1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

D. Gray-man

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Tazmo, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Tazmo The Supreme Cheese

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Tags:
  2. YamazakiSusumu Just call me Susumu.

D. Gray-man

Recently, I've been trying new manga series. Last month I started reading Death Note (absolutely love it), last week I started Gintama (love it), and today I began reading D. Gray-man (love it).

It's about a 15 year-old boy named Allen Walker who was born with a devil-killing weapon in his arm. Because of this he chose to become an exorcist who travels around pursuing Akuma (devils) and Earl (the guy in charge of the Akuma).

So I've only read 3 chapters of this manga so far, but I can already tell that I'm getting hooked. Anyone else read it?

3. phungnana Banned

Nice chapter I guess, dunno what to think anymore of the direction where this is going...

5. Tayimus Number One

Hmm..a pair of dark-haired babies and their mother, followed by a dark- haired boy running in a field of wheat to a large mansion and stretching his hand towards someone? I'm assuming the babies are Mana and Neah, and the boy is Mana stretching hand towards Neah. Could Mana and Neah be twins, and we're finally gonna get some back story on them? If so, I'm excited.

Sadly, I didn't care so much bout the other 30 or so pages in this chapter :pek

6. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Very information heavy chapter. I hate the fact however, that we're randomly jumping between scenes every chapter it makes it hard to follow.

7. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

I think there is something about this manga that makes it very hard to read the dialogue. I don't have this problem with any other manga I currently follow. I wonder the author has an unusual writing style, and it simply is difficult to translate.

This chapter was pretty good, though.

8. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

still no lenalee huh? hoshino you sure know how to disenfranchise readers :hurr

9. Morgan The Legend

I just can't remember what happened in the previous chapters. It took so long. I refuse to read 'em over.

10. Gabe Murim Grand Master

good chapter we learned about how link survived and we started seeing what i think are the memories of neah in allen

11. jgalt7 Rick Astley 4 President!

12. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Man I miss the days when D.Gray-Man was good. Must keep hope alive!

13. Guiness plus ultra nigga

I miss the old D-Grayman too. The plot has gotten too complicated, the artstyle horrible and the story completely out of loop. I don't even know whats going on anymore (exaggeration).

14. Danchou Antagonist

It's really a damn shame how terrible DGM turned out.

It was incredible until the Noah invaded the Black Order.

It went down the drain when the level 4, Levelier, the third excorcists, Alma Karma, Apocryphos etc. were introduced.

15. KAKASHI10 Active Member

I started reading the chapter, and I was SO LOST that I was did they publish another chapter already? this des not make sense :argh, then I kind got the idea of it, and realize what she was doing in the chapter.

16. inkmyname New Member

Chapter 214 is out! :high

Frankly, I thought it was a pretty decent chapter. The pace has slowed down quite a bit, but I'd rather it was like that than, you know, rushed. What a hodgepodge that would be, considering how many plot/mystery threads are still hanging up in the air. I'll refrain from squeeing about Kanda's lethal 19-year old beauty. Allen, on the other hand. He gets prettier every time. :love

I thought it left off at a pretty intense place, too. Arrrghh. JUST HOW IS KANDA GOING TO HANDLE THIS.

P.S. Um, can someone tell me how to spoiler tag? Because I want to squee about the 14th and how absurdly creepy he was this chapter. He's worse than Allen when it comes to The Smile. D:

17. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Spoiler:
    [SPOILER/

then close it off

Only enjoyed the ending, fed up with these constant flashbacks that no-one gives a fuck about and Johnny in every bloody chapter.

18. @lk3mizt Active Member

felt a little rushed, but awesome nonetheless!

how long do we have to wait for the next one? :D:

19. Gabe Murim Grand Master

good chapter the 14th is finally awaken and has taken over allen

20. luffy no haki Troll~troll~troll the world, trolling all of it~

decent chapter, at least better than the crap we were getting before.

21. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

Finally Neah takes over hopefully this isn't just temporary and we can move the plot along.

22. BlueDemon Demon

After reading your posts (accidentally) I knew what would happen anyway, but yeah, I?m happy we?re moving forward!

@Thdyingbreed: Nah, don?t think that would happen. Ultimately, Allen is going to take over again or they?re going to join up or something (damn, I forgot so much about D.Gray-man...should re-read it sometime too...)

23. Guiness plus ultra nigga

D-Grayman could do better if it was weekly and the author wasn't an lazy ass.

Bet it takes half a year before the plot moves alonhg.

24. Gabe Murim Grand Master

25. Kira U. Masaki Crown Prince of Jurai, ABH

As bad as Bleach has become, I think it had the biggest drop from being one of the "top 3"; I cant see anything dropping in quality like D gray man has, it never had the high of the other shonens, but it was pretty dam good and now, art style aside, where is this story going

26. Ichigo Ignis Fatuus

Does the author have cancer or some terminal disease? No. For me that just seems to be a great excuse to use for why you haven't completed work.

Some of these authors seem to ALWAYS be "sick". If this were truly the case they would have some terminal illness and wouldn't be able to concentrate on any project. It just seems really convenient that this is the excuse always branded about (not like it isn't sometimes true).

I'm sure they'd rather say "Oh, I was sick... again" than "I got lazy and didn't have the work completed in time for the publisher". Now how many have admitted to that?

27. Morglay .

She has had an ongoing wrist problem in her drawing hand... True if she was ambidexterous this wouldn't be a problem at all and it would be laziness.

Maybe she should've also had 1 or 2 backup artists who could've done the job as well as she did if a problem did occur. Thats talking in terms of theoretical illness however and she probably didn't think anything was going to happen to her.

She is in the process of completing the work so its not an excuse for not doing it, its a reason for the drop in quality and the long hiatuses the series seems to be having.

If it annoys you enough to dedicate a post flaming the author for feigning ill health and call her lazy well there is always the option of dropping the series. (Basically you can fuck off.)

28. Vɑnƶ Well-Known Member

Except the flashback at the begin i don't really see anything wrong with this chapter .

29. Gabe Murim Grand Master

she has had many problems especially with her hand you try and write something with your hand injured. plus you do get this free it is not like you pay and being angry. in reality she should go on a long hiatus and fully heal.

30. Kira U. Masaki Crown Prince of Jurai, ABH

I agree you cant criticize too much if she had something like a wrist problem in terms of art style, but the story line of the manga is what has degraded the most, ever since the expansion of the black order to all these branches, third and fourth exorcists, now we have this living innocence thing hunting allen, etc.

The manga was its strongest early on when it was simply a group of exorcist plus ravi going against the noah and the Earl