1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Crack Pot Idea - The three brothers are "one" through the Demon King

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yak, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Yak Well-Known Member

This may be confusing to read as a title but what I mean is not that they are the same person. The DK only ever intended Meliodas to be his proxy, a vessel for his power. It didn't quite work out, he had two more sons who weren't suitable, the rest is history in the manga.

But this strong connection exists with all three of them since they are of his flesh or at least of his essence. So by taking in the Commandments which are the power manifest of the DK, they become him.

Which is why everything Meliodas did when he was still a Commandment was also likely known to his father and which is why this recoils back into Estarossa's mind and memory now because he took in several Commandments and thus tightened the grip the DK has on one of his vessels/sons. Estarossa is totally illsuited for the task because his body rejects the decrees but nevertheless he has access to all the memories of his older brother because they are all connected among each other. Which is why he believes himself to be Meliodas.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Dayscanor The One

I had a similar theory way back, in MH. And I think it could work, I don't trust the DK will simply hand his throne to Mel without something in exchange, aka getting out of purgatory.

What I think will happen is that once Mel (or his brothers) absorbs the decrees their conscioussness will be taken over by the DK, who would then inhabit their bodies, or something along those lines. He just chose Mel because he's the strongest and has a better chance at absorbing the decrees without any rejection.

I don't fully agree on Estarossa inheriting Mel's memories, but I guess it's in the realm of possibilities.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. Yak Well-Known Member

I can also take my theory a step further because I think Estarossa will in fact survive this but he will also lose the decrees he has and I wouldn't be surprised if in someway this removal breaks him, mentally (sorta attonement for the crimes he commited regardless of his background story). And if he lives but is kinda an empty vessel, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Mel/Elizabeth/Estarossa angle resolves in the endgame by Meliodas simply inhabitting the body of his younger brother (whose soul is dead), essentially fulfilling his raison d'etre and kinda literally allowing him to become Meliodas. And if Elizabeth's love is genuinely unconditional she would love Meliodas even if he was in the body of his brother.

It's admittedly a very crazy and unlikely idea but hey, weirder things have happened in manga before so... :D

4. Dayscanor The One

If all three form the DK (in a sense) then perhaps Mel can absorb his brothers, or at the very least Estarossa's soul. That way he can allow him to be at peace and together with Eli. It's better than Esta being left with a broken mind or an empty vessel imo. Plus we all know Nakaba likes them shotas. Kappa

So I guess he won't have Mel possess Esta's fine body.:hurr

5. Yak Well-Known Member

But that will bring the EllieXMel crowd to the barricades, no way they will tolerate Estarossa somewhere in there mingling with that after everything he's done.

Nah, in all seriousness, I would prefer if all three brothers lived but my mind constantly revolved around the possibilities that it will literally go like in KB with the bad brother(s) atoning for their sins. In death.

And I'm not very comfortable with this idea, that they will be gone completely, both physically and their spirits as well. I just dunno. I want a sort of happy end for everyone here.

Okay, maybe not Zeldris, I don't really give much of a shit about Zeldris lol

6. Dayscanor The One

But he will live inside Mel, and he won't disappear completely.He'll get to experience everything Mel does. Kappa

Specifically to Eli. :hurr

I think I'm more okay with his body disappearing(:gglife), rather than his soul. But yeah ideally they should all get to live, especially Estarossa since he got messed up by the DK's decree. I feel like he deserves a chance to live happily for once. :tomacry

And yeah fuck Zel.

7. Yak Well-Known Member

Why would you want that? Why would you want the only aesthetically pleasing piece of eyecandy adult (aside from Dreyfus, there is always Dreyfus) to disappear? Fuck his soul, honestly. I can totally relate to Estarossa but let's be real - his only existence is to become Meliodas. I mean, before that it was ending the war and all but he seems to have completely wiped that off his memory, probably due to the perceived betrayal of his brother. Now he only cares about becoming a better version of Mel and taking everything from him. (maybe not anymore now that he is swallowed up by darkness, he probably realizes what a huge mistake he made).

Sadly, that is all there is to it. Unless Nakaba adds a new layer of depth to Estarossa's personality, he stays fairly shallow. Sadly. Because I really like this character and I want him to be more but this close to the endgame he probably won't serve much of a role. Perhaps become an ally against whoever ends up being Final Villain but I doubt he gets a romantic happy end like Kind and Diane, Mel and Ellie and Ban and Elaine, etc.

8. Dayscanor The One

Wow talk about being superficial.:ippy

I just want to fix him!!!:tomacry

And that is precisely why Nakaba would want to save him in some way. IMO his arc will have him come to terms with wanting to be Mel and wanting to be with Eli, and instead finally be himself. That would add more depth to his character, and who knows maybe it will end up even helping Eli and Mel.
    I don't think Nakaba is throwing that bit about him wanting to end the war for nothing. It shows how good Estarossa is without the decree, and his actual real purpose.
    I'm not talking about him getting with Eli, at least not literally like a couple, but in a way whether he dies or not he could end up watching over her, and even Mel.
    That's the kind of ending I want for him if he dies.

9. Yak Well-Known Member

Lol, touche :lmao

Yeah, you are right actually. They kinda all need fixing. I wonder if my perception of that whole family ordeal changes if the Demon King would just finally show up. So far he only spoke through his actions and there was one piece of cheeky dialogue he had with Meliodas but I want some actual interaction. Maybe there is a good reason for everything he does outside of being an absolute DICK

I want this family to be okay, they are all just too fucked up. It's sorta ironic that the most caring and normal guys left in the demon clan are Chandler and Cussack lol

10. Dayscanor The One

Inb4 Chandler and Cusack are revealed to be fucked up as well. :skully

11. Yak Well-Known Member

Well, they definitely are in some way. But they are the only demons left who are doting on their "children/grandchildren" like grandpas. It's strangely dorky and cute.

12. White Wolf Super Moderator

Since it's unlikely they were birthed the ol' natural way being a byproduct of some tinkering here an there is more than reasonable, so could see it happening as such.