oil, fry the garlic, onion, bacon and bell pepper in such order.

5. Add cooked spaghetti and ketchup and keep frying.

6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese to taste.

Spoiler: Other pics

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Nataly

Easy Chow Mein

Pasta, what associations do you get when you hear that delicious word? All time Italian favorites, Bolognese, pasta primavera, spaghetti and meatballs, and etc. For me, Pasta brings the feeling of little Italian cafes and restaurants filled with the smell of Parmesan cheese and meat sauces cooking on the stove all day long. However, I wanted to do something different for this contest and make Chinese Chow Mein as my entry instead of one of the Italian signature dishes. Because why not? Variety is the spice of life.

It is so simple to make and doesn't take a lot of time, so it's perfect if you're busy and still want a good homemade meal. What makes it really good is the sauce, the oil you cook it in, and the special noodles made just for Chow Mein. Another great thing about this dish is that it can be vegetarian as well, just skip the chicken as in my case and only make it with vegetable and don't forget the sauce and you're all set. Great option for vegetarians. And it is so full of different vegetables, I just love it. Can never have enough vegetables. That pop in the color and in taste.

I still wanted to add some salad on the side for more distinctive taste. The salad is the fresh addition with just arugula, croutons, sprinkled parmesan cheese on top and your favorite salad dressing (although I would recommend going with Balsamic Vinaigrette or Raspberry Vinaigrette). I know it is not traditional for the Chinese Chow Mein to have it with a salad, but I think the two of them go well together.
    Spoiler:

Ingredients:
    For Chow Mein

-Special Chow Mein noodles-
    -Skinless boneless Chicken Thighs (if you prefer meat in there)-
    -Vegetables (Fresh would be better, but frozen is another option, broccoli, onions, carrots, peppers)-
    -Soy Sauce-
    -Sesame Seed Oil-
    -PF Chang's Sesame Sauce (the thickness of it makes the dish as I said earlier, and don't get any kind of it but Sesame Oil flavor, it works the best)-

For Salad
    -Arugula-
    -Croutons (Cheese and Garlic ones, oh yeah)-
    -Parmesan Cheese-
    -Dressing of your preference-

Process
    It is extremely easy to make. Pan sear the meat of your preference (it can be chicken/pork/beef) in sesame oil, take it out once it is done and shred it or cut it in smaller pieces, set aside. Add vegetables, water, let it simmer and enjoy the aroma. When the vegetables are almost done, add the noodles and keep mixing them with the vegetables. The noodles will not take a long time, once they are softened the dish is done. Voila, add as much sauce and soy sauce as you desire and enjoy this dish.
    Spoiler:

It is one of my specialties and the whole place smells like sesame when I'm making it, the smell is unbelievable. I am definitely taking this creation to my coworkers after making it every time because they simply love it.
    Spoiler:

5. Velvet Helper

Submission thread is now

-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.