1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Cursed Blades: Inconsistencies from Oda

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by RossellaFiamingo, Oct 15, 2019.

1. RossellaFiamingo

I’ve been looking into cursed blades recently for the one piece game I’m writing. One thing that annoys me with Oda is how he only values the narrative in regards to explaining to the readers how things in the world works. He only reveals things when it will make s big impact in the plot but that decision can make certain things look like asspulls.

We recently learned that Enma is a cursed blade that sucks out it’s users armament haki to greatly ramp up its destructive force. Now... before Enma, the only thing we’ve seen a confirmed cursed sword do is cut people against its users will.

Law has a cursed sword but we don’t know much about it.

Shiryu, and the way he talked about his sword makes it seem cursed and the end result is somewhat similar in that it compelled him to kill.

Durandal from Cavendish might be s cursed weapon and might be why Cavendish has Hakuba but the theme is generally the same. Cursed swords make the user act and cut against their will.

Heck, even Mihawk who might have a cursed sword in Yoru says that Yoru has no restraint. So, why all of a sudden Enma the only exception where it has an innate magical ability?

I’m asking this cause I want to figure out a cool but not bullshit mechanic to implement into my game regarding cursed weapons.

Tags:
  2. Spiegel

It can't be explained at the moment. Enma must have a special property because Luffy held the Nidai Kitetsu, a cursed blade of the same rank and it didn't suck his chakra..I mean haki from him.

3. Louis-954

Enma, Yoru, Raiu and Durandal aren’t cursed.

The only confirmed curse blades are the Kitetsu blades and Laws Kikoku.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. hisoga

Damn it Oda, I don't understand why we met Franky not in chapter 1. He is a freaking Strawhat Pirate!!!

Same with Rayleigh. Why we only saw him in chapter 19, not chapter 1.. his captain waS introduces in chapter 1!!
    Why we only get to know his name around 500 chapters later?!