1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Creation vs. Evolution

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by Kyon, Jun 3, 2007.

What do you believe in?

1. Evolution

82.1%
  2. Creation

2.6%
  3. Intelligent Design

5.1%
  4. Don't care/Undecided

10.3%
  1. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

I think I've mentioned this on other threads, but the mainstream theory of evolution accepted by the scientific community, based on the theories of Darwin, simply does not make any attempts to explain abiogenesis (the creation of life from nonliving materials). Only later were attempts made to use the existing theories of evolution to explain the appearance of single celled organisms.

2. drache who's afraid ofa big bad wolf?

KAnji, the truth is what caused the big bang (if that theory is right) will never be answered by science. It's just an unanswerable question because any evidence left behind would have been effected by the big bang and we'd never be able to exactly account for that. Thus current thinking is that we will never know what caused the big bang.

3. Kuroyoru_Kanji New Member

Yeah, I suppose that is true. We may never know what caused the Big Bang. An explosion of that caliber is unimaginable. Well, back then space was much smaller. I'm not sure if you guys read up on new discoveries in astronomy, but scientists found "Dark Energy" it is some sort of energy in space that opposes gravity, and I think they said that 90% of space is filled up with Dark Energy. They have no idea what it is they just know that it causes the galaxies to seperate faster and faster and continues to expand our universe. They also said that alot of our scientific branches, like Physics have to be updated and partially re-done to because of this finding.